Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th December 2007, 17:09   #11
podge
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Tourer CDT CLUB SE Copper Red Mica Dec 01 ....now deceased....replaced by2003 Royal Blue T

Small world T-CUT I used to be a parabolic man but now I'm an APO! and like the other Pete my other pride and joy a 69B-GT too suffers from the dreaded scratched drop glass. G etting back to the thread, a guy I knew at Pilkington's allways reckoned there was a chance that heavy polishing would create stresses in the toughened surface, so the glass might then shatter at any time.Peter.
podge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 12:38   #12
John Kelly

Rover 75 saloon

Default scratched glass

yes mate,exact same problem as yourself,see my thread(13/12/07)
It's blooming frustrating and the noise is excrutiating sometimes.How strange it only happens on front windows!Let me know if you sort it,and how you sort it.I am actually thinking now of buying a scrap door(appx £50) and practising taking inner panel off and replacing,till i am confident i can do same on my own car.Plus,i will have a decent replacement pane to swop.Regards,John
John Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 15:15   #13
mayor
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi

I managed to scratch the windscreen by using a plastic kitchen scoring pad which I didn't think was possible. Tried the toothpaste remedy but no good I only ended up making a white mess which took ages to clean off but the scratches only show in bright sunlight so I will have to live with it I guess
mayor is offline   Reply With Quote