Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th February 2018, 01:07   #1
biffa75
Trader

Mk1 2004 tourer cdti + MK1 2003 Saloon CDT

Default Returning a sleeping 75 to the road after a year

Hi all,

Well my 75 ownership was cut short just a few months into ownership due to fuel and tax costs however a deal was struck between my parents and a car swap took place an they have owned the 75 ever since. However my parents then were granted a mobility car due to my mothers disabilities and as the 75 began showing problems and mot looming. It has subsequently been parked up for just over a year without an mot.
Its a Y plate pre-project drive 2.0v6 connie. About 10k miles before being parked up the previous owner had replaced the clutch and belts etc and was a really good example.

Anyway back to the point my parents are now wanting to get the rover back on the road for my dad and heres the issues..

Abs warning light on constant with abs tremble through the pedal whenever breaking

Central locking 'bounces' when trying to lock using the fob. Usually taking several attempts before the doors are actually locked.

Airbag warning lights on * going to check under the seats*

Knocking from front suspension believe it could be a knackered bush or ball joint. Drop links done not long before being parked.

Any ideas on these areas?.
Managed to find a good usable pair of rear lower arms at upullit with good bushes a few months ago. So rear suspension arms wont be a problem.

Havent had chance to look at the car as yet but more looking for an idea of where to start hunting first

Thanks
Rob
biffa75 is offline   Reply With Quote