Notices

Old 9th February 2020, 10:21   #11
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil th Barrow View Post
........................It has come apparent that its time for you to move on to a new "project" as it appears that you've done all you can in this position. With your up coming retirement package and "gold watch" im sure you will be able to have time to task, deal, business, enterprise, strategy, job, program, design, plan, venture, activity, proposal, scheme, calculate, predict, propose, forecast, see, estimate, envisage to full fill all these other goals in life.

Ps. I don't have friends, only colleuges.
I don't have friends, only colleuges One of my realizations when I did change job.

Certainly, all this frustration is pushing me towards that situation, the main worry is that I'll have no excuse to start to clear the garage and loft then.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2020, 10:32   #12
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Yeh, and when theyt tryst sell it ow on ebay and sum on it duner, give it Dougy Mac.

Translation. Many years ago we had a clear out. Th items that didn't sell were passed on to a very appreciative charity shop. We found it a very cathartic experience indeed.

Good luck in your new venture "me owd mate"
Old 9th February 2020, 10:48   #13
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
I don't have friends, only colleuges One of my realizations when I did change job.

Certainly, all this frustration is pushing me towards that situation, the main worry is that I'll have no excuse to start to clear the garage and loft then.
"I don't have friends, only colleuges" I found this too when I left, I was a bit surprised and a bit hurt considering all the effort I had put in to help some.

spell checker does not like this "colleuges" but I cannot spell the word correctly... dyslexia rules

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2020, 14:11   #14
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

If you are not careful your disillusionment will contribute to your own discomfiture.

There's nowt you can do to affect an improvement (in your eyes) to the selection process so you are, or will become, the problem (in 'their' eyes).

Strike, while you have the financial advantage and the grace to effect a dignified withdrawal, and move on to a more fruitful and satisfying position where you can either excel or coast according to your preference. But don't regale them with that reason!

This all sounds pompous, it's not. It's from personal experience which has proven to be my own salvation - never happier.

A much respected one -time colleague told me about the 'bucket of water' fable. To whit: put your hand into a bucket of water, then take it out. You left no trace of ever having been there. All that's left of you is the influence you had on others that may or may not be remembered. Good luck.
Old 9th February 2020, 15:49   #15
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Reading all the above makes me thankful that my job was too complex for the others I worked with to understand.

I was left completely to my own devices.

The bugbear of the job was that I had to be 100% correct all of the time. The smallest mistake could be very expensive.

Slightly trying but not having to put up with other people was great compensation.

It's satisfying to work at something you like and not just being there for the money as most folk have to do.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2020, 20:12   #16
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
I wonder if the illiterate trainee is autistic. It’s kind of you to give him guidance on how to address the public and how to behave at work.
That’s a strange assumption Phil, would you care to elaborate?

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2020, 05:12   #17
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
That’s a strange assumption Phil, would you care to elaborate?
Actually it was a question and not a strange assumption.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2020, 06:23   #18
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Actually it was a question and not a strange assumption.
Ok then, that was a strange question, would you care to elaborate?

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2020, 08:22   #19
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

I worked, occasionally, in an establishment that employed 1600 staff. When offered I took the EVR aka Early Voluntary Redundancy. I was there over 20 years, made loads of friends, mates and colleagues but when I left only one has ever kept in touch.

Fred, you take the retirement package. You are still young enough to pursue a new ‘trade’ if only on a part time basis. Have a holiday then home to clear out the loft and garage. If you need any help I’ll pop along and assist.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2020, 11:33   #20
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
Ok then, that was a strange question, would you care to elaborate?
That’s a definite no from me.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote