Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 26th December 2020, 16:27   #341
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipsee View Post
I would just like to thank Artic for his perseverance in putting up with all us newbis continually flooding there cars...talk of repetition!!! (not forgetting Jules))) All I can say is Thank you.... OK that being done.. I took no notice... and my car flooded... but how could it ? it being a 2003 car surly it must have been modded by now,,, NO it had not .. my previous old banger may have had a blowing exhaust ,wonky electrics,and holes in both sills and rotten sub frame,,but worse headling reastin on my head But it never Ever leaked!!! my newer SE with lovly sunroof (I love sunroofs ((normally ((((when they bwork and do,nt Leak))))Honestly its alovely old car ,,in BRG ,,,whats not to like!!! so I did not take anynotice of all these doommongers...Hell I wish I had ,,Come the rains I noticed steaming on the inside and you all know the rest... Water water and plenty of it.. On reading the remedy,I was quite apprehensive ,,carpet out half the dashand seats is just the beginning...I,m not a mech or anything like but I,m a have ago hero
Quote:
.OK so its boxing day I bought the connectors but have lost them thought about using hose pipes ,rethought that cannot be right so back to the script...
the carpets are now dry and driver side is done(well not quite but will be tomorrow) ... That the position as of now boxing day evening ,,, the seats are in the living room and make great occasional seats ... I am dreading putting everything back cos I know something will be wrong and all have to come out again...Rover Rover I could throttle you!!!!
Hi Phil.
Garden hose can be used the green type is best.
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...&postcount=143

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2020, 19:43   #342
lipsee
Regular poster

Touer,diesel auto,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Phil.
Garden hose can be used the green type is best.
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...&postcount=143
Thanks Arctic (Steve) I have only yellow hosepipe,,but I found the joiners ,Have ago hero rises to have ago again... Phil Swain
lipsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2020, 16:40   #343
lipsee
Regular poster

Touer,diesel auto,,

ok done the two front drain pipes (what a faff) the left side had been done before,but it was leaking bad,, I stuffed a wire coat hanger wire down then used a Turkey baster to put water down and all looks good.. not so good are the numerous stuff that has been broken like the light switch bracket ,,the foot heater outlet and various other stuff.. I,v now got off the front scukkel ...I intend to seal up (give it the works ) I nearly broke it taking it off,,but we got there..Funny enough the Pheluums where bone dry ,,checked out with the baster and all good...Anybody else drive without a heater pollen filter,,mine was caked in NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-,,so I binned it ...we are going naked (at least filter wise),,,hope all you good folks are having an enjoyable christmass and wish you all a happy new year,,,
Old 29th December 2020, 14:05   #344
lipsee
Regular poster

Touer,diesel auto,,

O dear o dear this car will be the death of me,,, doing the back two drains on my tourer,,I thought the front two was a faff...oh my goodness... Actually the O/s was not too bad,, I used a seal cartridge end bit andit went on well ,,but I did notice some water laying around in there.. The N/s was the pits...having not read all fine instruction(thanks again Arctic),I was baffled (easily done)by the cargo eye thingies ,ended up taking off the spare wheel cover (noticed I got a flat) Eventually that horribble bit of carpet came out (I may cut a hole in it to view the pipe easier...Looked at the N/s pipe I noticed a dripple from the inside of the chrome trim in two places,,what the bets there are other leaks too. But it should be an easyish fix with the right tools and perhaps a bottle of Captain Tolly,s leak sealer...Back to the O/s,,,,I checked the trim rivets that side and they look ok,,BUT the wiring loom is sodden ,,the water seems tobe coming in via the back side window...The spare wheel well is bone dry ,and rear light seem good...I now admit I,m losing faith ...After thiss coffee I,m going to seal up the last pipe...then finsh that bottle of brandy...regards
Old 30th December 2020, 15:01   #345
lipsee
Regular poster

Touer,diesel auto,,

Hi, Have taken more trim of and broke more tabs (I think its the cold weather more reason to do this in summer) got the mrs the pour water on the roof at the backend ,,,did not learn much,,,so took off the trim covering the boot hinges (tourer remember) someone had been before,,IE double sided taped up,,,under the headlining its wringing wet,,maybe thats from the sunroof,,,, I think its got to come out,,,but it will have to wait till summer... I now need the car runnin.. so carpets and seat got to go back tomorrow..As there was standing water next to the rear pipes (not much but enough) I decided to drill a couple of holes each side near the rear pipes...I,m now feeling the stirrings of grim determination to finish this job properly,,so am reluctant to really glue bits back. regards

