Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd March 2021, 07:40   #21
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillyphil View Post
I've heard it said that the only political difference between east and west us that in the west you get to vote for a new dictator every four or five years!!
The population in the West are conditioned and brain-washed into a false sense of security, false information, hearsay and tomato ketchup, in the former East, people knew exactly where they stood.

The end of the Communist system and collapse of the USSR, was almost certainly as a result of forward thinking leaders such as Gorbachov, and the disaster that was Chernobyl, that nearly turned the whole continent into a wasteland for centuries, I don't think people realise even now how lucky we all were, and how close we all came to swimming in it, all because the Soviets cut corners in order to keep up with the West.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2021, 10:04   #22
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

For what its worth I'm with Max Kieser in that i believe we have never had true capitalism instead we have a few privileged regulators who own the means of production telling us we have free markets and as soon as scarcity causes civil unrest they give us communism and tell us its for our own safety.

This is dealt with in a unique way in the tv show fiction "The expanse" which has two distinct groups in the solar system. Those being the inners i.e. those who live on Earth and Mars practicing capitalism as resources are plentiful despite massive populations and Belters who live in the Asteriod belt and outer planets beyond mars who are forced into communist like conditions due to lower resources and harder conditions. Good show even just for entertainment but the fact remains those who own/control the means of production get to feed more. In all of these Natural law applies equally and so mans ability to listen to his conscience dictates outcomes.

Renew auxiliary drive belt # Replace driver door lock actuator # Refurbish wheels

Last edited by Retap; 22nd March 2021 at 10:07..
Retap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2021, 10:49   #23
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Once one accepts the principle of self-ownership, what's moral and immoral becomes self-evident. Murder is immoral because it violates private property. Rape and theft are also immoral -- they also violate private property. - Walter Williams

Renew auxiliary drive belt # Replace driver door lock actuator # Refurbish wheels
Retap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2021, 11:06   #24
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retap View Post
Once one accepts the principle of self-ownership, what's moral and immoral becomes self-evident. Murder is immoral because it violates private property. Rape and theft are also immoral -- they also violate private property. - Walter Williams

Curious about Walter Williams. American journalist?
Also Murder and Rape. Both concern no obvious self-ownership beyond vicious hatred. How does this relate to either Communism or Democracy? Sounds like Conflict Therapy and supportive of that other Pol. system, Anarchy!