Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 8th May 2022, 16:10   #11
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Torqued new NKG iridium platinum plugs in at 14ft/lbs with no anti-seize. Then ready for the MSD coils which had been in a drawer for the last five years lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2022, 16:20   #12
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

Then ran into an unexpected glitch! Some of the connectors didn’t fit. Closer inspection showed there were different female connectors on the MSD’s. Found I had to re-juggle the MSD’s so the simple two pin types went to a loom male with an orange seal. Loom males with a green seal would only fit the type with the internal plastic rib.

Old 8th May 2022, 16:26   #13
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

All the OME coils had one type of simple two pin connector. Clearly the loom on the engine was designed with two different coil connectors. (Actually the loom connectors are the females and the coil connectors are shrouded males).

Old 8th May 2022, 16:55   #14
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

Glad to say she fired up first time. My engine light has re-appeared though. Still have some hesitation on pressing on the go pedal. Found an unconnected sensor on the driver side rocker box vacuum take off and wondered if this matters? Wish I was near to a T4!

Old 17th May 2022, 14:08   #15
DeeJ
Avid contributor

Rover 75 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmk View Post
Glad to say she fired up first time. My engine light has re-appeared though. Still have some hesitation on pressing on the go pedal. Found an unconnected sensor on the driver side rocker box vacuum take off and wondered if this matters? ....
It's not a sensor. It is the connection to the heater element in the PCV valve. The PCV's on cars before VIN #050 were unheated, but yours being much later should be. A blue connector attaches to a feed loom element going forward to a black connector on top of the front of the rocker cover, just in front of the oil filler cap. Effectively only 2 wires in it, a power feed and ground lead. Yours looks like it has no connector at all plugged in that forward connector either, logical, since that bit of the loom has gone AWOL apparently. Should not cause any problem, since you don't live north of the Arctic Circle, and not expected to ice-up the PCV, even in a British summer. Will not affect running at all and will not cause any error codes. I don't think even a T4 would notice it wasn't plugged in... but not original.

David

Last edited by DeeJ; 17th May 2022 at 14:21..
DeeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2022, 15:20   #16
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeJ View Post
It's not a sensor. It is the connection to the heater element in the PCV valve. The PCV's on cars before VIN #050 were unheated, but yours being much later should be. A blue connector attaches to a feed loom element going forward to a black connector on top of the front of the rocker cover, just in front of the oil filler cap. Effectively only 2 wires in it, a power feed and ground lead. Yours looks like it has no connector at all plugged in that forward connector either, logical, since that bit of the loom has gone AWOL apparently. Should not cause any problem, since you don't live north of the Arctic Circle, and not expected to ice-up the PCV, even in a British summer. Will not affect running at all and will not cause any error codes. I don't think even a T4 would notice it wasn't plugged in... but not original.

David
Thanks again for that info. I have to confess the hesitation on acceleration disappeared when I remembered to re- connect the MAF sensor. Already posted on the ‘Wally’ thread
Old 17th May 2022, 16:02   #17
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmk View Post
Wish I was near to a T4!
Not guaranteed to do you any good. Mine does not like a T4 poking around in its private bits. Been on Brian and Russ' T4s and both times there was a performance to get it to speak to the T4. Brian almost resorted to the Basil Fawlty "hit it with a tree branch" solution

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2022, 19:34   #18
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Not guaranteed to do you any good. Mine does not like a T4 poking around in its private bits. Been on Brian and Russ' T4s and both times there was a performance to get it to speak to the T4. Brian almost resorted to the Basil Fawlty "hit it with a tree branch" solution

Hilarious series. I remember the scene well. Don’t feel so deprived now about T4 either 😂