Last edited by lipsee; 30th December 2020 at 15:03..
Old 3rd January 2022, 13:52   #346
robbrooks
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT,160 remap: owner since new in December 2002: Mileage: June22 143,000

Thumbs up

Just tackled the drivers side and had great difficulty trying to get to the sunroof drain pipe. Those hand tight clips holding the lower panel took an age to get off.
Its back breaking too. The photos of the drain pipe are all taken from an upside down perspective! "The comment this Rover will be the death of me" rings bells with me. I can't understand for the life in me why Rover would use sun-roof drain pipes that joined inside the cabin. Why on earth join in the first instance? Surely Rover could have used continuous piping. I think it was all part of a plan so that water inside the cabin would mean that owners would buy another car instead of repairing. I believe Rover75's have been killed off by the majority of owners coming across this issue alone! Nobody wants a wet interior!!!

Last edited by robbrooks; 3rd January 2022 at 13:59..
robbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2022, 19:42   #347
daveo138
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

I've just discovered this thread, so I thought I'd better check my drains. Guess what?

Yes, you've guessed it. It looks like I've got water under the carpets.

I checked the NSF drain and the pipe from the sunroof was just touching the outlet hose. The white tape was visible inside the hose.

I fished it out and it felt sticky. I'm guessing that Rover used a double-sided tape to hopefully hold the two together!

I've ordered some connectors from Ebay. We're expecting rain tomorrow, so I thought I'd re-route the drain temporarily, into a container, using a spare hose from my dehumidifier.

Having now read some more of this thread, particularly in relation to the amount of water to expect, I'm now going to swap the container for a bucket.

It looks like I'm going to have to strip the interior out.
daveo138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2022, 06:05   #348
Scarbs
Loves to post

R75 CDT Connie SE HighLine Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveo138 View Post
I've just discovered this thread, so I thought I'd better check my drains. Guess what?

I checked the NSF drain and the pipe from the sunroof was just touching the outlet hose. The white tape was visible inside the hose.

I fished it out and it felt sticky. I'm guessing that Rover used a double-sided tape to hopefully hold the two together!

I've ordered some connectors from Ebay. We're expecting rain tomorrow, so I thought I'd re-route the drain temporarily, into a container, using a spare hose from my dehumidifier.

Having now read some more of this thread, particularly in relation to the amount of water to expect, I'm now going to swap the container for a bucket.

It looks like I'm going to have to strip the interior out.
Could always look at it positively. Once you have sorted the pipes and dried the interior, you know it will be good once again.

Tip: always park away from the majority of users in a car park!
Scarbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2022, 11:31   #349
Dashnine
Regular poster

MG ZT 260 #442 in XPower Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveo138 View Post

Were you just checking anyway, as I assume you'd get a lot of condensation on the windows if the (foam under the) carpets were wet?

I checked the rear two drains on mine yesterday (all OK), but the fronts look like a bit of a faff to get to! I don't have any condensation though and the carpets feel dry through the slots under the seats.
MG ZT 260 #442 in XPower Grey and Cupra Formentor Hybrid VZ2
Dashnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2022, 16:44   #350
daveo138
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashnine View Post
Were you just checking anyway, as I assume you'd get a lot of condensation on the windows if the (foam under the) carpets were wet?

I checked the rear two drains on mine yesterday (all OK), but the fronts look like a bit of a faff to get to! I don't have any condensation though and the carpets feel dry through the slots under the seats.
I've not had any condensation, but I've only owned it a couple of months. It may well suffer from condensation in the winter, as does my other half's Rover 25 (with sunroof). I wonder if they used a similar system on them?

I thought I'd check it, as my car seems to be suffering from every other common fault that I've read about on the forum.

I couldn't see how to lift the carpets to check, but I did insert a strip of card into the slots where the footwell mat retainers are fitted and it came out damp.

I haven't checked the rear drains yet, as it's a tourer, so that can wait until I'm fitting the towbar, so will have to remove the side covers in the boot.
daveo138 is offline   Reply With Quote