Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st July 2021, 22:39   #1
frankgoldstar
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Conny Saloon

Default Free Rover ICE

Dear All, I offered the original TV/radio/CD etc equipment from my 75 connie for free around three years ago. Cutting long short, the owner who wanted to take them never made it, not helped by me moving to the outskirts of Blackpool. I failed to take the head unit out of the dash, but if any one knows how to remove the head and CD changer from the glove compartment, they are welcome to have them and the other units which used to be mounted in the boot. They are already in a box. I was told by the PO that the kit worked, but the wiring needed attention. I found a set of corroded contacts in the boot harness, but just left it all disconnected. As I generally do not use the radio etc., too much, I gave up after being baffled by all new kit available to replace the original stuff. If this original equipment is of use to any owner willing to collect it for free, please let me know. Best, Frank B
frankgoldstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2021, 06:58   #2
smudge.g
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDTi Connie SE

The CD changer is held in by 4 bolts that are accessed from underneath , if I remember correctly, then just a couple of cables to unplug. Amazing how much room is created once it's removed!!
My 75 Tourer CDTi was born Saturday, 21st June 2003 @ 09:50

My 75 was the 18,749th 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
It was the 195th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 2,074
and the 1,789th 75 Tourer in Wedgewood Blue Metallic (code: JEL) to be made out of 1,871 Wedgewood Blue Metallic 75 Tourers
smudge.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2021, 22:57   #3
frankgoldstar
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Conny Saloon

Default Thanks

Dear Smudge, the only pain is it is no good taking it out if nobody wants it. I have been falling over the TV radio etc., stuff from the boot for over two years now, and they and the other bits really need to find a good home. I could just dump them in the WEEE section of the local tip, but it seems such a waste when some savvy owners might want the standard equipment. I know it is not likely that many 75's will end up the same as my old bikes, where originality is paramount, but those taking the long view might at least save the standard parts I hope. Best wishes, Frank B
Old 23rd July 2021, 06:53   #4
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 auto

I could be interested, depending on what the equipment is, but I'm also a distance away in Cambs?

Stewart
StewartIngram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2021, 23:41   #5
frankgoldstar
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Conny Saloon

Default Sorry for the late reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartIngram View Post
I could be interested, depending on what the equipment is, but I'm also a distance away in Cambs?

Stewart
Dear Stewart, apologies for not replying sooner. I think you are a bit far away to take advantage, but just in case something could be worked out - The ICE is from a 54 plate CDTI connie SE. It has the head with the smaller TV screen in, the CD unit located in the glovebox, the TV unit from the boot and the radio unit from the boot. It has the woody steering wheel with the ICE controls on, so it was pretty much top of the range back then. On the minus side, I have never heard it working, but the Rover guys I bought the car from told me the wiring loom had corroded connectors, so that was why it did not work. They had disconnected the wiring due to the corroded connections, but the head unit and all the other units had powered up, but not worked. The wiring loom in the boot does indeed have corroded pins, so all that agreed with what I was told. Maybe you could find a 75 owning member near to me that I could pass the kit onto with a view to them getting it nearer you in the South. Near where I live in Marton on the outskirts of Blackpool, there are plenty of 75's, and even more of the 45 and 25 models. I have yet to meet a member, but covid has not helped in that. I hope this helps. Best, Frank B
Old 27th July 2021, 07:56   #6
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 auto

(Think I replied the wrong way - I'll try on here to make sure)

I wonder what the courier cost would be? I'm sure I could get it working, I've worked in electronics all my life! (And the neighbours call my garage/mancave "The Repair Shop"....it would be an interesting project for sure.
Stewart
StewartIngram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2021, 09:45   #7
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartIngram View Post
I'm sure I could get it working, I've worked in electronics all my life!
Hi Stewart,

The corroded contacts mentioned by Frank are most likely the result of water ingress into the spare wheel well where the radio and video modules reside. I have a spare faulty radio module if you need it for parts.

For couriers try https://www.Parcel2go.com
If the parcel isn't too large the InPost locker drop-off service is very competitively priced and efficient too.

Otherwise, a drive from Cambridgeshire to the outskirts of Blackpool on a sunny summer's day would be rather nice, don't you think?

Simon
Old 28th July 2021, 16:46   #8
Kearton
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T CDTi

Stewart,
you have a pm.
Kearton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2021, 20:31   #9
75 car girl
Avid contributor

75 tourer