None

We are given the impression the all is well in Germany:

https://www.dw.com/en/germany-protes...rus/a-54456654

It appears increasingly not.
Old 8th August 2020, 06:03   #272
mbev51
Banned

Removed

A spike in Preston now, mainly young people. I think younger people in particular have virus fatigue.
Old 8th August 2020, 07:04   #273
ADO282
Banned

ROVER 75 Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
A spike in Preston now, mainly young people. I think younger people in particular have virus fatigue.

love the soundbite, I must have virus fatigue !!
Old 8th August 2020, 07:07   #274
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
Agreed, and yet they have a much longer life ahead, whereas we oldies are giving up much more proportionately. It's why the Government did not lock down earlier - they knew certain groups of the population wouldn't have staying power - Snowflakes!
Old 8th August 2020, 08:12   #275
ADO282
Banned

ROVER 75 Connoisseur

Recently I visited my daughter across in London, and although she is only in her twenties, it was immediately apparent she was being more cautious than her age group are given credence for.

I was pleasantly surprised that she had such a sensible approach, however it is not her age group at the highest risk, more so the risk they pose when interacting with older members of the family in spreading the virus.

This was echoed on radio four this morning, where the catchphrase bandied about, was "don't kill granny"

Of course age doesn't always equate to wisdom, and by the same virtue blindly following what you are being told or indeed in some cases, instructed to do, relate to the best courses of action.

The simple reproduction of what we are being reported by the media in a single line soundbite, is tantamount to "trolling", yes by all means as a one off to stimulate discussion, but to do so repeatedly indicates a certain lack of intellectual throughput.

To qualify what you are reporting requires a certain level of effort to be expended of course, this appears to be lacking in some quarters which is a shame as it is an interesting subject, which is pertinent to us all as individuals.

Quote:

Would you care to explain what you mean by that statement Michael?, preferably in more than one sentence please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
Agreed, and yet they have a much longer life ahead, whereas we oldies are giving up much more proportionately. It's why the Government did not lock down earlier - they knew certain groups of the population wouldn't have staying power - Snowflakes!

I agree as we enter our later years, we are being asked to sacrifice much more in chronological terms, however the younger generation are often far more wise than we give them credit

Chris
Old 8th August 2020, 08:44   #276
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Just to emphasize a point:

Here is an anonymous statement from an A&E consultant in a major hospital in Surrey, in relation to the criminal gagging of all levels of NHS staff, who have been threatened that they will lose their jobs if the speak out about the COVID19 scamdemic.

“I am a consultant at a major , regional hospital in Surrey. By major you can take that to indicate that we have an A&E department.

I had agreed to give an interview to an anti lockdown activist in which I would have revealed my identity. I have since changed my mind and only feel able to give an anonymous statement. I have changed my mind simply because that all staff , no matter what grade, at all hospitals have been warned that if they give any media interviews at all or make any statements to either the Main Stream Press or smaller, independent press /social media we may, immediately be suspended without pay.

I have a family, dependents and I simply cant do it to them. I therefore can not reveal my identity at this time but wish to state as follows: In my opinion, and that of many of my colleagues, there has been no Covid Pandemic, certainly not in the Surrey region and I have heard from other colleagues this picture is the same throughout the country.

Our hospital would normally expect to see around 350,000 out patients a year. Around 95,000 patients are admitted to hospital in a normal year and we would expect to see around a similar figure, perhaps 100,000 patients pass through our A&E department.

In the months from March to June (inclusive) we would normally expect to see 100,000 out patients, around 30,000 patients admitted to hospital and perhaps 30,000 pass through A&E. This year (and these figures are almost impossible to get hold of) we are over 95% down on all those numbers. In effect, the hospital has been pretty much empty for that entire period.

At the start, staff that questioned this were told that we were being used as ‘redundant’ capacity, kept back for the ‘deluge’ we were told would come. It never did come, and when staff began to question this, comments like, ‘for the greater good’ and to ‘protect the NHS’ came down from above. Now its just along the lines of, ‘Shut up or you don’t get paid’.

The few Covid cases that we have had , get repeatedly tested, and every single test counted as a new case. Meaning the figures reported back to ONS / PHE (Office for National Statistics & Public Health England) were almost exponentially inflated. It could be that Covid cases reported by hospitals are between 5 to 10x higher than the real number of cases.

There has been no pandemic and this goes a long way to explain why figures for the UK are so much higher than anywhere else in Europe. The trust has been running empty ambulances during lockdown and is still doing it now. By this I mean ambulances are driving around, with their emergency alert systems active (sirens & / or lights) with no job to go to. This I believe has been to give the impression to the public that there is more demand for ambulances than there actually is.

