Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th September 2010, 07:31   #81
majedm75
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5V6+Auto - Pack Luxe & Sterling

I'm sitting on the edge of my seat now and waiting
majedm75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 23:14   #82
Rover Raver
Avid contributor

MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabett_Rover View Post

The 17-inch 'Viking' style wheel was not introduced on the Rover 75 as an extra option for both front and rear-wheel models until the autumn of 2004, so it is likely the wheels on the 75 V8 Limousine were changed at some point after it had left the assembly line. This is without doubt the rarest of all the new wheel designs offered on the facelifted 75 (and likely one of the hardest to keep clean as well!).
Rover Raver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 23:19   #83
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover Raver View Post
The 17-inch 'Viking' style wheel was not introduced on the Rover 75 as an extra option for both front and rear-wheel models until the autumn of 2004, so it is likely the wheels on the 75 V8 Limousine were changed at some point after it had left the assembly line. This is without doubt the rarest of all the new wheel designs offered on the facelifted 75 (and likely one of the hardest to keep clean as well!).

In the early pictures of the R75 LWB V8 it is wearing 17'' Star Spoke Alloy Wheels. I must admit I really like the design of the Viking and would love a set of them.
Rabett_Rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 23:20   #84
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeW89 View Post
Where is this 08 plate now do we know?
It's currently taxed according to the DVLA
Rabett_Rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 07:45   #85
blackzetecs
Avid contributor

mgzt-t 2.5 v6

a true one off, if i were him id garage it for 15 years then bring it out and make some money on it ,

lovly looking motor!
blackzetecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 08:24   #86
Jezzer 1
I really should get out more.......

75 V8 Connoisseur SE Saloon: 75 V8 Contemporary SE Saloon and others!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeW89 View Post
Where is this 08 plate now do we know?
It went back to the guy who bought it from the Motor House in Cannock. Last I heard it was in his garage, and he would sell it if he got a good offer.

He was in dispute with the supplying garage as the car had a series of 'faults' arising from its non-standard engine and electronics.

Nick at Austin Garages knows more.
Old 8th September 2010, 17:18   #87
Lates
This is my second home

Jaguar XE

As much as the car looks very appealing, the true value of the vehicle is in question as the after sales support for powertrain is virtually none existant.

If it was mine I would be trying to get my money back from the supplier and not tucking it away in the garage.
Lates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 20:09   #88
garethhawkins
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Default 08 Ztt

There is a 08 plate that keeps getting spotted in Watford area, not sure if that is the one, but it is a ZTT???

I have many stories relating to MG. The credit that is being taken by the chinese for the work on the MG7, facelift to the TF was done by the MG Rover Group, it was the next facelift on the cards...There is nothing new by them. Project drive was also in the process of being reversed, some very last ZT cars have some of the ex project drive parts back on. My ZT was one of 2 which has not been effected by project drive, on a 2005 plate too, and has many optional extras that are not seen all together on one car like most! I was very lucky to find it.
garethhawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 20:12   #89
garethhawkins
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Note how the radiator bottle has moved??? that would say the coollng system has been revised, but that was not on the euro 4 model I saw?? could this be for cost or have they slowed down the speed of which the KV6 warms up!

Although the KV6 warms up very fast, it was done for emissions, but I cannot belive warming an alloy blck the quick can be good!

Gareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
That airbox is MUCH bigger.

Id be surprised if the V6 models didnt have a power increase.
Old 8th September 2010, 20:17   #90
garethhawkins
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Default Development Car...

It was not ready for being on the road, it was in the enginners stores when MG shut, they where still working on it. Infact it was still hocked to the computers!!!, so the last of the workers must have unhocked it and just added it to the collection to be sold. This is also the case for some MG ZR's, ther was someone who brought a MG ZR 1.4, but infact had a 1.8K series turbo engine, yet they where not using the turbo in that model!!

Can I also not that, if you look on the MG ZR now in china, the ex streetwise, not how the mirrors have the indicators built in, well this was a design by MGR for the facelift/update of the ranges. I was not long to be added to the ZT as we where asked to be ready for the change in mirror moldings, and to retrain people on how to assemble them.

Thanks

Gareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzer 1 View Post
It went back to the guy who bought it from the Motor House in Cannock. Last I heard it was in his garage, and he would sell it if he got a good offer.

He was in dispute with the supplying garage as the car had a series of 'faults' arising from its non-standard engine and electronics.

Nick at Austin Garages knows more.