Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 27th July 2020, 18:32   #231
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

I went to a Harvester on Friday, by appointment with three friends, socially distanced and there were only about fourteen people in there.

Went to a Toby on Sunday morning and that was not busy.
Old 28th July 2020, 10:22   #232
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileshawk56 View Post
Had a tour around local beauty spots, AONB sites and country pubs between north Reading and the adjacent Thames Valley and Vale of Oxford on Sunday. They were as I have never seen the like before, jammed with cars and people-"they think its all over" I hope so but I fear not. Chris S.
Hardly started really when you realise that there's probably another 50,000,000 cases to come.-------and at the present rate we will be in almost the same situation as now in 5 years time.
Old 28th July 2020, 12:15   #233
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Sound on. https://imgur.com/a/DV75Fcf

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Old 28th July 2020, 12:24   #234
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Hardly started really when you realise that there's probably another 50,000,000 cases to come.-------and at the present rate we will be in almost the same situation as now in 5 years time.
Thanks for that; sometimes realization can be disheartening, but it'll save the price of a haircut, several times.
Old 28th July 2020, 13:47   #235
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

A lot of negativity on this thread. Perhaps it would help lighten the mood if we actually mention that since the beginning of July in the UK the total number of deaths 'covid related' are only 1,648 - Sorry that sounds like a big number. Put it into perspective: 0.0024% of the population. And for the past 5 weeks the mortality rate in the UK has been below the 5 year average for the same period. (One might even be heard to mutter 'swings and roundabouts').

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Old 28th July 2020, 15:43   #236
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

The term ‘covid related’ (even with that added qualification) has been discounted several times by authoritative sources as being less than helpful in the calculation of mortality rates.

Since the beginning of this, all deaths where Covid-19 was diagnosed and whether or not the demise was in any way attributable to it, such deaths have been classified as due to Covid-19.

This anomaly was finally put to bed as an explanation in answer to questions about the differing methods of reporting between England and the other three countries of the UK. It was a sloppy and plainly wrong method, some might say deliberate, of non-scientific and therefore false, public health reporting.

To use such principles in defence of the spectacular economic destruction to the country is a scandal. It might also explain why there is so little trust and faith, and therefore public acceptance, in what is officially put out by government. Better to admit a lack of knowledge than to lead a dangerously false trail.

Has anyone got comparative figures, reliable ones of course, about the number of deaths attributed to dangerous or drunken drivers over the same period? Or cancer? Or drug related stabbings? None of these tragic events are infectious of course, but every one is every bit as tragic.
Old 28th July 2020, 19:04   #237
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
The term ‘covid related’ (even with that added qualification) has been discounted several times by authoritative sources as being less than helpful in the calculation of mortality rates.

Since the beginning of this, all deaths where Covid-19 was diagnosed and whether or not the demise was in any way attributable to it, such deaths have been classified as due to Covid-19.

This anomaly was finally put to bed as an explanation in answer to questions about the differing methods of reporting between England and the other three countries of the UK. It was a sloppy and plainly wrong method, some might say deliberate, of non-scientific and therefore false, public health reporting.

To use such principles in defence of the spectacular economic destruction to the country is a scandal. It might also explain why there is so little trust and faith, and therefore public acceptance, in what is officially put out by government. Better to admit a lack of knowledge than to lead a dangerously false trail.

Has anyone got comparative figures, reliable ones of course, about the number of deaths attributed to dangerous or drunken drivers over the same period? Or cancer? Or drug related stabbings? None of these tragic events are infectious of course, but every one is every bit as tragic.

Still find it somewhat hard to comprehend that the reported UK mortality rate far exceeds that of any other European country during this situation.

I am a severe asthmatic, could well be curtains for me if I should be unfortunate enough to contract this virus. However I have considered this scenario. I contract the virus and get admitted to hospital. During my stay I have an asthma attack which proves to be my last one. Covid-19 or asthma on the certificate? Of or with???? This could have implications from a life assurance perspective. One may mean a payout to my estate, the other maybe not.

I would hazard a guess the life assurance companies are having some interesting conversations.

Meanwhile my wife's cancer check-up, scheduled for April then June, still has not been re-booked.

Which ever way we look at this it's a mess.
Old 29th July 2020, 06:44   #238
SCP440

MG ZT-T 260

Call me pessimistic but maybe some deaths have been put down as Covid because they are so busy? We have all seen the pictures on the news of how under pressure they are and yes they probably had it but maybe they died of a Heart attack, undetected cancer or one of the other many things that can get us.

Don't get me wrong I know it has killed a lot of people directly but how many would have died anyway even if it wasn't around? I wonder if you were driving a car and got killed in an accident with Covid in your system it would be a Covid death?

My dear old Mum is 89, she has been shielding since it started, she has high blood pressure bad Asthma and probably a few other things. Her attitude at her age something will get her probably sooner rather than later so she has decided to not bother anymore shielding as she does not want to spend the last few months/years of her life in her house. She was out yesterday shopping and popped into her favourite coffee shop for a piece of cake and hot chocolate.
Old 29th July 2020, 07:33   #239
ADO282
Banned

ROVER 75 Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
Call me pessimistic but maybe some deaths have been put down as Covid because they are so busy? We have all seen the pictures on the news of how under pressure they are and yes they probably had it but maybe they died of a Heart attack, undetected cancer or one of the other many things that can get us.

Don't get me wrong I know it has killed a lot of people directly but how many would have died anyway even if it wasn't around? I wonder if you were driving a car and got killed in an accident with Covid in your system it would be a Covid death?

My dear old Mum is 89, she has been shielding since it started, she has high blood pressure bad Asthma and probably a few other things. Her attitude at her age something will get her probably sooner rather than later so she has decided to not bother anymore shielding as she does not want to spend the last few months/years of her life in her house. She was out yesterday shopping and popped into her favourite coffee shop for a piece of cake and hot chocolate.

I can answer one of those questions for you, not one single person in this country has ever "recovered" from covid19, and to die of any other means at all, you would be counted as a covid19 death.

So if you have an accident, four months after having tested positive for the virus, covid19 will be recorded on the death certificate.

It makes a mockery of the statistics somewhat, I would be inclined to rely on the number of excess deaths in relation to previous years being a more accurate figure.

Hats off to your mum, I think this is a reasonable stance to take in the circumstances, enjoying life rather than enduring it seems sensible to me.

Chris
Old 29th July 2020, 11:45   #240
Borg Warner

None

Interesting:

bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-53577222

Not just the UK concerned:

https://www.france24.com/en/video/20...hold-in-europe

Whilst in Germany:

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-la...ief/a-54342473
Closed Thread