Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th July 2022, 15:40   #31
jeremy
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Yes me too! The first thing I did after reading Arctic's how to was look in the box but the cupboard was bare. I'll get on to DMGRS! Thanks Jeremy
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2022, 11:00   #32
jeremy
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Hello again Arctic and thanks for your helpful advice! I am waiting for the new o rings and hope to make a start soon as we have some reasonable weather on the way. Just one more short question. Your bolts and fastenings appear to have come out reasonably easily. Is there much danger that any may have rusted in place and that I will need replacements or that they willl shear and I'll be stuck with an immoveable car in the driveway? Thanks Jeremy
Old 4th August 2022, 17:20   #33
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
Hello again Arctic and thanks for your helpful advice! I am waiting for the new o rings and hope to make a start soon as we have some reasonable weather on the way. Just one more short question. Your bolts and fastenings appear to have come out reasonably easily. Is there much danger that any may have rusted in place and that I will need replacements or that they willl shear and I'll be stuck with an immoveable car in the driveway? Thanks Jeremy
Hi Jeremy.
Well that is the million dollar questions, i have to say there is always a chance, but bets way is to use good six sided tools, and turn very slowly to crack them you should be ok good luck.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2022, 15:13   #34
jeremy
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanks very much Arctic! After several weeks the O rings I ordered arrived and on Tuesday of this week I bit the bullet and followed your invaluable 'how-to'!

It was pretty straightforward and the good weather helped enormously. It took a long time for various reasons (my lack of facility being a big one) but I was very pleased to finish on Wednesday after two full days! There were some difficult bits, especially the rusted nut and bolt that trapped the coolant expansion tank, the wrongly placed bolt to bracket holes on the new condenser, and the need to remake the holes and fixings along the bottom which the under tray scrivets and lining screws go into. And replacing the bumper itself I always find a challenge.

On Monday I'm getting the system re-gassed but I'm pleased that I will have saved quite a bit by replacing the condenser myself and again many thanks. Jeremy