Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd May 2021, 11:14   #1
paulh260260
Still learning...

Gold 04 75 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Petrol, Silver 52 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Petrol, 04 BRG Connie 2.5 V6 Petrol

Default Identifying the correct fuse

Guys

A few days ago a passenger opened the passenger door just as I pipped the key fob, the result was the alarm went off, I had to turn the engine on to reset it.

I thought nothing more of this until I next tried to unlock the doors and the passenger door wouldn't unlock, nor does it unlock (or lock) from the central switch on the console, fortunately it still locks from the keyfob.

My initial thought are that the BCU has had a wobble so...

Having done a bit of research on here my next actions are

1 Disconnect battery for 30 mins - tried this but no difference

2. Reset the BCU by removing a fuse and this is where I've come unstuck, I've read about fuse 5 and also fuse 14 but according to the schematic on my fuse cover those fuses have no bearing on the BCU.

So looking at the attached schematic which fuse should I remove ( I'm guessing F1 but would like someone to agree with me!!!)

3. The final action will be to remove and replace the door locking solenoid but I want to eliminate everything before i do that.

Here's the hieroglyphics from the fuse cover

Cheers

Paul
paulh260260 is offline   Reply With Quote