Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th July 2022, 18:59   #1
Elwood2011

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Advice please…..

Good evening

Having been a fan of the 75 for many a year I am looking at taking the plunge and buying a TDCi model as a second car that I can learn to maintain and run.

I have researched a few cars for sale in my potential price bracket, looking at their MOT histories, I prefer the pre-facelift model so am at the older end of the range.

A consistent advisory I am noticing is corroded rear suspension arms and subframes. Can you advise if these are jobs that can be tackled by novice owners and whether the parts are readily available? If they need to be done at a garage, an estimate of the cost would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Elwood2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2022, 20:00   #2
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Yes the sub frame and arms can be done by the novice. DMRS do the ars and seem to be the best place to but quality arms.
A lot of fun has been pointed at the Haynes manauals but for our diesels they are good to have and follow.

I think a pair of arms is about £190 but look at the DMRS web site.
I dont recall seeing anyone post a sub frame picture that was very rotten but as they do rust you may be able to get yours shot blasted, painted and refitted if you cannot get a new one

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2022, 00:53   #3
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts
Default Rear subframe

Hi Ben.
You can get the full set up sometimes, i recently changed mine over because of the arms rusting out, which i only found out after i decided to remove the wheels and found a broken rear spring.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...ostcount=13772

It's a job for two people i would say even though i managed on my own.

I got mine from David Bourne, picked up this lovely rear subframe with lower and upper arms, original drop links, it is like brand new.

I needed to change out my upper arms and was going to buy some new ones from DMGRS, but saw this last night contacted David now it's mine really pleased.

I can now exchanged the subframe all in one go, he does have a few more if anyone is interested.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125375949...4353%7Ciid%3A1

They are from Spain so that is the reason why they are like new, just goes to show how good weather can help our cars.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2022, 15:23   #4
Elwood2011

Rover 75 Saloon

Many thanks for taking the time to reply, I am a novice but eager to learn and sometimes these jobs sound worse than they are. I will no doubt be posting again for help if I decide to buy a car!
Elwood2011 is offline   Reply With Quote