Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th December 2016, 19:15   #1
Juego
Gets stuck in

Skoda Superb

Default Key fob open button

One of my key fobs both buttons work but on the other the open button doesn't work but it locks it. How easy is it to reprogrammed another key fob and transfer the blade over?

Who sells replacement key fobs? I'd rather buy a new one over a used one that could potentially have the same problem.
Juego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2016, 11:34   #2
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Sounds like it might be a problem with the microswitch on the circuit board. You can buy new fobs with the rubber buttons and a blank blade from eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_od...5+key&_sacat=0
but the circuit board will need repairing if possible. Alternatively, get a complete new key from one of the Traders here or maybe a second hand key, with a blade swap, transponder swap and some T4 re-jigging - I think.

Swapping the blades is more difficult than I expected.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2016, 14:17   #3
Juego
Gets stuck in

Skoda Superb

Who does key fobs on here? If I could get a new one pre programmed to my car that would be better and I'll swap my key blade over as I don't know who could cut it for me.
Old 6th December 2016, 14:22   #4
rockerbox
Avid contributor

MG ZT/T

I got an identical blank key fob when mine did the same thing. I also had a new blade cut (found not all key places could do this) just for fussiness.
Swapping the circuit board over to the new key fob is easy but the transponder looked impossible to move without damage (for me anyway) so I kept the bottom half with the little transponder in, used the new top half with new buttons and assembled with the new blade. Been as good as new for ages now.
Of course my problem was worn buttons, they literally had worn through, if yours is a bad micro-switch then this isn't going to work.
rockerbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2016, 14:33   #5
Juego
Gets stuck in

Skoda Superb

Yeah that wouldn't work for me lol, good suggestion and idea though.
Old 6th December 2016, 15:28   #6
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juego View Post
Who does key fobs on here? If I could get a new one pre programmed to my car that would be better and I'll swap my key blade over as I don't know who could cut it for me.
I think totally brand new keys are only available through BMW and cost a lot. I'm sure someone in the know will elaborate.

I believe Marinabrian and the other T4 traders on the forum should be able to sort it using your (repaired) PCB and transponder - maybe even supply a cloned transponder (?). Having a new blade cut looks a sinch, but it seems that relatively few key-cutters will oblige. The odd Simpson branch will apparently. I wonder if they fear getting involved in possible car theft? I dunno.

Why not have a look at the PCB/get someone to fix it if poss? Microswitches aren't hard to find. Then just swap the other bits as necessary.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2016, 15:35   #7
Juego
Gets stuck in

Skoda Superb

Dunno who I would or could trust to solder new buttons on. If someone can repair it I'll post it to them and pay them for it
Old 6th December 2016, 16:54   #8
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Dunno who I would or could trust to solder new buttons on. If someone can repair it I'll post it to them and pay them for it
Yes, I can sort this out for you

PM enroute

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2016, 21:30   #9
rockerbox
Avid contributor

MG ZT/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
...Having a new blade cut looks a sinch, but it seems that relatively few key-cutters will oblige. The odd Simpson branch will apparently. I wonder if they fear getting involved in possible car theft? I dunno...TC
The small independent key cutter I found locally (amazing old fashioned shop like walking back into the 70's) told me he had just invested a small fortune in the machine required to cut these blades, I think he was glad to have a call to use it. So I imagine that most key cutters don't find the investment in the machinery worth the gain.
rockerbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2016, 00:24   #10
t5tart
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT cdti

Quote:
most key cutters like timpsons do the blade keys well round here anyway

£25 if they supply the key or about £10 to cut your own but they dont have the transponder or curcuit board you just have to take those out of the old key

the micro switch is pretty easy if you have a soldering iron some solder wicking and a steady hand

check your sunroof drains and plenum drains http://www.buddy-icons.info/img/smile/1609.gif

Last edited by t5tart; 7th December 2016 at 00:28..
t5tart is offline   Reply With Quote