Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th April 2022, 19:22   #21
BillyMG
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.5 V6 Auto Tourer (Elizabeth) / MG ZT CDTI (Farage)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Just been to two petrol stations in Gainsborough, Lincolnshire and both had fuel. 6p a litre difference for diesel.

macafee2
How much a litre? Diesel cost me £1.72 today and £99 to fill my tank from low fuel light on!
BillyMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2022, 19:58   #22
Bazzateer

All these armchair experts do amuse me. Spouting on about things they know little or nothing about.
Without continuing to use fossil fuels, at least in the short to medium term, we won't be in a position to fully research, develop and deliver sustainable alternatives.
Anarchy, chaos and economic meltdown would be the outcome making what the poor Ukranians are experiencing seem like childsplay. We currently have occasional poor supplies of diesel which is causing concern, just imagine if there was none, ever. Bear in mind that if we stopped fossil fuels the likes of Russia, China, North Korea, Venezuela, India and so on would carry on and Putin would certainly invade the rest of Europe and with no fossil fuels to power our defences we'd be finished.

Also bear in mind that most of the organisers of these groups are either self proclaimed or closet Marxists and then it all starts to make sense.
Old 11th April 2022, 01:20   #23
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Arrest each one of them in court the next day slap a £5,000 fine on each one plus court costs, and donate it to the foodbanks.

Then they would really be doing something good.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2022, 13:32   #24
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
The only ‘rights’ they have are to ‘protest’, full stop. They do not have the right to cause disruption, or trespass onto property, which includes vehicles. They also do not have the right to obstruct in anyway, anything, be it vehicles or people. The police are a waste of time. I do not know why we pay them.
Remember, if reports are correct, they'll be working from home!

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2022, 03:44   #25
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

All the pumps across Kenya have run dry. Road haulage, buses and coaches have stopped running. We managed to fill up the 4x4 last week, then we heard how a tanker delivered 100 million litres of fossil fuel into the port of Mombasa last Thursday. I am wondering where has it gone and why are the petrol stations still closed. Despite the fuel shortages the KE government said there is plenty of it in storage, more oil tankers will be delivering millions this week and people should not panic buy. Back street traders have been selling fuel to desperate motorists at three times the normal price and selling steel 20L Jerry cans for £70 (10,500 KES) each, what a racket.

In local news, a CEO has been caught hoarding oil….

“The Kenyan government has deported Rubis Energy Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Jean-Christian Bergeron back to his home country of France.

Bergeron was deported on the grounds of national security and economic sabotage after he was mentioned to have been involved in alleged fuel hoarding that has resulted in a national fuel shortage crisis.

The deportation order was signed by Interior Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang'i and takes effect immediately.

Earlier on, the Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA) vowed firm action against any oil marketers who will be found hoarding oil.”

When is it going to end?

The KE government is meeting suppliers and retailers today to set the price of the subsidised fuel and to agree to compensate the retailers with any loss they incurred from the price of subsidised petrol/diesel.

Hopefully there will be some good news for motorists.

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 14th April 2022 at 06:08..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2022, 14:16   #26
Bazzateer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
All the pumps across Kenya have run dry. Road haulage, buses and coaches have stopped running. We managed to fill up the 4x4 last week, then we heard how a tanker delivered 100 million litres of fossil fuel into the port of Mombasa last Thursday. I am wondering where has it gone and why are the petrol stations still closed. Despite the fuel shortages the KE government said there is plenty of it in storage, more oil tankers will be delivering millions this week and people should not panic buy. Back street traders have been selling fuel to desperate motorists at three times the normal price and selling steel 20L Jerry cans for £70 (10,500 KES) each, what a racket.

In local news, a CEO has been caught hoarding oil….

“The Kenyan government has deported Rubis Energy Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Jean-Christian Bergeron back to his home country of France.

Bergeron was deported on the grounds of national security and economic sabotage after he was mentioned to have been involved in alleged fuel hoarding that has resulted in a national fuel shortage crisis.

The deportation order was signed by Interior Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang'i and takes effect immediately.

Earlier on, the Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA) vowed firm action against any oil marketers who will be found hoarding oil.”

When is it going to end?

The KE government is meeting suppliers and retailers today to set the price of the subsidised fuel and to agree to compensate the retailers with any loss they incurred from the price of subsidised petrol/diesel.

Hopefully there will be some good news for motorists.
Went to Nairobi on 3 occasions in 2013, 2014 1nd 2015. Great place, great people (stayed at the Fairview each time).
Old 14th April 2022, 14:39   #27
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
The only ‘rights’ they have are to ‘protest’, full stop. They do not have the right to cause disruption, or trespass onto property, which includes vehicles. They also do not have the right to obstruct in anyway, anything, be it vehicles or people. The police are a waste of time. I do not know why we pay them.

The old bill need to use the same force on this protest as they did on the miners during the strike.
Old 14th April 2022, 17:02   #28
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
The old bill need to use the same force on this protest as they did on the miners during the strike.
The 'boys in blue' at the sharp end didn't have university degrees then! To-day's lot are just as likely to post a smiley on the protesters offerings on web sites.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2022, 17:16   #29
v-man
I really should get out more.......

Ford Fezza Poverty Spec & ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Well no doubt if they did there would be cries of maltreatment and abuse of human rights, blah blah.

Report potholes, flytipping, broken streetlights - www.fixmystreet.com

Find cheaper diesel/petrol - www.petrolprices.com
2001 Rover 45 1.8 Impression S owned for 15 years, now scrapped.
v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2022, 10:51   #30
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
Well no doubt if they did there would be cries of maltreatment and abuse of human rights, blah blah.
An multi million pound claims for compensation !
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote