Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd February 2020, 10:53   #1
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

Default AV05 WUX ROVER 75 can i save it?

I again dropped off another note to a Rover 75 saloon in tempest grey in a driveway in Birmingham AV reg suggests it was one of the last as that Registration were the last big fleet purchase, i believe with Arnold clark before Rover went down, at one stage AV05 reg Rovers were all over the place, now not a common site.

i noticed last year this car and though this is not moving.... i wonder.. dropped off a note around the house and was told they were away, dropped off another note through the letter box to see if its for sale. The car looks very straight and tidy, been there some time around three years, however has moved about in that time on the drive.

It was last on the road in 2016, the interior looks good( only through the window) and has the genuine Rover 75 Gearbox wooden handle. no tears in the leather... no scratches on the paint, tyres are getting a bit worse for wear obviously, i have no idea if it runs and is the CDT model. The headlamps are naff, frosted over after years of wind-ram dust particles frosting them, she has the forked alloys and tow bar detachable type .

I wonder if she can be saved??? i have tried twice to get in contact with family to no avail so far, and being one of the last would be shame to see it go the scrap yard..... i wonder in March what day it was registered? it could be a 8th April 2005 car the day production stopped you never know?? does anyone have any details on this Rover?
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2020, 11:20   #2
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

go knock at a neighbours and ask when the people with the 75 are around

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2020, 11:22   #3
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

I would but its 30 miles away from me... so not quite next door LOL
I never seen the people who own it...... but im going to keep on trying...straight car
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2020, 11:31   #4
snowman
Avid contributor

rover 75 tourer

Hi there looking on mot history its say it was registered on 30 march 2005 and at last mot mileage was 137 834 just for your info am sure the guys with data base info will tell you more I have a av reg as well mine was the 17 march and I to am in Birmingham so not far from you
Regards paul
snowman is offline   Reply With Quote