Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5th March 2011, 13:21   #1
<James|Rover>
Regular poster

Jaguar S Type

Default Clutch problem on a Diesel MGZT

Help please (on behalf of my local garage!)
I took the car in because the clutch started slipping and it became difficult to get in to gear. They stated a new clutch was required. Then I got a call stating that it needed a new master cylinder.
So I got the car back. However after 5 minutes driving the initial clutch problem was worse than ever. So I took it back. They worked on it (bleeding etc apparently) and again they gave it back to me only for me to very quickly run into the same problem and have to return it to them again 10 minutes later. This to-ing and fro-ing has happened about 4 times now. The last time the chap said the instructions on the cylinder stated not to bleed it, but he has had to several times now apparently. Also he said that its difficult to get access to it - he says he is having to use a syringe and tubing. Having just been given it again and just tried it again now the clutch is virtually non existant and its impossible to get into gear and wont "go out" or disengage the drive properly hence it stalls (does this make sense?!). He is at a total loss... not sure where this leaves me either as so far we have a new clutch and master cylinder installed and paid for.

Does this sound a familiar problem/issue at all?

Any ideas would be hugely appreciated.
Cheers, James

|pm | profile |
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
<James|Rover> is offline   Reply With Quote