Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th December 2018, 21:53   #151
marinabrian
Not Walter Softy ;)

A few too many

Thanked 7,442 Times in 4,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Quote by SCARAMANGA.---

Many "non subscribers" give plenty of advice and help and have even subscribed in the past, so I think the term 'free riders' is a bit unfriendly to those in 'blue' who contribute to our keeping these wonderful motors on the road and the marque alive.

What I find a problem with as a BLUE is I no longer have the ability to post pictures when trying to help other members with their mechanical problems. As folk say---A picture is often worth a thousand words. Other blues must find the same thing. How this ban on pics helps the members of the forum when in need of help beats me.

It's NOT a restriction on me but simply on those needing help. Very strange.----

Otherwise I'd be more than happy to be light blue, I reckon the club has had enough fiscal input from me in the past
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to marinabrian For This Useful Post:
Old 11th December 2018, 21:54   #152
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
I am a member of several clubs/forums for the Rover 75 MGZT. I post on all of them, some of the others are free, you have as much PM space as you like, post as many photo's as you like, the moderation is not so strict as in certain jibes which can sometime be offensive, but as with all forums you should be well mannered to those whom post, and surely you should get that back, if not then don't post on a thread that a person gets up your nose or offends you.

I chose to pay the £10 because it is useful to me when posting any photo's or if I wanted to purchase, or even sell a part I know longer need, and that is the way it should be a choice, you should not be made to feel you are obliged to subscribe.

In fact if I am doing a long how to I do it on another forum first, as it is easier to check and edit the photo's as I go along, then I use that as a copy and paste for here.

It is just a shame the other forum as little foot fall, but I know at least 85% of the members on here are on the other forum to, we must remember that a forum/club can only be as good as its members/users allow it to be.

Any forum can and will most likely stop being popular if they lose the main knowledgeable well informed people about these cars, and another thing to remember is not one persons knows everything so sharing is a must for anyone to learn, weather you gain that by looking in on forums if you have not paid or paid there is no difference.

Those that post and share their knowledge I would say do so because they want to.

As stated above you can gain access to everything on this forum from another forum if you so desired to visit it, or google a certain problem.

Enjoy while it lasts, even better those in different areas do as we did in the midlands and get together in real life and help each other out.
Mr Arctic.

My thanks button has expired.--

However thank you for posting such a sensible and well thought out post.

Maybe, just maybe the team running this forum can see the wisdom in your words.
All things can be improved and some of the things you say could be used to make this forum more efficient and better for all its members.

Old 11th December 2018, 22:05   #153
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Just pay in pounds John, and anyone else for that matter, and let paypal do the maths.........or not, which is a shame because I love your giraffe avatar
Unfortunately I live where I live and every day and in every way I'm getting poorer and poorer.

I wonder if I could get a sub from the forum to breath life back into my Giraffe----
Old 11th December 2018, 22:13   #154
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

I have to say this thread has been a bit of a laugh with not a drop of blood spilled along the way.

Credit to all those who have subscribed to something that has now reached over 150 posts.------Amazing.--

( back in a moment as I'm just putting away the hand-cuffs, balls and chains and garrottes as they look like they are not going to be needed. )
Old 11th December 2018, 22:19   #155
marinabrian
Not Walter Softy ;)

A few too many

Thanked 7,442 Times in 4,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Unfortunately I live where I live and every day and in every way I'm getting poorer and poorer.

I wonder if I could get a sub from the forum to breath life back into my Giraffe----
I wouldn't hold you breath John

There should be more posting rights for registered users, perhaps photographs and avatars could be extended, without the ability to post for sale ads and what have you.

As has been pointed out, there are people who are quite willing to help others out, but for whatever reason do not subscribe, whether this be for financial reasons or otherwise.

I for one don't see any difference in the value of the opinions, or contributions of fellow owners based upon their subscription level.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2018, 00:03   #156
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGJohn View Post
In my opinion, which is often against the majority of the rest of the flock, anyone who baulks at parting with a mere ten quid for this facility and its multiplicity of benefits does not even qualify for the accusation poor form cheapskate.

So pay dem dues dude...

Just my opinion of course... other opinions are available and .. allowed even for cheapskates....
How could you Mr MGJOHN ????

Calling one of your ardent helpers a CHEAPSKATE.---

Colvert.-----