Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd December 2007, 19:20   #1
andycolm
Regular poster

Ztt

Default Diamondbrite type alternative?

No longer a member.

Last edited by andycolm; 26th December 2010 at 15:24..
andycolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2007, 19:26   #2
empsburna
Gets stuck in

Other Manufacturer

Hi Andy,

The best finish for the least effort...

2 layers of collinite wax (from www.cleanyourcar.co.uk)
after washing a few squirts of megs quick detailer before you dry

repeat when you need to!

this finish will last for at least 6 months.

Diamondbrite is a tougher version of Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection (well, much of a muchness!)
empsburna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2007, 08:20   #3
AURORA MG
Banned

(EX)-ZT-T190SE in Aurora.

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by andycolm View Post
I know this isnt the greatest stuff out there, but I had my first ZT done with this for free, and got a small bottle of both polish and conserver, which I have used on the ZTT with quite good results although I have now run out.
Does anyone know of an alternative to the conserver type stuff to chuck in water and wipe over the car with after washing without drying in between and no polishing afterwards? Just to get me through winter as I am not polishing in this weather for anyone!
Thanks Andy
I am a Professional valeter & apply the Diamondbrite process www.exv-mobile.co.uk & if it is applied properly which at most dealers is not then it works very well. When I apply it I am FAR more thorough than any garage will ever be!!
I often wash my cars using the shampoo & conditioner which gives a very good result but you must mix the conserver in the water properly otherwise it will smear.
Most car shampoo's are much the same to be honest & when I do a Diamondbrite application I allways explain to the customer how to use the aftercare pack & state that it is a years supply assuming it is used once a month. I go on to say that if you are like me & want to wash the car more often then use any shampoo from Halfords etc but NEVER go to the cheap drive in or automated car wash services.
Replacement aftercare packs can be purchaced from Jewelultra Diamondbrite at £15.99.

To assist in the drying of the car I would recomend using the Autoglym red flexi-blade which is also £15.99.

Last edited by AURORA MG; 6th December 2007 at 08:23..
AURORA MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2007, 08:52   #4
empsburna
Gets stuck in

Other Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora ZT-T View Post
To assist in the drying of the car I would recomend using the Autoglym red flexi-blade which is also £15.99.
I would avoid using those blades unless you can be 100% sure the car is clean even then a single grain of dirt can cause a lot of damage when dragged across the paintwork.

I would spend the money on a double pack of sonus waffle weave drying towels. (and even then there is a technique to drying!)

IMHO diamondbrite and the like is just a gimmick, a decent sealant/wax applied every few months and washed with a good quality shampoo will give a much better finish.
empsburna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2007, 19:08   #5
AURORA MG
Banned

(EX)-ZT-T190SE in Aurora.

Quote:
Originally Posted by empsburna View Post
I would avoid using those blades unless you can be 100% sure the car is clean even then a single grain of dirt can cause a lot of damage when dragged across the paintwork.

I would spend the money on a double pack of sonus waffle weave drying towels. (and even then there is a technique to drying!)

IMHO diamondbrite and the like is just a gimmick, a decent sealant/wax applied every few months and washed with a good quality shampoo will give a much better finish.
If the car is rinsed properly you won't have a problem with a blade. I have a very fussy customer with a £176,000 Bentley & I use it on his car, In fact I sold him another for him to use when I'm not about.

The main bonus with the Diamondbrite product is the guarantee/warranty. You won't get this from a normal polish which won't nessesarialy give any better results plus the Diamondbrite scotchgaurds the interior & you can't get this from a car spares shop. Technically it's an insurance policy for your car's well-being!!
AURORA MG is offline   Reply With Quote