Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th December 2018, 17:06   #11
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
A total disregard for other peoples property, that is my ZT and TF now with door dings.

If I ever see this happen, my door will not be the only thing that gets a dinging, I can tell ya.

I myself will now no longer be careful when opening my car door, if you cant beat them, join them.

What goes around, comes around... as they say.
but bear in mind, the car you may not be careful with, could be a car owned and driven by a careful driver.

I know how you feel and how sickening it is.
I do what I can to minimise the risk, parallel park, end space parking, two space parking, park on the top floor or other end of car park

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2018, 17:34   #12
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

I do all the parking away from other cars routine as well but still came back to the driver's door mirror hanging by the wire one day.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2018, 17:57   #13
Scaramanga
I really should get out more.......

Firefrost 75 CDTi Conn SE manual Tourer

This guy is prepared!

Upon parking he drops them all around his car
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (12.0 KB, 147 views)
3. Midnight Blue 2.5 V6 auto Saloon- 'The 5th Gear Car' - Now owned by another forum member
4. Firefrost CDTi manual Tourer
Lee

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scaramanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2018, 18:08   #14
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

I had this happen while sitting in my old ZT at a services on the M6 eating a sandwich.

A new Land Rover Discovery pulled up and the driver got out clouting her door off mine in the process, I wound the window down to see a nice new crease in the door and her answer to my complaint was, "what are you bothered about it's only an old car".

I replied you are right, it's only an old car, as I repeatedly opened the drivers door as hard as I could manage clashing it off her car to return the favour in spades........I still remember how long it took me to fair up the edge of the door skin with a dolly, and paint in the edge with a touch up stick, but it certainly cost me less than the mess I left the door of her car in

Even now if I have to park closer than I'd like to someone else's car, I wrap my fingers around the door edge, to ensure I don't mark the car I'm parking next too, and I point blank refuse to park next to a car which is patently uncared for.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2018, 19:04   #15
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Sadly, I've actually had to have a few stern words with one of the teachers at my daughters school before. I didnt know she was a teacher not until my daughter said, I didn't even know it was a female until I got out of my car.

But, one morning I was sat in my ZT parked in the school car park, when a car parked up next to me in the space beside me. The next thing I hear is a bang which I felt through the car, I turned and saw this person getting out of their car with their door open which has obviously just hit my passenger door.

I jumped out of my car yelling what the hell are you doing... and before I could even finish my sentence, she only opens up her rear door which also hits my car. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!, she actually hits my car twice, first with her drivers door and then with her rear door. As she hears my voice she jumps out of her skin, she obviously didn't know I was there. I asked her could she please explain what she just did, but all she could say was sorry, I'm so sorry.

I did explain she would be paying for the damage, you better get your purse out love... Thankfully there was no indentations to my bodywork, just two scuffs which I managed to t-cut out. But the nerve of the women, the careless attitude of opening her car doors onto other peoples cars, not once, but twice... Unbelievable.

Last edited by Dallas; 12th December 2018 at 19:07..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2018, 19:26   #16
Rogue

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

As others i always park mine way away from anyone else at the supermarket etc but came back to the door actually dented in on the back edge of the front offside door. If i didn't know better i would have assumed my door had been opened onto something solid but as i'm the only driver i think i would have known if i had done it. I used this pic only due to the reflections from the light showing it up more than a daytime shot but I can only assume a 4wd or similar considering the height where it was hit. Fortunately the paint wasn't damaged and it is probably in a relatively easy place to get it straight again but still really frustrating

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2018, 21:29   #17
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2018, 22:11   #18
RoyalBlue75
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Trouble is most folk now essentially rent 'their' car as they want the latest model. Gone are the times where a car was paid for with hard earned money, kept and cherrished. Now, like everything else they are just another 'disposable item'

Hence the couldn't give a toss attitude.

What a lot of people entering into PCP contracts don’t realise is that many of them make no allowance for ‘fair wear and tear’. Moreover, any touching up or repairs must be done by the dealer. £££. Most cars after 3 years will have a few scuffs and dings.
RoyalBlue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2018, 22:23   #19
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post

Almost twins!!!
Old 12th December 2018, 22:47   #20
T16

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

If I ever catch anyone damaging my car, my reaction will be to go straight over to theirs, and literally kick the **** out of a few of their doors and panels.

Don't give a monkeys about any consequences, about time the ignorant idiots of the UK learned a few lessons.

Having said that, Rover 75's generally look like old wrecks now, so in some respects people likely think you dont care about your car much either if people see you driving one.

So swings and roundabouts I guess.

Generally I park where I like, more often than not in the silly "family" spaces or whatever at the supermarkets. Either that or over 2 spaces slightly further away. No dramas up in Scotland where we are not rammed in like sardines everywhere, I can imagine down south it would be enough to give some people a stroke/nervous breakdown. People getting all irate over a few painted lines on the ground really makes me laugh. Small things for small minds and all that. Ive noticed that down south a lot of in town supermarket car parks are just too busy to do the above.

Last edited by T16; 12th December 2018 at 22:51..
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote