Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th August 2020, 11:52   #11
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

The SRS has its own ecu so a code reader would point you in the right direction. After fitting the replacement coupler any active codes should move to historic and the light extinguish on its own. When removing make sure your wheels are straight ahead and hopefully the same can be said about the removal of the one you’ve bought as new ones come pre centred. You can pre centre them yourself by carefully counting the turns left and right and they should be the same.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2020, 15:02   #12
Roverlike
Avid contributor

Rover, few of them

As said above. If error is removed so the light should go off after self test on ignition.
Roverlike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2020, 15:10   #13
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
The SRS has its own ecu so a code reader would point you in the right direction. After fitting the replacement coupler any active codes should move to historic and the light extinguish on its own. When removing make sure your wheels are straight ahead and hopefully the same can be said about the removal of the one you’ve bought as new ones come pre centred. You can pre centre them yourself by carefully counting the turns left and right and they should be the same.
Thanks Mark.I have an OBD 11 code reader but the coupe is not compliant so no use.
Don't have Pscan.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2020, 19:29   #14
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Pity your not closer to a T4 operator

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2020, 15:20   #15
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Got the rotary coupling changed today and now all sorted,no more continuously lit SRS light.It also resolved the issue with the steering wheel audio controls where when you adjusted the volume it changed the radio station instead .There was no necessity to reset the light after the replacement was fitted.Thanks for the replies and especially to those who pointed me in the right direction of the culprit

Old 21st August 2020, 18:42   #16
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
Got the rotary coupling changed today and now all sorted,no more continuously lit SRS light.It also resolved the issue with the steering wheel audio controls where when you adjusted the volume it changed the radio station instead .There was no necessity to reset the light after the replacement was fitted.Thanks for the replies and especially to those who pointed me in the right direction of the culprit
Now if you had mentioned the radio issue as well I think you would have had an earlier diagnosis. Glad to hear all fixed now.
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2020, 19:13   #17
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovel View Post
Now if you had mentioned the radio issue as well I think you would have had an earlier diagnosis. Glad to hear all fixed now.
The steering wheel audio controls problem has been an issue for at least two years Gary where'as the SRS light has only started staying on recently after a few months off the road.Not being familiar with the coupling I simply didn't link the two faults.I asked the same question on the coupe owners club forum and it was only when someone asked if the audio remote controls and horn were also playing up that I was able to make the connection.You live and learn.