Staff only wear face coverings/ masks & social distance when public facing, as soon as they are out of public view, the masks come off and social distancing is not observed. Indeed jokes are made about the measures, and I have heard staff express amazement that despite warnings on packets and at point of sales, telling people masks are totally ineffective and dangerous , the public still buy them, because a politician has told them too.

We have cancelled the vast majority of operations and of these ALL elective surgery has been cancelled. That’s surgery that has been pre planned / waiting list. Non elective Surgery, this tends to be emergency surgery or that which is deemed urgent has been severely curtailed. The outcome of this is simple. People are at best being denied basic medical care and at worst, being left to die, in some cases, in much distress and pain. Regarding death certification. All staff that are responsible for this have been encouraged where possible to put Covid-19 complications as reason for death, even though the patient may have been asymptomatic and also not even tested for covid. I feel this simply amounts to fraudulently completed death certificates and has been responsible to grossly inflating the number of Covid deaths.

The fact is that regardless of what you actually die of in hospital, it is likely that Covid-19 will feature on your death certificate. I have included with my statement the detailed published guidance from Government on Death Certification which shows how Covid-19, as a factor is encouraged to at least feature on a death certificate. Remember Covid-19 itself can not kill. What kills is complications from the virus, typically pneumonia like symptoms. These complications are in reality incredibly rare but have featured and a large amount of death certificates issued in recent months. As long as Covid-19 appears on a death certificate, that death is counted as Covid-19 in the figures released by the ONS and PHE. I genuinely believe that many death certificates, especially amongst the older 65+ demographic have been fraudulently completed so as to be counted as Covid-19 deaths when in reality Covid-19 complications did not cause the death.

There have been Thursday nights when I stood, alone in my office and cried as I heard people cheering and clapping outside. It sickens me to see all the ‘Thank You NHS’ signs up everywhere and the stolen rainbow that for me now says one word and word only; fear.

There are many good people in the NHS and whilst I do not plead forgiveness for myself, I do plead for them. Most are on low pay, they joined for the right reasons and I did and have been bullied and threatened that if they don’t ‘stay on message’ they don’t eat.

I know that if a way could be found to assure staff within the NHS of safety against reprisals, there would be a tsunami of whistleblowers which I have no doubt would help end this complete and brutal insanity. I am finding it increasingly hard to live with what I have been involved in and I am sorry this has happened. To end, I would simply say this. Politicians haven’t changed, the country has just made a fatal mistake and started trusting them without question"
Old 8th August 2020, 10:03   #277
ADO282
Banned

ROVER 75 Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg Warner View Post
Just to emphasize a point:

Here is an anonymous statement from an A&E consultant in a major hospital in Surrey, in relation to the criminal gagging of all levels of NHS staff, who have been threatened that they will lose their jobs if the speak out about the COVID19 scamdemic.

“I am a consultant at a major , regional hospital in Surrey. By major you can take that to indicate that we have an A&E department.

I had agreed to give an interview to an anti lockdown activist in which I would have revealed my identity. I have since changed my mind and only feel able to give an anonymous statement. I have changed my mind simply because that all staff , no matter what grade, at all hospitals have been warned that if they give any media interviews at all or make any statements to either the Main Stream Press or smaller, independent press /social media we may, immediately be suspended without pay.

I have a family, dependents and I simply cant do it to them. I therefore can not reveal my identity at this time but wish to state as follows: In my opinion, and that of many of my colleagues, there has been no Covid Pandemic, certainly not in the Surrey region and I have heard from other colleagues this picture is the same throughout the country.

Our hospital would normally expect to see around 350,000 out patients a year. Around 95,000 patients are admitted to hospital in a normal year and we would expect to see around a similar figure, perhaps 100,000 patients pass through our A&E department.

In the months from March to June (inclusive) we would normally expect to see 100,000 out patients, around 30,000 patients admitted to hospital and perhaps 30,000 pass through A&E. This year (and these figures are almost impossible to get hold of) we are over 95% down on all those numbers. In effect, the hospital has been pretty much empty for that entire period.

At the start, staff that questioned this were told that we were being used as ‘redundant’ capacity, kept back for the ‘deluge’ we were told would come. It never did come, and when staff began to question this, comments like, ‘for the greater good’ and to ‘protect the NHS’ came down from above. Now its just along the lines of, ‘Shut up or you don’t get paid’.

The few Covid cases that we have had , get repeatedly tested, and every single test counted as a new case. Meaning the figures reported back to ONS / PHE (Office for National Statistics & Public Health England) were almost exponentially inflated. It could be that Covid cases reported by hospitals are between 5 to 10x higher than the real number of cases.

