Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th August 2022, 07:42   #1
postbasher
Avid contributor

Rover Connoisseur cdt se auto

Default receipts for parts supplied by garage

Hey all, wondered what members thoughts were on this...a garage supplying new parts but not showing any kind of recipt/proof of purchase....ofcourse its understood that some things like oil will be in bulk but those things that are not...do you ask to see a receipt?
postbasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2022, 08:21   #2
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

No but I would expect the parts to be listed on the receipt I was given. Their receipt may show the discount they are given and if the customer see the receipt they may want that discount.

Do you have a concern you are being charged for parts that have not been fitted?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2022, 10:44   #3
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

A list of parts fitted and what they charge you yes, but to see the parts and receipt prices they paid, absolutely not.

They will have likely bought at trade price, made a few quid on parts sale to cover the invisible time costs. Perfectly normal.

That one bolt that took 3 hours on a brake caliper but they can't charge you for, customer needs the car done ASAP and doesn't care what it costs, customer supplied wrong parts and we had to drive to collect them, that kinda stuff and that's day in day out in the industry.

Unless you paided them cash, to get it done cheaper then I can't see the issue.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2022, 15:01   #4
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by postbasher View Post
Hey all, wondered what members thoughts were on this...a garage supplying new parts but not showing any kind of recipt/proof of purchase....ofcourse its understood that some things like oil will be in bulk but those things that are not...do you ask to see a receipt?

Absolutely not. The garage is supplying part to you and should provide a receipt listing those parts. How they obtain those parts is their business.

If you feel that you need to see proof of the garage having purchased the parts and any associated information, you should be looking for a new garage for your needs.
Old 8th August 2022, 07:52   #5
Andy_with_a_screwdriver
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
No but I would expect the parts to be listed on the receipt I was given. Their receipt may show the discount they are given and if the customer see the receipt they may want that discount.

Do you have a concern you are being charged for parts that have not been fitted?

macafee2
What business would provide such a receipt? Sainsbury's Tesco and co don't tell what they paid for milk, apples etc. Nor what their profit margin is.
Andy_with_a_screwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2022, 08:11   #6
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_with_a_screwdriver View Post
What business would provide such a receipt? Sainsbury's Tesco and co don't tell what they paid for milk, apples etc. Nor what their profit margin is.
You misunderstand, the receipt I refer to, is from the garage to the customer showing what parts were fitted and how much each part is costing the customer. It is not a receipt between the garage and their supplier.

macafee2
Old 8th August 2022, 12:46   #7
Andy_with_a_screwdriver
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Quote:
You misunderstand, the receipt I refer to, is from the garage to the customer showing what parts were fitted and how much each part is costing the customer. It is not a receipt between the garage and their supplier.

macafee2
Sorry, In that case yes. I'd expect a list of parts fitted and work done. That's what my local garage does.
Andy_with_a_screwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2022, 12:58   #8
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:

macafee2
Re #2. So what discount are you talking about if it is not between the part supplier and the garage.
another_clean_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2022, 13:20   #9
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

My garage list the parts used and the price. If I want to check what I would pay and I do, I simply look at either the manufacturer's Web site and or a car part supplier's web site.

The garage prices are cheaper, so savings are passed on.
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2022, 14:10   #10
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_clean_sheet View Post
Re #2. So what discount are you talking about if it is not between the part supplier and the garage.
First you need to look at the first post, the question at the end and the first word of my reply. Dont miss that I refer to "Their" receipt as in the one between the garage and their supplier. It is this receipt as you say and I mean that may show what discount the garage got and it is not for the customer to see.
The receipt I expect the customer to get, lists the items used and the price that the customer is being charged.

macafee2