Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th August 2022, 20:49   #811
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Banana has not moved for three days due to the extreme heat.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2022, 07:57   #812
FrattonEnder
Avid contributor

MG ZT

***Just realised I posted this in the wrong thread! The heat's got to me!***

Drop links! Finally got the fronts done and no more knocking. I reckon ambient temperature of 35C yesterday helped the removal of the old ones - certainly didn't help me!
I didn't resort to cutting the old ones out. Cracked out the top nut by rotating on the flat and managed to get an unground 17mm open end on just enough of the nut and simply spun the flat round. Thanks Lidl, your spanner set saved me a load of hassle.
New links have had their tops trimmed so getting a 17mm ring on is a breeze. Hopefully won't need touching for 4 years, otherwise DMGRS will be getting a call.

Last edited by FrattonEnder; 15th August 2022 at 11:15.. Reason: Being a dumbass
FrattonEnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2022, 22:43   #813
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Well I didn't replace the OSR spring. Car felt jittery on the way back home and I could feel every pot hole. Thought it might be a spring snapped and when I got out and looked at the OSR that corner had sunk down. Had a spot of dinner and came out to investigate further a couple of hours later and the car was back up to normal height. Jacked the rear end and the springs were fine so disconnected the shock absorber and it compressed fine but no rebound. Had to crowbar it back out! All sorted with a new shock absorber.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2022, 00:12   #814
Clickernick
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer Triumph Street Triple R

After putting up with a cranky drivers window mechanism for the last 18 months after the freezing weather of Winter 20/21, i finally got around to obtaining a replacement mech and pulled apart the door to fit it. I kept putting it off cos i hate pulling doors apart, but you know what?? It was a breeze to do.
Most annoying bit was removing the sound deadening foam liner from the door as the black gungy stuff that holds it in place is a pig to work with. The warm weather did not help.
All reassembled in quick time and Now i have a very nice, smooth operating drivers window once again.

Fitted a new secondary drivers door seal at the same time which was long overdue!

Happy motoring!!

Real walnut interior. Original refurbished Forked Spokes 16” with Michelin Primacy 4 rubber, Pioneer AVH-Z9200DAB double din Wi Fi phone integration. Retrofitted twin front horns. 160 re-map. Revotec fan. Silicone intercooler hoses and ‘O ring’ replacement. Top hose thermostat. New walnut and smokestone steering wheel with cruise upgrade. Brembo Brakes. Ceramic coated rear Exhaust. L/engine mount, Hydramount, Bosch MAF. Focal Access Drivers and Focal Amp.
Clickernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2022, 13:17   #815
FrattonEnder
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Didn't do much with the Zed today, apart from book her in for a new clutch & slave cylinder, seeing as it let go on the way to work this morning. Nice puddle underneath the 'box - all verified by a very nice man from the AA.
Old 19th August 2022, 21:38   #816
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Banana has not moved for three days due to the extreme heat.
Which crater do you want to park at Bob? I will see if I can book you a space.
Old 21st August 2022, 22:43   #817
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Added more miles to the Challenger.

Seems to have stabled out now at around 27.5mpg, which is 2.5 more than what the official figures suggest.

I'll take it. )
Old 31st August 2022, 23:48   #818
Tenesmus
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

I didn't take the headlining out to get it replaced. I didn't get the aircon looked it, nor the weird noise on tickover. I didn't get the IPK delined, the tailgate switch fixed nor the panel under the number plate properly affixed.

I didn't get the rusting sill looked at, the scraped arch and I haven't booked it in for the front bumper respray.

I also haven't fixed the rainwater leak, and I haven't replaced the bonnet badge with the new one I bought about 2 years ago.

And I haven't had the wheels refurbed.

I did drive to work and back though and the car park barriers were up so it was free of charge.
2005 Connoisseur 2.5 auto SE Tourer in BRG with Sandstone Beige and Black piping interior (the 2nd of only 7 Rover 75s produced 5th November 2004, and it’s the 244th of 303 facelift British Racing Green 75 tourers built worldwide). All I've done is add Rover walnut gear knob and handbrake...

2016 Vauxhall Viva SL (Father Jack) "assisted manual" (auto) in purple. Going rusty underneath already...

Tenesmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2022, 10:29   #819
Bogbrush82

BMW X3 2.0D

Fitted a proper spare wheel cover to "Challenger"

Old 6th December 2022, 13:47   #820
Bogbrush82

BMW X3 2.0D

Car is still bl**dy broke!

No response from the engine when pushing the accelerator pedal until engine warms up fully. Garage thinks it may be the throttle body. Only problem is the only brand new TB's I could find are in America!