Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th June 2022, 07:47   #11
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by polinsteve View Post
Strange that it is not registered with the plate on it. I would certainly give this a miss, regardless of it being advertised as being re-registered before sale. I have an aversion to such discrepancies.
My suspicion is, and I've no evidence to back this up. that he flips cars on his drive and saw an opportunity to double his investment, I know as fact he paid £800 to my colleague at work for it, he then joined the North West MG & Rover Owners Group on facebook with a story of how he loved the car and was just what he'd been looking for, within three weeks he'd re-registered it and put it up for sale on the group with an asking price of £1800 and no mention of the history of accident damage.
I had a conversation with the group admin, voicing my concerns that I suspected he was attempting to conceal the history of the vehicle and potentially mislead a prospective buyer (again, with no evidence, but I found it suspicious) and the admin challenged him about the history regarding the previous damage, he was asked to correct the advert, giving the true history of the car, he then blocked the admin (never a good move!) and left the group, minutes later the advert re-appeared on Facebook Marketplace.
I've no axe to grind with the current owner, it's his car and good luck with getting the most for the car as he can, what does annoy me is that some unsuspecting and possibly naive person could pay a lot of hard earned cash for a vehicle with a 'hidden' history.
Steve

Born 22nd February 2005, 221st of 239 Starlight Silver 75 Contemporary SE 2.5 V6 automatic saloons built
stevenkeyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2022, 08:18   #12
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Unfortunately mis-selling goes on all the time, hiding important details that shouldn't be hidden. Just wish we could have an open and honest society, right across the board. Too many people being economical with the truth when seeing the chance of a quick profit.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2022, 08:33   #13
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
cant get the mot history up with registration number

macafee2
It would appear that the vehicle now has it's original number back, I've just done an on-line check for NG04UNN and MOT history is now showing,

Steve

Born 22nd February 2005, 221st of 239 Starlight Silver 75 Contemporary SE 2.5 V6 automatic saloons built
Old 13th June 2022, 12:46   #14
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

I see the car eventually sold for £1706, I just hope the new owner is fully aware of the history of the car!

Steve