Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th May 2022, 16:11   #1
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Car insurance rebate.

How is it that the insurance companies take the money straight out of your account when you have signed up, but can take up to 30 days to give you a rebate. Having sold my V8 and cancelled the insurance I’m told that it can take up to a month before I get the money back.

And I have sent the V5 off to the DVLA. Be interesting to see how long I get a tax rebate.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2022, 17:48   #2
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

You have entered a black hole. Time has no meaning there and no laws are applicable. I'm not joking. I applied to have my driving licence (voluntarily surrendered) reissued many weeks ago, still waiting. I'm told 3/4 of staff are WFH. Normally, service was good to excellent. But I suspect WFH is something of a fib.
Old 30th May 2022, 06:00   #3
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
You have entered a black hole. Time has no meaning there and no laws are applicable. I'm not joking. I applied to have my driving licence (voluntarily surrendered) reissued many weeks ago, still waiting. I'm told 3/4 of staff are WFH. Normally, service was good to excellent. But I suspect WFH is something of a fib.
A great pity everyone else in the country didn't work from home, then the civil servants and quango's would know how life works!

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2022, 10:00   #4
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Still waiting for the insurance rebate but the DVLA have sent me the rebate on the Bear. I got £141.26 back.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
Old 15th June 2022, 12:31   #5
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

And the DVLA sent me a note today, by post, informing me that I no longer own the V8. Why not put that note in with the cheque?

Still waiting for the insurance rebate.

onen hag oll
Old 18th June 2022, 08:05   #6
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
How is it that the insurance companies take the money straight out of your account when you have signed up, but can take up to 30 days to give you a rebate. Having sold my V8 and cancelled the insurance I’m told that it can take up to a month before I get the money back.

And I have sent the V5 off to the DVLA. Be interesting to see how long I get a tax rebate.
It is called bureaucracy, its an all to familiar disease that affects all advanced societies, it has no cure other than killing off the offending organism, just grin and bear it, or you can write to your MP!.

Just joking, who are we the great unwashed, to question the workings of what ever, they are a law onto themselves and that's it and that's all.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2022, 08:56   #7
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
And the DVLA sent me a note today, by post, informing me that I no longer own the V8. Why not put that note in with the cheque?

Still waiting for the insurance rebate.
All this is perfectly reasonable once one appreciates how large organisations work. Most people assume that there is a single person looking at their records and dealing with matters. This is usually not the case.

There will be automated processes running within an organisation's systems for dealing with different matters. Refunds require authorisation and most companies or organisations will only have one or two scheduled cheque printing runs per month contracted out to a print factory. The cheques in the queue will be printed out on that particular day regardless of when requested.

The ownership status letter printing will be part of a different process and may even be contracted out to a different print factory.
Old 18th June 2022, 08:59   #8
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
How is it that the insurance companies take the money straight out of your account when you have signed up, but can take up to 30 days to give you a rebate. ............

As above.

Think of how much longer it takes to return an item in say M&S compared with paying for it.

Remember, the experts on here who give you various answers based on conspiracies are usually only experts on conspiracy theories!
Old 18th June 2022, 09:06   #9
MSS
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque2me View Post
A great pity everyone else in the country didn't work from home, then the civil servants and quango's would know how life works!

Kev

A large percentage of the working population still does wfh. It's also the case that Covid related absences are still prevalent, despite everyone thinking that it's all back to normal and not taking precautions.
Old 24th June 2022, 07:00   #10
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

…………………….. and the insurance rebate has finally arrived less the administration fee. Still £152.34 will get me a full tank of fuel on Banana.

onen hag oll