Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th February 2022, 15:47   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default Trip to Ravinder country

I'm just back from a week in Ravinder country, Scotland.
Cold windy and wet but beautiful.
We stayed for a couple of days near Spittle of Glenshee I think and then moved down to St Fillans at Loch Earn.
It was about a 320 mile drive home. The Scottish roads are hard work in that they are very twisty. The motorway was boring and just went on mile after mile. Normally distance does not bother me but today, I really did not enjoy the drive. I think if I had been towing the caravan we would have stopped over somewhere. Perhaps it is a sign of getting old.
We drove 5 of the 7 days and have done a bit over 1,000 miles and as one would expect with a Rover 75, it never missed a beat.

A few disappointments at places we visited as they have changed so in the 50ish years since I was a child. The villages had a 20mph limit and these seem to have remained unspoilt.

It is nice to be home and nice to have got home safe and sound.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2022, 19:32   #2
Tam
Posted a thing or two

05 ZT+, 04 ZT+, 64 P6 2.0, 74 P6 V8s, 75 P6 V8, 92 214Si, 04 25 Td, 02 Defend , 05 ZR 105+ x2

Spittal of Glenshee is my stomping ground. Not many hotels around there! Unless Dalmunzie?
Old 13th February 2022, 20:42   #3
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam View Post
Spittal of Glenshee is my stomping ground. Not many hotels around there! Unless Dalmunzie?
Our son in law had rented a 4 bedroom place for daughters 30th birthday. wife and I, son in law, daughter and their child, son in laws sister and boyfriend and boy friends parents. Another couple were to join them when we left but they did not turn up. So quiet there.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2022, 07:54   #4
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam View Post

Now, that looks rather nice. I spent a few weeks in Alness, a bit further up the A9, for work few years ago and stayed at Kincraig Castle during my one week. I loved it - absolutely stunning.

One week I drove from Suffok in my Omega and did a fair bit of walking at the weekend including going up Meall Fuar-mhonaidh, which I still cannot pronounce properly.

I've thought of spending a few days near Aviemore for some hill walking.
Old 14th February 2022, 09:16   #5
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

We are departing for a week in Edinburgh on Sat. Staying in one of the properties that a trust I am a member of owns. Looking forward to having a nosey around the castle and Britannia.
Our trust have around 10 properties around the country, this is my first time at the Edinburgh one. Favourite one so far is the one on the isle of sky, quite spectacular. as is the isle.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2022, 11:52   #6
Twisterboy
Loves to post

75 Connoisseur SE in BRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
We are departing for a week in Edinburgh on Sat. Staying in one of the properties that a trust I am a member of owns. Looking forward to having a nosey around the castle and Britannia.
Our trust have around 10 properties around the country, this is my first time at the Edinburgh one. Favourite one so far is the one on the isle of sky, quite spectacular. as is the isle.

Enjoy your time in Edinburgh

2004 Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

51 of 118 Rover 75s to come off the production line on 21st July 2004

71 of only 235 British Racing Green diesel face lift Connoisseur SE saloons with Sandstone Beige Interiors produced worldwide

Mileage April 2022: 120225 or 2914 in my custody
Twisterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2022, 18:29   #7
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I'm just back from a week in Ravinder country, Scotland.
Cold windy and wet but beautiful.
We stayed for a couple of days near Spittle of Glenshee I think and then moved down to St Fillans at Loch Earn.
It was about a 320 mile drive home. The Scottish roads are hard work in that they are very twisty. The motorway was boring and just went on mile after mile. Normally distance does not bother me but today, I really did not enjoy the drive. I think if I had been towing the caravan we would have stopped over somewhere. Perhaps it is a sign of getting old.
We drove 5 of the 7 days and have done a bit over 1,000 miles and as one would expect with a Rover 75, it never missed a beat.

A few disappointments at places we visited as they have changed so in the 50ish years since I was a child. The villages had a 20mph limit and these seem to have remained unspoilt.

It is nice to be home and nice to have got home safe and sound.

macafee2
Glad you enjoyed your break, we stayed at Drumfork Estates a couple of years ago which is not too far from Spittal of Glenshee- beautiful.
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2022, 18:33   #8
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
I love Edinburgh, so much to see and do. Just remember the best sight in Edinburgh is the train to Glasgow
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2022, 20:59   #9
Tam
Posted a thing or two

05 ZT+, 04 ZT+, 64 P6 2.0, 74 P6 V8s, 75 P6 V8, 92 214Si, 04 25 Td, 02 Defend , 05 ZR 105+ x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
Glad you enjoyed your break, we stayed at Drumfork Estates a couple of years ago which is not too far from Spittal of Glenshee- beautiful.

Drumfork was where I spent all my Holidays as a kid. My Grandad was the gardener there in the old days before it became all fancy!
Old 15th February 2022, 10:31   #10
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
Just remember the best sight in Edinburgh is the train to Glasgow
Yeah, watching it leave and thinking thank God I'm not going there

Not long after Ging came here we spent a few nights in Inverness to let her see the wild and woolly Scotland. My parents tagged along and at dinner the first night my father suggested heading west the following day then added we'd take my car as it was bigger. I was conned! Drove further than I had driving up to Inverness in the first place, 90% on single track roads having to contend with Wallace Arnold tour buses etc. Shattered by the time we got back to the hotel.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote