Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th December 2012, 19:21   #1
frankgoldstar
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Conny Saloon

Default Diesel tank "remote arm"

I have replaced the in tank fuel pump on my 52 diesel saloon.

It was a bit of a struggle (or insert your favorite masterly British understatement here) and the square plastic thingy, which I believe is called the "remote arm" is now floating free in the tank.

Despite trying to find out how it fits into the tank, a process hampered by the fact that it is difficult to see when your hand is in the tank holding the "arm"

Despite searching the site forums and reading a few posts, none of them give me enough information to work out how it all fits.

There is a moulded feature on the bottom of the tank that looks like the squarish plastic box could slot into it, and there is also quite a large bent wire piece that could be part of retaining it.

But despite trying to turn the "arm" into a place where it could potentially slide into the feature on the tank bottom, I cannot get it to go anywhere sensible, mainly due to whatever else is attached to the square thing.

Any help or suggestions most welcome, and a photo or illustration would be a real bonus.

Best regards, Frank
frankgoldstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2012, 21:41   #2
bubs
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75

it sounds like the bit you are talking about is the floating sensor/ fuel level indicator for the fuel gauge? is the small black box attached to the wire arm connected to the filter housing?

picture of complete fuel pump unit showing level indicator arm

Last edited by bubs; 29th December 2012 at 21:49..
bubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2012, 03:44   #3
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

i Have not taken a diesel pump out but i am presuming that the petrol is simular ? if not ignore me do these pics help i have more Arctic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC14337.jpg (120.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg SDC14338.jpg (114.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg SDC14348.jpg (133.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg SDC14352.jpg (137.1 KB, 19 views)

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2012, 15:52   #4
frankgoldstar
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Conny Saloon

Default Diesel tank "arm" sorted - Help from Big Russ is the key

Dear all, having worked out that the "square collar" mentioned in another post needed to fit into features on the bottom of the tank, I was still struggling to get the whole assembly to fit.

As I was stumped, I gave the ever wonderful Big Russ a quick call, and as usual, he provided the answer.

The reason I was having trouble was that the "collar" fits snugly into a feature of two slots in the bottom of the tank right under the pump fitting hole, but in actual fact, the correct pair of slots is located at the rear of the tank.

Big Russ told me to fit the collar on the arm into the rear set of slots and fiddle with the bent wire on the assembly until it held the arm assembly in the slots.

That was the key as the rear pair of slots is not really visible from the tank access hole.

I had to move the assembly around until it would locate in the slots, but with a bit of work, it went in.

So big thanks to Big Russ, ever generous with his time and tremendous Rover knowledge, and I hope this post will help other in our fraternity to get the assembly in the right place.

Best regards, Frank
frankgoldstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2012, 21:32   #5
myfordman
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Having read this I'm wondering if I have fitted my remote arm incorrectly....

I slotted the white rectangular part of the remote arm into the slot in the white tray but I didn't slot anything into the rear of the tank. - where is the square collar? is it on the pick up end of the arm?