Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11th March 2021, 15:33   #1
thanos.m
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon

Default Leaking Boot

Hi all,

I've reached new highs of frustration with my car my boot is after replacing the rear light seals and fixing a leak from boot seal itself my boot is still leaking water.

I could not find anyone else having reported this issue the leak isn't coming from any of the usual places (tailing seals, boot seal, chrome trim, pressure relief flaps). But rather from seam that outer part of the rear wing meets the inner part of the boot.

In my picture bellow I have two arrows showing where the water is coming from it appears to be running along the seam to the tail end of wing dripping down to the bulb holder of the rear taillight.

I locked myself in the boot and I had a friend basting water with the pressure washer but I could pin point the leak moisture just appeared and it would start dripping at the end. Feeling with my hand towards the rear screen it was dry also the bolt holes of boot hinge also seemed dry.

There aren't any visible cracks or anything on seams on the outside.

Any ideas where the water maybe coming from or has anyone else experienced this ?

Cheers,
Thanos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsz_20210311_161513.jpg (143.6 KB, 68 views)
thanos.m is offline   Reply With Quote