Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th February 2022, 19:24   #131
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

The end of the world is nigh. Global warming. Or in other words, let’s make ourselves richer, said the rich man to his wife. We could all buy EVs and it would make no difference at all to global warming. Perhaps if America India and China were to go down the EV path, and cut their emissions, it might make a slight difference to global warning. And I agree, it is going to affect all the people in the street. And who do you think will be affected most of all? Global warning is here to stay, it’s been around since time began. Please read your history books gents, and quite honestly, it soon won’t make any difference to me, because I will not be around to see if all this money grubbing serves the purpose it is supposed to. A reduction in global warning. I will carry on taking the pills.
Old 12th February 2022, 19:34   #132
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Blimey! Hot off the press. Another one bites the dust "Volvo Cars has shoved its carbon-emitting engine business off its books by moving all of its internal-combustion powertrains to a new joint-venture company called Aurobay.
A creation of Volvo and its Zhejiang Geely Holding Group parent, the Aurobay joint venture means there are no more combustion engines within the Volvo Cars Group, with the carmaker keeping only its electric powertrains on its balance sheet." https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaeltay ... c672683b48

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2022, 19:35   #133
bl52krz
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
It's a hard one to call for the length of time to the tipping point between ICE cars & BEV's but the powers that be want to speed up that equation. The ETS (emission trading system) i'e. carbon pricing is at record levels & if it was linked to the road transport & buildings ETS it would put 80p/gallon on petrol & diesel right now. The SMMT said new car registrations for January 2022 were 1 in 3 new car registrations were electrified & set to grow exponentially this year.

The UK has it's own ETS since the 'B' word but is still intertwined with the EU ETS standards & underpins all these emission standards. In fact the UK's ETS is more strict than the EU's

The 'Fit for 55' policy (have a look up on that it doesn't make for good reading) has gone back to the drawing board to be amended regards the road transport & buildings ETS from 2026.
It just depends on how much you're willing to pay for a gallon of petrol or diesel in the coming years. I've been reading/following this stuff since 2015 as the disruption is going to be huge.

"As part of its Fit for 55 proposals, the European Commission has proposed including the road transport and buildings sectors into the bloc’s carbon market from 2026 (known as the Emissions Trading System “ETS2”). Fuel suppliers like Total and Shell would need to buy pollution permits for each litre of fuel they put on the market. As the market is currently designed, they could then pass this cost on entirely to end-consumers. This could disproportionately impact poorer citizens driving their cars or heating their homes."

"Carbon pricing for road transport and buildings is necessary to ensure the EU meets its 2030 climate targets, as it will reduce the demand for fossil fuels and private cars[1]. But the burden shouldn’t only fall upon the consumer." https://www.transportenvironment.org...nalysis-shows/
If you read your post, you will see that you agree in most part with me. Global warming scam for the rich to make more money. A bit like more Billionaires were made during the Covid epidemic, than in the previous two years. Can you now see what I am trying to say?
Old 12th February 2022, 22:44   #134
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Until they ban air travel that uses Hydro carbon fuels, ships that burn vast quantities of fuel unfiltered and the major poluters on this planet like China, India and North America nothing is going to change. Even if we all switched to EV's tomorrow in Europe all the other poluters will more than cancel out the benefit and we will just be poorer for trying.

Hopefully I wont be here to see the consequnce of this but unless all 9 Billion of us do the same thing it is like taking a bucket of water out of the sea and saying that will stop all the floods around the world.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2022, 10:53   #135
ziggy72
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar S-Type R Audi A5 Sportback

The planet has been going into ice ages then warming up in cycles for thousands and millions of years long before humans came along with aeroplanes, ships, cars and industry. When the majority of these ground to a halt globally for months during the first covid pandemic it didn't make a jot of difference whatsoever even though one scientist claimed we wouldn't feel the effects of the reductions for another couple of hundred years!
I'm all for cleaner air but this global warming thing being caused by ourselves and not a natural earth weather cycle is a nonsense.
Old 14th June 2022, 16:35   #136
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

The government have announced today that the PICG (plug in car grant) has been withdrawn forthwith & the grant going to the diesel delivery van owners to transition to BEV vans to ween them off diesel https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/lat...-by-government

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2022, 17:41   #137
bl52krz
This is my second home

Wasting a bit more of our money again. I believe that in the future, perhaps 100 years time, people will know what a load of t#@s%&@s my and the younger generation were. Sheep come to mind.
Old 14th June 2022, 20:11   #138
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy72 View Post
The planet has been going into ice ages then warming up in cycles for thousands and millions of years long before humans came along with aeroplanes, ships, cars and industry. When the majority of these ground to a halt globally for months during the first covid pandemic it didn't make a jot of difference whatsoever even though one scientist claimed we wouldn't feel the effects of the reductions for another couple of hundred years!
I'm all for cleaner air but this global warming thing being caused by ourselves and not a natural earth weather cycle is a nonsense.
Good post. I would prefer to have the brand 'climate change' dropped and replaced with 'pollution reduction' which would make more sense.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2022, 21:20   #139
SCP440

MG ZT-T 260

At the weekend there was an EV parked in the layby opposite my house. He had been to the couple of local charging points and both were faulty, he had tried the local supermarkets but none of them have EV charging points.

There were no others showing on his panel but he asked if I knew of any that might have been newly installed.

He had run out of Electricty, I said he could plug into my house if that helped but he said it would take to long.

An hour or so later an RAC van arrived and he was towed away I presume to a functiong charging point.

If this is the future god help us, its bad enough running out of petrol but a small container of the very valuable juice can be poored in and you are on your way.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2022, 23:23   #140
Bogbrush82

BMW X3 2.0D

I'm just waiting for the day I see a line of broken down EV's while I slowly drive past them in a fully functional petrol.

Oh how I'll laugh.