Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > The Valeting Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th May 2007, 21:27   #21
nairda
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon ConnSE CDTi 2003 in luvverly Moonstone Green, van Aaken SmartBox/RoverRon Synergy

The first time I washed the car, (having only owned it since March), I rinsed with a hose, shampooed using Meguiar's lambswool mitt and two-bucket method, clayed using Sonus Green and Glyde lube, polished with Super Resin Polish, sealed with Extra Gloss Protection and finally waxed with Collinite 915. Used Meguiar's Hot Rims on the alloys, polished with Super Resin Polish and dressed the tyres with Meguiar's Endurance.

Followed the same regime the second time minus the claying. There's a good build up of wax now so I should only need to shampoo and polish for the next six months or so..

Member No. 971
nairda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2007, 21:35   #22
Ross R75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairda View Post
The first time I washed the car, (having only owned it since March), I rinsed with a hose, shampooed using Meguiar's lambswool mitt and two-bucket method, clayed using Sonus Green and Glyde lube, polished with Super Resin Polish, sealed with Extra Gloss Protection and finally waxed with Collinite 915. Used Meguiar's Hot Rims on the alloys, polished with Super Resin Polish and dressed the tyres with Meguiar's Endurance.

Followed the same regime the second time minus the claying. There's a good build up of wax now so I should only need to shampoo and polish for the next six months or so..
Remember that every time you use the Super Resin polish (SRP) it will remove the wax that you'd applied previously. There's generally no need to use polish unless the paint has faded or you are trying to remove defects. The Collinite you're using is great stuff for winter time. I use it then as its very hard wearing.

The Optimum Car Wax (OCW) that I mentioned earlier would be perfect for your colour of paint. Using that and after washing, it'll take you 20 minutes to achieve the same finish you have now, only each time you do it the depth and reflections will get better and better as the OCW doesn't remove previous layers like SRP does.

If anybody does decide to use OCW, don't follow the instructions on the bottle, there's a better way. Use 2 microfibre cloths or if you don't have these, terry cloths will do. Spray a small amount of product onto the panel you're working on and use a cloth to spread it over the whole panel. Wait for it to haze over than remove immediately with the other cloth. The results are astonishing.
Old 17th May 2007, 22:18   #23
fraser656
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Smile Car Detailing

I have just bought a new toy for cleaning my car from "Clean Your Car Care Products", The Gilmour Foamaster and i just wondered if any of you here have used this gun before and if so what you thought of the results.
Fraser656.
fraser656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2007, 22:25   #24
Ross R75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraser656 View Post
I have just bought a new toy for cleaning my car from "Clean Your Car Care Products", The Gilmour Foamaster and i just wondered if any of you here have used this gun before and if so what you thought of the results.
Fraser656.
This one: http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washin.../prod_329.html

Never used one but the "snow foam" method is a good way to go when washing your car. It removes all the little grit particles that cause swirling. Even the best lambswool mitts can't grab every single one of these particles. Cover the car with foam and then wait 5 minutes before washing using the 2 bucket method. You couldn't do better for your paintwork.