Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th August 2020, 10:33   #1
Adam2003
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Connoisseur

Default Inlet Manifold

My inlet manifold had gone and needs replacing.

Does anyone know any reliable sellers, and also how much are they? I haven’t found like a set price anywhere, they all seem to be different.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adam2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2020, 11:02   #2
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Diesel or Petrol.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2020, 11:45   #3
Adam2003
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post

Diesel or Petrol.

Rev

Petrol Rev

Old 8th August 2020, 12:39   #4
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

If it is for the 1.8 in your profile then you have 2 options to consider. Stick with the original plastic version or change to the alloy vvc as originally fitted to some of the MGF variants. Either way swap over everything on your existing manifold to any replacement manifold. Be careful if you opt for another plastic manifold, you need a mems3 version with facility for the map sensor to be fitted on it, earlier versions don't have or need this but some ebay sellers do not make this clear in their listings. If you opt for an alloy manifold I would also be careful to ensure you go for the newer version which is plug-and-play for the map sensor as fitted to the 1.8 Rover 75.

Prices vary depending on the seller and what they include with the manifold, alloy versions tend to sell for more regardless. You don't really need any of the extra bits that might be included because as said you are best advised to swap all of your existing bits on to a stripped bare replacement manifold. But price depending it can provide you with some spares should you ever need them. After deciding what option you want to go for I would suggest posting your requirement in this site's Wanted Section, someone might have a plastic manifold for free but if not they can be had for circa £20 on ebay. Alloy manifolds I've seen advertised on ebay for what to me are very inflated prices, I've bought a few but I've never paid more than £35.

Why swap all bits over? Because the same manifolds were used on other models with different injectors and throttle bodies. The bits which are the same are set up with the ecu using T4, your car may run without this calibration but quite often they do not run as well. Stalling can present and the general driveability can be dire.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2020, 12:50   #5
Adam2003
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
If it is for the 1.8 in your profile then you have 2 options to consider. Stick with the original plastic version or change to the alloy vvc as originally fitted to some of the MGF variants. Either way swap over everything on your existing manifold to any replacement manifold. Be careful if you opt for another plastic manifold, you need a mems3 version with facility for the map sensor to be fitted on it, earlier versions don't have or need this but some ebay sellers do not make this clear in their listings. If you opt for an alloy manifold I would also be careful to ensure you go for the newer version which is plug-and-play for the map sensor as fitted to the 1.8 Rover 75.

Prices vary depending on the seller and what they include with the manifold, alloy versions tend to sell for more regardless. You don't really need any of the extra bits that might be included because as said you are best advised to swap all of your existing bits on to a stripped bare replacement manifold. But price depending it can provide you with some spares should you ever need them. After deciding what option you want to go for I would suggest posting your requirement in this site's Wanted Section, someone might have a plastic manifold for free but if not they can be had for circa £20 on ebay. Alloy manifolds I've seen advertised on ebay for what to me are very inflated prices, I've bought a few but I've never paid more than £35.

Why swap all bits over? Because the same manifolds were used on other models with different injectors and throttle bodies. The bits which are the same are set up with the ecu using T4, your car may run without this calibration but quite often they do not run as well. Stalling can present and the general driveability can be dire.

Thank you I’ll look into it!

It’s in the garage now, as I’ve been having a few things done like an MOT, service etc. They found the problem, and they’ll be keeping it to fix it. I probably won’t get the plastic one, so I’ll look for ones around the £30-40 mark.

Old 8th August 2020, 12:51   #6
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

I would go for the alloy VVC manifold, less chance of leaks
But then I would
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2020, 16:51   #7
Adam2003
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
I would go for the alloy VVC manifold, less chance of leaks
But then I would

I think I will. That’s a beautiful engine bay by the way!

Old 8th August 2020, 18:27   #8
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Agree with Ronnie, the vvc is a good improvement over the plastic manifold, just remember to swap everything from your original manifold onto the vvc one.
Old 8th August 2020, 19:15   #9
Adam2003
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Agree with Ronnie, the vvc is a good improvement over the plastic manifold, just remember to swap everything from your original manifold onto the vvc one.

Garage is working on locating one on Monday, so hopefully I’ll have the car back by the end of the week.

Old 8th August 2020, 19:18   #10
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam2003 View Post
I think I will. That’s a beautiful engine bay by the way!

Ta very muchly
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote