Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The South West
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th March 2022, 18:45   #11
Sonic ZS
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn CDT Tourer, 75 Conn SE V6, 75 Conn V6, 75 Conn CDTi Tourer, ZS 180

Please add myself & Linda to the list Bob, hopefully in the TF if you've booked the sunshine ? 😊
Old 30th March 2022, 12:54   #12
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

The venue is roughly a 90 minute drive from Saltash. And we need to get in as early as possible. Over 100 cars are expected from various MG clubs.

Where are we meeting up?

Or are people going to make there own way there, if so don’t forget to tell the Marshals that you belong to the Cornish MG Owners Club.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2022, 15:57   #13
NewDoc
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Hi all
I hope these questions are answered cos we are travelling over 300 miles to enjoy the meet. If we could have the exact co-ordinates (what 3 words or the like) of the actual parking. Times would be very welcome. As a ember of the 75 & ZT club, do we still say we are members of the Cornish MG O/C?
Born: 2003-10-20 @14:58:12
NewDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2022, 17:18   #14
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewDoc View Post
Hi all
I hope these questions are answered cos we are travelling over 300 miles to enjoy the meet. If we could have the exact co-ordinates (what 3 words or the like) of the actual parking. Times would be very welcome. As a ember of the 75 & ZT club, do we still say we are members of the Cornish MG O/C?
I’m going down this Sunday to the Marshals briefing, and I’ll let you know all the information you require by Sunday evening.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
Old 4th April 2022, 07:30   #15
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

I attended the safety/marshal meet yesterday and all I can say is the site is in a stunning location.

Directions to Beachside in Phillack Hayle TR27 5AW.
If you are travelling Westward down the A30. When you reach Loggans Moors roundabout Take the 4th exit towards Hayle, B3301. Go past Lidi supermarket on your right, then go across the double mini roundabouts. Hayle recreation ground is on your right and take the right hand turn just after the recreation ground but before the Texaco garage.

Beware as the right hand turn is a YELLOW BOX junction. Turn into Lethlean Lane.
Carry on along the lane to the sharp left hand bend, the entrance to Beachside is immediately on your right. It is a single track with passing places and the lane is very bumpy. So tighten your bra straps and take out any dentures. There are marked, and unmarked, speed humps so no speeding please.

Marshals will guide you pass the Beachside clubhouse, the route is like a dogleg. The actual entrance to the field is through a very narrow entrance. We then drive across the back of the field towards the volleyball net which is our allocated parking area. Any ZR’s or TF’s in our group can either park with us or go down and park with the other smaller MG’s.

The only other cars allowed on the field is our Rover 75’s, any other makes will be diverted to a separate parking area. They may allow any other classic cars attending to park on the field.

PLEASE FOLLOW WHAT THE MARSHALS ASK YOU TO DO. Any problems then come and find me and I’ll try and sort out any issues. Remember we have been invited to attend so we need to be on our best behaviour.

There are NO porta loo’s on the field. Nearest toilets are in the clubhouse. There is a separate toilet block which is on your right before you drive past the clubhouse. There will only be the CMGOC shelter on site. And Hawkins Garages will have a few New cars on display, they have there own parking area.

Remember to bring suitable clothing as it does blow a bit on the cliff tops. The event will still be held even if it is raining. Beware of the surface on the field which is basically a sand dune with grass. We should be ok at the back as the grass is thicker there.
The site operates a one way system to the field and out again.

No gazebo’s, no portable bbq’s. The event is there to promote the restaurant, so really want you to eat in there but take sandwiches if you want. Don’t forget to take a chair to sit on. There are benches at the front of the field, edge of the cliff top. There is a path to the beach, which is to the right of the field between the two white bollards.

There will be holiday makers on site, after all it is a holiday park.

By all means make your own way to the event. But if you want to meet up to convoy down. Then the usual meeting point at Kernow Mill just off of the A38 at Treulefoot roundabout. We need to be there by 09.00 to leave by 09.15.
The event starts at 10.30.
THERE WILL BE MEMBERS FROM THE MGOC ON SITE FROM 09.00. If you get there before our convoy just tell the marshals that you are with the Rover 75/MG ZT Owners Club and that our parking area is by the volley ball net

(From Saltash it took me 90 minutes, 61 miles, to get there. I drove at a steady pace)

So hopefully I’ll see you all on Sunday. Till then stay safe..

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 5th April 2022 at 11:31.. Reason: Addition Information
Old 4th April 2022, 20:45   #16
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Great directions and a useful summary Bob. I decided to check out the venue last Saturday. SWMBO was reluctant as the weather looked ominous, but when she walked into the restaurant, all was forgiven (and I was able to breathe again lol). We had a lovely meal and the views from the new restaurant were easily worth the effort of getting there. One observation was several areas where anyone with low ground clearance will need to be careful. The beach is incredible. Fingers crossed for some decent weather.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2022, 15:48   #17
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Many thanks to those that managed to attend the meet. Sadly 5 cars had to drop out for health issues. Get well soon.
The meet was a success although one car did disgrace herself by dumping most of her coolant outside the club house, there is a huge stain to mark the spot.

Can you guess who the guilty party was?

I’ll post up some photo’s once I have thawed out.

onen hag oll
Old 10th April 2022, 18:30   #18
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

Glad we made the effort to attend our first ever MG event. The Sunday lunch was really nice in the restaurant (and a welcome break from the rather chilly wind ) At least it was dry and I felt a pretty good turnout considering. Met Bob and flying banana for the first time. A lot of beautifully maintained MG’s. Glad I re-polished our ZTT so she wasn’t letting the side down (viewed at a distance lol).
A few pics we took.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 10th April 2022, 18:33   #19
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

And a few more pics😊

Old 10th April 2022, 18:41   #20
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

I know I missed a lot. Some had already left (to go and thaw out!) I’m sure Bob will post more shortly. Nice for things to feel a little bit more normal. Roll on to warmer days.