Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > The Valeting Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th May 2007, 19:04   #1
tourerfogey
Banned

Default Car washing

Anyone tried these?

You're supposed to be able to wash your car with these without using water. I don't recommend this, but I have found these wipes are excellent for wiping the car over once you have washed it with soap and water. So much easier than using a leather and they remove any remaining water marks to leave a very good, clean, spotless finish.
They cost about £4 for a pack of ten wipes and I use 3 wipes each time I wash the car.
tourerfogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2007, 21:28   #2
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Awww bless! Baby wipes for our other babies
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2007, 21:37   #3
nairda
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon ConnSE CDTi 2003 in luvverly Moonstone Green, van Aaken SmartBox/RoverRon Synergy

My brother rates Armor All for restoring his tyres. I would think that a good rinse before using something like those wipes would be better for the paint. Wouldn't want to wipe a grit impregnated cloth over the paint!

Personally, a good rinse with the hose followed by a shampoo using the two bucket method and a lambswool mitt is the way to go. Dry using a good quality waffle weave microfibre cloth followed by a coat or two of Autoglym Super Resin Polish.

I could go into detail about clay, sealants and waxes, but it's probably been covered elsewhere!

Member No. 971
nairda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2007, 23:21   #4
Ross R75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairda View Post
My brother rates Armor All for restoring his tyres. I would think that a good rinse before using something like those wipes would be better for the paint. Wouldn't want to wipe a grit impregnated cloth over the paint!

Personally, a good rinse with the hose followed by a shampoo using the two bucket method and a lambswool mitt is the way to go. Dry using a good quality waffle weave microfibre cloth followed by a coat or two of Autoglym Super Resin Polish.

I could go into detail about clay, sealants and waxes, but it's probably been covered elsewhere!
Amen to that, a man after my own heart. These cars deserve a sound detailing regime. Anybody washing with a sponge or dare I say it, a brush deserves twenty lashes and a sound talking to IMO.
Old 5th May 2007, 00:17   #5
BMC123
Posted a thing or two

2004 1.8 Connoisseur SE, 1999 XJ8

I bought a lambswool mitt off fleabay a while back, and I have as yet not been able to wash the car with it. mainly as my father gets there before me ! he loves it, and wonders why we never used them before as they make washing the car so much easier.
Old 6th May 2007, 18:28   #6
Z135T
Avid contributor

MG ZT 135+

Wife,washes, polishes,hoovers it and cleans the wheel spotlessly I think it's called ELBOW GREASE.
Z135T is offline   Reply With Quote