Notices

Old 8th August 2020, 07:53   #154071
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Morning all, another hot one in prospect here.
Morning Andy, morning all. Whats the deal if it gets very hot in the factory due to the weather? It must be worrying for those people who have to work in a munitions factory.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2020, 08:02   #154072
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Morning all, What an 'orrible muggy night. Slightly cooler today with hazy sunshine.
Morning Ian, congratulations on getting a negative test result for yourself and the family, what a relief.

We were chatting to someone who works for the Flying Doctor Service in Kenya and he said how some of the work involves doing air ambulance flights to hospital for people suffering from Pneumonia and how the Pneumonia cases went up from the start of the year. I suspect the virus has been around for much longer than we know.

Good news your all okay.
Old 8th August 2020, 08:09   #154073
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Yesterday, I had a call from my sister-in-law to rescue and tow a broken down Range Rover Vogue. Fortunately, her Vogue was only 12 miles miles away. The problem was the V8 engine overheated, then it conked out and it would not start again. Thank goodness the car wasn't too far away

Today its nice weather getting to 25C, no complaints here

Have a great day, drink plenty
Old 8th August 2020, 09:27   #154074
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Morning Ian, congratulations on getting a negative test result for yourself and the family, what a relief.

We were chatting to someone who works for the Flying Doctor Service in Kenya and he said how some of the work involves doing air ambulance flights to hospital for people suffering from Pneumonia and how the Pneumonia cases went up from the start of the year. I suspect the virus has been around for much longer than we know.

Good news your all okay.

Morning Phil, Yes good news indeed we were all relieved I've just found out the hard way that the bread has gone mouldy in this heat
Some of the bigger tomato varieties have ripened in the greenhouse & I love freshly sliced tomatoes on toast for breakfast at this time of year.
I bit into the toast & it was blue with mould

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2020, 10:23   #154075
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Morning. Got up before 06.00 this morning. Put the last of the washing in the machine. Washed both cars, then it was bacon butty time for breakfast.
Put the washing on the line. Coffee time now.

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2020, 11:28   #154076
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
He doesn't have the activation keys/proof of purchase etc to re-install all the software it came with if he did a factory reset.
Might be worth him trying one or more of the many free key finders and license crawlers. A more able paid for version might also be worth looking at if a free version doesn't find the keys for all that he needs. Personally I would start with the free Hiren's BootCD, it is a great tool to have to hand and it has much more on it than a key finder or two. Click

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatkeeper View Post
I suspect the virus has been around for much longer than we know.
Me too. I've read reports of sewage samples from as early as March 2019 containing possibly incriminating evidence which might support this view. Click
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2020, 11:43   #154077
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

Quote:
Morning Phil, Yes good news indeed we were all relieved I've just found out the hard way that the bread has gone mouldy in this heat
Some of the bigger tomato varieties have ripened in the greenhouse & I love freshly sliced tomatoes on toast for breakfast at this time of year.
I bit into the toast & it was blue with mould
You should have put a slice of Danish Blue in the Sandwich,you would not have noticed then

Glad the tests all came back OK,that must be a weight off your mind

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2020, 15:30   #154078
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Afternoon all, lovely day here yesterday turned out not to be as hot as was forecast, in the north east anyway.It was very humid yesterday though.
On a serious note I spent two and a half hours n the phone to mum’s bank last night, the majority of it waiting for someone to answer the bl00dy phone.
Sadly due to her memory being so poor, she has now forgotten that you don’t give bank or card details over the phone to any company you are not familiar with.
Last summer she paid over 100 to a bogus company for “tv breakdown cover” that she didn’t need as I had recently bought the tv for her so it was still under manufacturers guarantee. Luckily as it was a fraudulent case,the bank stopped it and refunded her money, but since February this year she has set up 5 direct debits for bogus insurances for home emergency cover, appliance cover, internet recovery(she doesn’t have it) and some other bogus b s policy. The bank, with my
authorisation have cancelled all of them and are going to try and block these “companies “, from taking any more payments. I am going to set the ball rolling to get p o a, but I fear we may have to change the bank account number before then. I have now cancelled her card for the third time since this time last year,a nd hidden her cheque book, so any other scammers ring up and want d d set up or card payments,she can’t do it as she doesn’t know where the cheque book is and has no card. P o a normally takes about 8 weeks ,but due to COVID and short staffing in all govt departments,I think we will be lucky to have it in place by Christmas.

I urge all,of you with elderly or infirm relatives and friends to take steps to protect them from scammers, the world is full of horrible people who sadly spoil life for the majority.
Old 8th August 2020, 16:04   #154079
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by w44nty View Post
You should have put a slice of Danish Blue in the Sandwich,you would not have noticed then

Glad the tests all came back OK,that must be a weight off your mind
A decent sized chunk of Stinking Bishop would do the job - that's a cheese by the way

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2020, 17:41   #154080
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Evening all, There's a nice north easterly breeze blowing since this afternoon which is very welcome & taken the edge off that muggy heat.

Ginster steak slice & a jacket spud for tea & as it's been replenishing the larder day there's a fresh tiger loaf & supply of Henry's

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Might be worth him trying one or more of the many free key finders and license crawlers. A more able paid for version might also be worth looking at if a free version doesn't find the keys for all that he needs. Personally I would start with the free Hiren's BootCD, it is a great tool to have to hand and it has much more on it than a key finder or two. Click

Me too. I've read reports of sewage samples from as early as March 2019 containing possibly incriminating evidence which might support this view. Click

Cheers I'll tell him about those recover tools for the software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
A decent sized chunk of Stinking Bishop would do the job - that's a cheese by the way

I like blue cheese but I draw the line at blue toast, Never had stinky bishop either. I never noticed the other side of the slice of bread had mold when I put it in the toaster.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote