Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th August 2022, 13:04   #1
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts
Default LG Chem Battery issues continues.

Er er missus! News has come to light of Porsche's LG Chem battery traction pack problems!

A Porsche insider whistle blower has said 60% of Porsche Taycans sold have had battery issues & have had their battery traction packs replaced. Some have resulted in fires that have been covered up & not appeared in the media. Some peoples garages attached to the house have gone up in smoke too.
It makes you wonder what was the cause of the fire on the Felicity Ace car transporter ship that sailed from Germany caught on fire & sank in Feb this year loaded with VW,Porsche,Audi EV's
Jaguar Land rover have had four fires recently in their i-pace EV that use LG Chem batteries too along with some KIA & Hyundai ev models that also use LG Chem.
GM have replaced all their LG Chem Chevy Bolt battery traction packs free of charge & given the new packs an eight year warranty.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto

Last edited by Lancpudn; 13th August 2022 at 13:15..
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2022, 13:25   #2
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Er er missus! News has come to light of Porsche's LG Chem battery traction pack problems!

A Porsche insider whistle blower has said 60% of Porsche Taycans sold have had battery issues & have had their battery traction packs replaced. Some have resulted in fires that have been covered up & not appeared in the media. Some peoples garages attached to the house have gone up in smoke too.
It makes you wonder what was the cause of the fire on the Felicity Ace car transporter ship that sailed from Germany caught on fire & sank in Feb this year loaded with VW,Porsche,Audi EV's
Jaguar Land rover have had four fires recently in their i-pace EV that use LG Chem batteries too along with some KIA & Hyundai ev models that also use LG Chem.
GM have replaced all their LG Chem Chevy Bolt battery traction packs free of charge & given the new packs an eight year warranty.

well thats a good enough reason for me NOT to have an EV,, Will stick to my Tractor

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2022, 13:50   #3
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

A mate who has an EV as a company car had a fire, he came back to it as the supermarket and there was a lot of smoke coming from underneath and the inside was full of fumes. He dialled 999 and a fire engine was there in a few mins but most of the smoking had stopped. The fire brigade sat around for 10 mins to make sure and they went to the next job. It did power up but he decided to get it collected by the dealer and it was never seen again. It was replaced with a new one. They got him exactly the same model and colour and even swapped over his stuff into the new one.

The ''old'' one was just over 6 months old.

It is a VW but I have no idea what model as I have no interest in EVs what so ever, in fact I have more interest in Fridges and Washing machines as they do a better job more reliably.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote