Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th May 2017, 06:54   #1
T16
I really should get out more.......

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Default BMW Mk4 Sat Nav + Buttons not working

Ive an issue thats been driving me MENTAL for as long as Ive had this car...

Its a large 16:9 BMW Alpine job up front, Mk4 SatNav, Original Rover Radio unit and analogue TV Tuner...

Everything works as it should, apart from INFO, SELECT, and the fast forward buttons on the monitor.

Now, dont get me wrong, the buttons change CD Track, but holding them down does NOT give me the fast forward function.

I read that the Mk4 satnav expects a BM54 Radio, and hence you can have button problems, has anyone else had this issue and found a way to solve it?

Incidentally, I already have a nice MG splash screen on start up, if it came down to reflashing the firmware on the Satnav, is there a way to download or save the original splash screen off the satnav before reflashing?

THe not being able to skip through CD songs has been driving me literally insane, and its time to sort it, so if anyone has any information on what to do, Im all ears!!
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2017, 19:20   #2
scoubix
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5L V6 auto Connoisseur, "Dealer Launch" LHD / MG ZT-T 260 auto

Is your widescreen unit the one with the tape player, or built-in CD drive?
If the latter, then you do need a BM54 to drive it. There's no workaround to it.
If yours has the tape player, then in theory it should work with the original radio tuner or a BM24 one, though it's not been designed for that combination.