Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th November 2007, 16:08   #11
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

The whole thing is a farce
One suggestion to make it more honest is to lock the 'others' ability to respond if negged therefore no *** for tat

But then what happens is the other party could simply buy another one of your items and neg you back without ever completing the transaction.

It might be best if they just scrapped the whole stupid process and just left it as Caveat Emptor
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2007, 12:08   #12
CDTi
This is my second home

No longer in the MGR club

Thanks for all the help guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC Trading View Post
If you went through the unpaid item dispute system and he got a strike then you can leave negative feedback without him being able to do the same, as long as he diddn't respond to the dispute. Basically, if he ignored all requests to pay and made no contact at all then he cannot leave feedback.
This is how I understand the situation, although eBay are unable/unwilling to confirm this.

The whole feedback thing is a bit of a disaster, and eBay themselves appear to have no interest in policing it to make it fairer.

CDTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2007, 12:40   #13
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Wait until the last moment to leave feedback (31 days I think), leave him neagtive feedback and he won't have time to return the favour....
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2007, 12:42   #14
CDTi
This is my second home

Just had a reply from eBay:

Yes, the buyer can leave you feedback no matter an Unpaid Item Strike has been lodged against him for item xxxxxxxxx. eBay's Feedback Forum is a place for free and open communication. For this reason, we can't
prevent members from leaving Feedback

Does this make sense to anyone??? Why is the Buyer allowed to leave neg FB when he never responded to any communication and didn't pay.

I give up

Old 29th November 2007, 12:44   #15
CDTi
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeners View Post
Wait until the last moment to leave feedback (31 days I think), leave him neagtive feedback and he won't have time to return the favour....
Hmmm, good idea

Old 29th November 2007, 12:50   #16
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

I view the feedback with some scepticisim.

I look at what I'm buying, what they're selling, how many transactions they've done and the general comments.

Case in point is SMC. Couldn't wish to deal with a better company, but their feedback isn't 100%, probably becacause a couple of customers out of 000's are stupid....
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2007, 13:34   #17
SMC Trading
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDTi View Post
Just had a reply from eBay:

Yes, the buyer can leave you feedback no matter an Unpaid Item Strike has been lodged against him for item xxxxxxxxx. eBay's Feedback Forum is a place for free and open communication. For this reason, we can't
prevent members from leaving Feedback

I don't understand this because that is not the case for me, if they do not respond to the dispute I can leave (and do regularly) negative feedback without them being able to reciprocate, I'll see if I can find a link on eBay about this when I get a min
SMC Trading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2007, 13:38   #18
SMC Trading

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeners View Post
I view the feedback with some scepticisim.

Case in point is SMC. Couldn't wish to deal with a better company, but their feedback isn't 100%, probably becacause a couple of customers out of 000's are stupid....

To date we have 30 negative feedback's against us and I can honestly say hand on heart that 28 were not warranted at all, the other 2 were our fault and we have learned from them, still with nearly 20 THOUSAND positve feedbacks we must be doing something right!
Old 29th November 2007, 15:34   #19
SMC Trading

Rover 75

Here we are, have a read of this:

Removing feedback ratings (not comments) left by buyers who don't participate in the Unpaid Item process on eBay for an item.
Beginning today, we will automatically remove feedback ratings left by buyers who do not respond to the Unpaid Item process on eBay. This means the rating (whether positive, neutral or negative) will no longer affect the recipient's feedback score, although the feedback comment itself will remain. An administrative note from eBay will be added to the comment, indicating that the feedback rating was removed because the member did not participate in the Unpaid Item process on eBay. This is a global change and will affect all eBay sites.

The new policy only applies to unpaid item claims filed on or after Monday, December 5th (except for those that were filed on or after December 5th and were closed before the change was fully implemented on December 8th). Eligibility is based on the Unpaid Item filing date, not when the feedback was left.

This change, as well as the other recent enhancements we've made, ensures that the feedback system continues to be a credible measure of trust.

Regards
The eBay Team

Hope this helps
Old 29th November 2007, 15:56   #20
CDTi
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC Trading View Post
Here we are, have a read of this:

Removing feedback ratings (not comments) left by buyers who don't participate in the Unpaid Item process on eBay for an item.
Beginning today, we will automatically remove feedback ratings left by buyers who do not respond to the Unpaid Item process on eBay. This means the rating (whether positive, neutral or negative) will no longer affect the recipient's feedback score, although the feedback comment itself will remain. An administrative note from eBay will be added to the comment, indicating that the feedback rating was removed because the member did not participate in the Unpaid Item process on eBay. This is a global change and will affect all eBay sites.

The new policy only applies to unpaid item claims filed on or after Monday, December 5th (except for those that were filed on or after December 5th and were closed before the change was fully implemented on December 8th). Eligibility is based on the Unpaid Item filing date, not when the feedback was left.

This change, as well as the other recent enhancements we've made, ensures that the feedback system continues to be a credible measure of trust.

Regards
The eBay Team

Hope this helps
Thanks for that Les.

Any chance that you have a link for this?. I want to email it back to eBay. Actually, I would like to leave eBay themselves some neg FB.

A++++++ again to SMC