Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd May 2017, 13:06   #1
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

Default Stunning Facelift CDTi Rover 75 Saloon *** SOLD ***

Car now sold - thanks to all who expressed an interest.

If anybody on the mainland wants to buy this car I'd be more than happy to bring it over to either Liverpool or Cairnryan on the ferry at cost.

Fully serviced less than a 1000 miles ago, all fluids and filters changed, (including the oft missed pcv filter.)

Only selling as swbo has bought another member's car in the colour and spec she'd been wanting from day 1 but couldn't find. This car has had an awful lot of money spent on it to bring it to ''my'' vision of how one of these should look.

I'd like to sell this car before the first of June as that's when her replacement is available BUT I don't need to sell it, and will happily keep it until the asking price is met. I'll be honest, it breaks my heart to sell this at this price, as it cost £1500 before a penny was spent in improvements, but in addition to the car she's just bought there's also the daily drivers (a tourer and a V6) competing for drive space so something has to go.

Unmarked embossed headrests.

Auto dim mirror and rain sensor wipers

FIVE Serpents ALL refurbed by Polished Alloys in Dundonald less than 500 miles ago complete with new OEM centre caps from Rimmer Brothers.

Rear blind and sunroof both weren't working when we got the car so motors were replaced and now work perfectly. I also have a spare motor and a spare rear blind and motor which I bought to future proof the car which will come with it.

Sunroof drain mod done, no leaking whatsoever.

Gear knob from Bastelman on the OC, hand made from solid walnut, cost £100. OEM Walnut handbrake sleeve. Other walnut and chrome trim from Simon in Bulgaria.

Full paint detailing by Bangor Car Detailing (more pictures of this car on their Facebook page) costing over £200.

Front Calipers (in the last two months) and Engine cover (about three or four months ago) professionally painted by Ivan at the Dent Doctor in Newtownards, another £150.

Clutch replaced less than a year ago with Borg & Beck clutch kit from Mat Price at DMGRS, kit was £200 + labour as much again.

Full PPD real wood dash fitted. The car had a light oak dash and sandstone leather seats when it was bought, but the seats weren't great and the light oak looked plastic so the seats were replaced with a set of black leather and piping in exceptional condition. There's a slight out of sight tear on the drivers seat cushion. I have another cover (complete with new foam pad) which I haven't got round to fitting yet, but can go with the car.

MG7 rear lights cost £150, fitted very recently, at the same time the rear lights benifitted from a seat of jezzer1's rear light seals - there's no water leaks at all.

Gold resistor fitted.

Full set of Heko wind defelctors.

New front disks, new brake pads front and back, new brake shoes. I was going to replace the rear disks as well but the mechanic simply refused to do it as the ones on her were unmarked.

Both front springs were replaced when one snapped last year.

Rear number plate light board replaced with DMGRs numberplate lamp assembly.

Completely Waxoyled in August by CTS in Comber.

Plenums are bone dry.

Two fully functional original keys.

PPD document wallet

Under seat connectors professionally refitted so NO annoying airbag warning light when the seats are moved.

There's loads of other little things been done to improve this car.

Bad points.

It has a small dent in the front passenger door. The paint wasn't damaged, the dent can only be seen in a certain light and from a certain angle. I had intended to get it repaired because I know it's there, but in truth, you'd have to be as OCD as me to spend the £50 I've been quoted to have it ''sucked out''

The rear driver's side doorcard is loose after a couple of clips broke. I have new clips, I'll include them too. I'd also take the drivers door card off and put it back on as there's a very slight rattle from it when the car is at idle. Again, depends if you're OCD.

Mechanically perfect, the car drives as well, if not better than the day it left the factory, there's no smoke from the exhaust and no problems with the running temperature at all.

125,247 miles on the clock, MOT until March 2018, only done a few hundred miles since the last MOT as it was being prepared for a trip to Longbridge. I had intended to bring the car to POL but poor health ruled me out.

I had a very long to do list with this car when she got it. If we were keeping it, all that remains on that list is a 160 remap

Car is in Comber where it can be viewed and test driven. T4 diagnostics returns NO faults whatsoever but you're more than welcome to get any diagnostics you want run on it at your convenience.

The car also has a set of Premium OEM mats (£100 from Rimmer Brothers) that have been protected since new by a set of Halfrauds all weather plastic mats so are unmarked - these have the Rover logo on both front mats.

I've also replaced the facelift front grille badge with a brand new MK1 badge because it's just classier in my humble opinion.

PM me any questions through here and we'll take it from there.

£1650 as she sits and with the spares listed below. If you don't want the MG7 lights I have the originals and can replace them and reduce the price by their used value (£100) as I'll be getting a set for the new car anyway.

NOTE: The car will come with an unmarked black leather Rover steering wheel and airbag.

If you need more pictures I'm worried about you, but feel free to ask and I'll oblige

Last edited by Rooney; 25th May 2017 at 18:24.. Reason: Car has sold.
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 12:00   #2
Rooney
Suspended

Chris

I can't reply as your inbox is full so I'll answer here:

1) The rear seats are immaculate, I'll get a photo up later.

2) The cheapest way would be Cairnryan, it'd cost less than a hundred quid to get it to you there. There'd be no problem driving it back to Leicester, the car doesn't miss a beat. You can price up the cost of delivery to Liverpool using the link below. Remember though, it's a car and driver one way, and a foot passenger the other.

http://www.stenaline.co.uk/ferries-to-britain

3) I've had a lot of interest but nobody has been to see it yet.
Old 25th May 2017, 18:14   #3
Rooney
Suspended

Car sold today to the first person who came to view it at the full asking price with a few quid handed back for the diesel to get him home.

Best bit, it sold to a fellow forum member, a true gent called Pat who it was a pleasure to meet.

If a mod could amend the title I'd be grateful.