Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th June 2022, 16:32   #41
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
We do have a lot of space that's not in productive use, the reasons being one large area is a country park with listed buildings and the other is a massive nature reserve and SSI with national status.
The flip side would be to offer Wigan council money to take the weapons and they'd put them on display in the council meeting chambers! They are a labour council that waste money on a gigantic scale and can never find enough to waste.

I thought you treacherous lot had all defected over to the Tories!
Old 15th June 2022, 18:47   #42
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
Im afraid the arguments could become quite devisive. BoJo will be faced by the sort of arguments he and his brexiteers used to further Brexit, such as 'take back control'. This time BoJo is on the other side of the argument as it were, he'll be saying No, No, No. It won't work.

For this to begin when Brexit is still and open wound, will be hard for all to take. Im not looking forward to it.

That makes two of us. The danger is both sides could draw their red lines and end up with the worst possible outcome. Then of course blame each other for any ongoing problems. Sounds familiar I think.

Well done for starting this thread, very brave of you. Hope it stays the course as I am very interested in this issue. Have always had a strong love for anything Scottish. Well apart from whisky, and worry what the future holds for both countries, as well as my Scottish friends and family. Neither can afford to repeat the mistakes of brexit.
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2022, 19:11   #43
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg Warner View Post
Neither can afford to repeat the mistakes of brexit.
That is the key thing.As I said previously,y heart says we should be our own country. My head though is undecided.
Whatever happens, it's up to the SNP government to put forward a plan that answers questions on currency, economy and Europe. If there is no route map, no clear indication of what will happen, what is guaranteed and so on then in good conscience I couldn't vote yes. Brexit was and is a mess, none of us can afford the same disaster again.
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2022, 20:59   #44
Mick Brownhill
Regional Secretary, Yorkshire & North Lincolnshire

75 Saloon

Default Scottish Independence

I am not an advocate of breaking the union. However, should agreement be reached and Scotland becomes independent, I have issues. Will the divorce mean the UK will have to pay any amount to Scotland or will Scotland have to pay for the divorce? Where will the border be and as Scotland want membership of EU, will this be a hard border? Nuclear deterrent? Naval bases? Other service forces bases? Air space? Exchange rates because sterling will not be in use?
So many questions.
Mick Brownhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2022, 21:47   #45
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Not overly bothered either way, if they vote independence then fine, maybe take some of the born and bred Scots, (born and bred in Corby), back to the motherland? Stop sending the the now ruined Irn-Bru over the border too!
I’ve never quite got how it’s a United Kingdom, when they have their own parliament, different NHS rules etc anyway. But I don’t claim to understand politics etc.

The biggest question, the one really important question, if Scotland goes its own way, what will the new union flag look like. Will they simply remove the blue and keep the white background with the Red Cross diagonally/vertically/horizontally? Or could we lose 1 of the diagonals in the top corner and pop in a welsh dragon or something...
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2022, 09:25   #46
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Sssshhh. You'll awaken those who would just love to see an EU quadrant on it. Or indeed a Rampant turkey.
Old 16th June 2022, 09:47   #47
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

[QUOTE=bikerdude666;2935781
I’ve never quite got how it’s a United Kingdom, when they have their own parliament, different NHS rules etc anyway. But I don’t claim to understand politics..[/QUOTE]

That is because certain aspects of government has been devolved to them to manage whilst others such as defence, foreign policy remains with U.K. government. Similar to local councils who have devolved powers from the Governement such as road maintenance.
another_clean_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2022, 09:53   #48
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdude666 View Post
Not overly bothered either way, if they vote independence then fine, maybe take some of the born and bred Scots, (born and bred in Corby), back to the motherland? Stop sending the the now ruined Irn-Bru over the border too!

I’ve never quite got how it’s a United Kingdom, when they have their own parliament, different NHS rules etc anyway. But I don’t claim to understand politics etc.

The biggest question, the one really important question, if Scotland goes its own way, what will the new union flag look like. Will they simply remove the blue and keep the white background with the Red Cross diagonally/vertically/horizontally? Or could we lose 1 of the diagonals in the top corner and pop in a welsh dragon or something...
The diagonal red is already fading
At the rate things are going it will be st George's cross with a dragon added somewhere.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2022, 15:10   #49
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

How does the vote go? is it a majority of those who voted, or a majority of those who can vote? I think last time it only about 50% voted leaving a lot of what? dont knows, couldnt care less,etc. I feel that voting on any issue should be compulsory only then can it be anything like representative. Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2022, 20:10   #50
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

As UK has just as much interest in the outcome of any such referendum, there is good reason to enable the rest of UK to take part in any Scottish referendum. After all, Scotland was enabled in the EU Leave vote. Seems equitable to me.

Given there is no small amount of antipathy towards Ms Sturgeon, and only she, the outcome could be Scotland-Stay and The Rest of UK -Leave. Of course that would lead to huge unrest. I can hear it now: Miscount!, Miscount!