There has been no pandemic and this goes a long way to explain why figures for the UK are so much higher than anywhere else in Europe. The trust has been running empty ambulances during lockdown and is still doing it now. By this I mean ambulances are driving around, with their emergency alert systems active (sirens & / or lights) with no job to go to. This I believe has been to give the impression to the public that there is more demand for ambulances than there actually is.

Staff only wear face coverings/ masks & social distance when public facing, as soon as they are out of public view, the masks come off and social distancing is not observed. Indeed jokes are made about the measures, and I have heard staff express amazement that despite warnings on packets and at point of sales, telling people masks are totally ineffective and dangerous , the public still buy them, because a politician has told them too.

We have cancelled the vast majority of operations and of these ALL elective surgery has been cancelled. That’s surgery that has been pre planned / waiting list. Non elective Surgery, this tends to be emergency surgery or that which is deemed urgent has been severely curtailed. The outcome of this is simple. People are at best being denied basic medical care and at worst, being left to die, in some cases, in much distress and pain. Regarding death certification. All staff that are responsible for this have been encouraged where possible to put Covid-19 complications as reason for death, even though the patient may have been asymptomatic and also not even tested for covid. I feel this simply amounts to fraudulently completed death certificates and has been responsible to grossly inflating the number of Covid deaths.

The fact is that regardless of what you actually die of in hospital, it is likely that Covid-19 will feature on your death certificate. I have included with my statement the detailed published guidance from Government on Death Certification which shows how Covid-19, as a factor is encouraged to at least feature on a death certificate. Remember Covid-19 itself can not kill. What kills is complications from the virus, typically pneumonia like symptoms. These complications are in reality incredibly rare but have featured and a large amount of death certificates issued in recent months. As long as Covid-19 appears on a death certificate, that death is counted as Covid-19 in the figures released by the ONS and PHE. I genuinely believe that many death certificates, especially amongst the older 65+ demographic have been fraudulently completed so as to be counted as Covid-19 deaths when in reality Covid-19 complications did not cause the death.

There have been Thursday nights when I stood, alone in my office and cried as I heard people cheering and clapping outside. It sickens me to see all the ‘Thank You NHS’ signs up everywhere and the stolen rainbow that for me now says one word and word only; fear.

There are many good people in the NHS and whilst I do not plead forgiveness for myself, I do plead for them. Most are on low pay, they joined for the right reasons and I did and have been bullied and threatened that if they don’t ‘stay on message’ they don’t eat.

I know that if a way could be found to assure staff within the NHS of safety against reprisals, there would be a tsunami of whistleblowers which I have no doubt would help end this complete and brutal insanity. I am finding it increasingly hard to live with what I have been involved in and I am sorry this has happened. To end, I would simply say this. Politicians haven’t changed, the country has just made a fatal mistake and started trusting them without question"

Oh my !! it is a sorry state of affairs if this is indeed true, it would make for interesting reading in the extreme if it were found that NHS staff were indeed being coerced into silence by threat of dismissal.

May I ask the source of this excerpt please, I would like to read it through with a little more context.

Chris
Old 8th August 2020, 10:44   #278
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

Figures released this morning, 16,000 people died from not recieving hospital treatment whilst over the same measured period 25,000 died of Covid.
In addition there's an estimated 10,000 deaths of patients discharged to care homes who didn't receive follow up treatment.
In the next month there is expected to be another 26,000 people who will die because of this.

Unless the NHS starts to get back to some form of normality these figures will continue to keep rising.

At this rate far more people will die from lack of treatment than from Covid.

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
Old 8th August 2020, 11:48   #279
Borg Warner

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADO282 View Post
Oh my !! it is a sorry state of affairs if this is indeed true, it would make for interesting reading in the extreme if it were found that NHS staff were indeed being coerced into silence by threat of dismissal.

May I ask the source of this excerpt please, I would like to read it through with a little more context.

Chris
That is all there is. I picked it up from another car forum, would guess it's been somewhat exaggerated. I find it in stark contrast to other "stories" or "reports" that claim the PM was not ill with the virus and that there are a lot more who have succumbed to it.

Which ever way one looks at this it doesn't add up.
Old 8th August 2020, 11:55   #280
Borg Warner

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
Figures released this morning, 16,000 people died from not recieving hospital treatment whilst over the same measured period 25,000 died of Covid.
In addition there's an estimated 10,000 deaths of patients discharged to care homes who didn't receive follow up treatment.
In the next month there is expected to be another 26,000 people who will die because of this.

Unless the NHS starts to get back to some form of normality these figures will continue to keep rising.

At this rate far more people will die from lack of treatment than from Covid.

Russ

That is such a worry. The government are caught between a rock and a hard place over this something I think that can be said for governments across the world. Depending on one's beliefs they have either over or under reacted.
Closed Thread