Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 26th January 2016, 09:32   #1
Royboy52919

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Cruise control questions for a newbie

Hello chaps

My first post

I have a 75 tourer cdti (2005) 131 auto

I would like to retrofit cruise control and from reading here, I believe I have grasped the basic idea

I believe I need:

New ice, horn and cruise control steering wheel buttons which I have ordered from the very useful Ebay. Does it matter which model 75 they came off? Diesel or petrol?

A cruise control ecu for a diesel to be fitted behind the dash I think the model number is scb 100211. Again ordered from eBay.

I will also need a cruise control dash switch to be fitted between the heated seat switches on the lower dash. In this case I think I am lucky because my tourer is one of the last made and has a special button in the centre that is supposed to be used to contact a call centre? For route guidance - this still calls out to a telephone number that is never answered - this indicates to me that there is a dedicated mobile sim somewhere in the car!. Anyway I Think and hope that the existing button is the same cutout size as the cc button so fitting should be straightforward?

There is some mention of a brake light switch too - please advise? Mine is an auto box.

As the car has electric seats which iare also heated - I am hoping therefore that the necessary cruise control wiring harness is in place.

Any help or advice would be most welcome.

I am also considering the 160 remap talked about so well here.

I am based in Macclesfield is there someone not too far away that is recommended to do this?

What does this do to insurance premiums? I am 52 with a clean record and full no claims protected?

I am considering this upgrade for improved fuel economy more than performance - any comments or advice welcome.

I know (from simple arithmetic) that my car was in the last 145 to be built overall - is it possible to discover how close to the last tourer it was?

Cheers guys

Looking forward to your replies

Roy
Royboy52919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2016, 13:06   #2
vincentfishing
Loves to post

rover 75cdt diesel saloon

Hi,
Welcome , cant answer any of your questions other than 160 remap,
I had my ecu repaired by marinabrian, very quick turnaround by post and updated me by phone, offered me 160 remap which i didnt really think i wanted at time but as he had ecu i went for it. I'm glad i did ,the car is far more economical, ive got 60mpg on runs, and today i checked mpg after 2 weeks of 4 mile each way trips to my mother,as well as general local driving, and i still got 48mpg brim to brim, the torque is far better with no need to change gear when overtaking and even though i drive like a snail ,i've suprised a few drivers when i've had to boot it. Its good value i Think, sure you'll get help with the other things.
vincentfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2016, 13:41   #3
Royboy52919

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanks Vincent for the reply - any problems with your insurer?

Roy
Royboy52919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2016, 14:19   #4
vincentfishing
Loves to post

rover 75cdt diesel saloon

ssshhh !

by the way dont use the search in the brown bar its not the best , the google search at the top of the forums page is far better if you dont know that already{took me a year to find out !) i just typed in ''cruise control upgrade'' and pages of info there that might help.
vincentfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2016, 14:46   #5
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentfishing View Post
Hi,
Welcome , cant answer any of your questions other than 160 remap,
I had my ecu repaired by marinabrian, very quick turnaround by post and updated me by phone, offered me 160 remap which i didnt really think i wanted at time but as he had ecu i went for it. I'm glad i did ,the car is far more economical, ive got 60mpg on runs, and today i checked mpg after 2 weeks of 4 mile each way trips to my mother,as well as general local driving, and i still got 48mpg brim to brim, the torque is far better with no need to change gear when overtaking and even though i drive like a snail ,i've suprised a few drivers when i've had to boot it. Its good value i Think, sure you'll get help with the other things.
Royboy - you will not get 60 mpg or 48 mpg round town as you have an auto. You will get improved mpg as long as you do not have a heavy right foot. However the engine is noticeably smoother and the power is there if you need it for a quick overtake.
The button you mention is for SmartNav and will go unanswered if you are not paying the monthly subscription.
another_clean_sheet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2016, 16:00   #6
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

All the buttons in that bar below the climate control module are the same size. so a cruise button will go straight in.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2016, 17:02   #7
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

it may add a little to the premium but not a lot. As you have the 131 you will have less of a problem with insurance I suspect then those with the 115 and having the 160 remap. It is not the 160 that's the issue but the % increase.

the clutch and brake switches are already in place. You will need the car T'4ed to make the cruise work properly. T4, a computer program for our cars. there are a number of people here with a t4 that can do the remap and cruise for you.

if you remove the switch panel where the heated heat switches are, you should find wrapped I some foam upto 3 plugs, I think green, blue and black. electric blind, cruise control and traction control. I cant recall which is which, sorry
I use adrain flux for insurance

welcome to the forum
when removing airbag/steering wheel it is generally recommended that the battery has been disconnected for at least 2 hours due to the air bag. make sure you have radio code and if sat nav that it has been closed down properly

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2016, 17:56   #8
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

I hope you have the "Loom" fitted already in your car.I have all the parts ready to fit but I have no loom to fit them to.

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2016, 18:26   #9
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
if you remove the switch panel where the heated heat switches are, you should find wrapped I some foam upto 3 plugs, I think green, blue and black. electric blind, cruise control and traction control. I cant recall which is which, sorry
As said above, here's what you need to find behind your centre consol. The small square black one (second from left) is the one for cruise control, blue is for traction control and green is for rear power blind.

Also, this is the CC ECU plug you will need to find behind the glove box. This is not always easy to find, the one on my dad's 75 was taped up with the main wiring loom.

if you find you don't have the wiring loom in place, I have made a how to guide on fitting cruise control with your own loom here:
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=228668
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2016, 18:40   #10
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
I hope you have the "Loom" fitted already in your car.I have all the parts ready to fit but I have no loom to fit them to.
In the same boat here, it still doable though (already done) and I'll be wiring cruise into mine this year.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote