Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th December 2016, 10:54   #561
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robti View Post
Changed my card reader and now have a 64gb card working with video and music files
Care to share a bit more info.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2016, 17:09   #562
Robti
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 190+,Rover 800 vitesse coupe

A few weeks ago I tried a 64gb card and it wasn't recognised by the radio, so after asking you I bought a 32gb one and it seemed to work fine, but when trying another card for a satellite machine I had I kept getting errors, so as my card reader was a really old basic one I splashed out on a Kingston one and then tried the 64gb one again, the new card reader said that it needed formatted, so formatted ntfs instead of fat and after that I created a couple of folders 'music & video' added around 20gb of flac music files and a 19gb video file and for the last few days they have been playing fine
Old 20th December 2016, 17:31   #563
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robti View Post
A few weeks ago I tried a 64gb card and it wasn't recognised by the radio, so after asking you I bought a 32gb one and it seemed to work fine, but when trying another card for a satellite machine I had I kept getting errors, so as my card reader was a really old basic one I splashed out on a Kingston one and then tried the 64gb one again, the new card reader said that it needed formatted, so formatted ntfs instead of fat and after that I created a couple of folders 'music & video' added around 20gb of flac music files and a 19gb video file and for the last few days they have been playing fine
Thanks for sharing.

I wonder if the NTFS formatting allowed the 64GB card to be read, NTFS is a more modern file system compared to the old FAT32, and exFAT.

You will be able to create larger files than 4GB when using NTFS, as FAT32 has limits upto 4GB.
Old 31st December 2016, 09:57   #564
Daveluck
Gets stuck in

75 saloon 2.0 diesel

Still working fine with no problems what so ever!

Has anybody been brave enough to try and get to the latest / later version of Android?
Daveluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2016, 10:51   #565
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveluck View Post
Still working fine with no problems what so ever!

Has anybody been brave enough to try and get to the latest / later version of Android?
That is great news .

My units are all running perfect, also friends and family who had bought them, no one can believe the price they paid, its still mind blowing. Not seen the same promotion repeated though, even when checking all the other China wholesale sites.

Dave, I reckon member 'fega72' will be able to confirm if there is an android 5.1 or 6.0 update. Its worth reading on the xda-developers website, there is a wealth of info on there relating to these units.
Old 31st December 2016, 11:54   #566
Daveluck
Gets stuck in

75 saloon 2.0 diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post

Dave, I reckon member 'fega72' will be able to confirm if there is an android 5.1 or 6.0 update. Its worth reading on the xda-developers website, there is a wealth of info on there relating to these units.
I did try the XDA forum...but it was all way above my head.

Mind you I was looking for " here's a robustly tested download, that we 110% guarantee will not brick our device that just needs to be put on a stick and plugged into your unit".

That's what I want but I'll never happen. There are always risks I suppose.

I'm after the update so I can use the tom tom sat nav app. I've currently got sygic and while its OK I'm struggling a bit with the interface. Its not really that easy to navigate around....oh dear,
Daveluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2016, 13:30   #567
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveluck View Post
I did try the XDA forum...but it was all way above my head.

Mind you I was looking for " here's a robustly tested download, that we 110% guarantee will not brick our device that just needs to be put on a stick and plugged into your unit".

That's what I want but I'll never happen. There are always risks I suppose.

I'm after the update so I can use the tom tom sat nav app. I've currently got sygic and while its OK I'm struggling a bit with the interface. Its not really that easy to navigate around....oh dear,
I installed Android 6.0 on my CUBOT Note mobile phone last week, all very straightforward, took me less than 10mins. The firmware download was already on the manufactures website, the easiest way was to download to the MEGA cloud storage app, and then to my phones SD card. The phone has built in OTA (over the air update), but the update wasn't showing, so I had to perform the task manually.

Once these manufactures release the update, or these clever developers have written and released the software upgrade, its a case of downloading to the device's SD card, or sometimes you may need to download to your PC, then flash the firmware using a third-party client piece of software.

I've flashed firmware several times over the years, and I haven't bricked a phone or tablet yet, lets hope it stays that way. I will have a good read over the next few days and see what I can find out, I may just try the upgrade on the spare unit I have, its only a £200 unit that cost just £25 after all. lol
Old 31st December 2016, 14:08   #568
GordyB
Gets stuck in

ZT, ZT-T

A little off topic but somewhere in the 57 pages of this thread there was a link to a WINCE unit at lightinthebox for £50 - I bought one of those and have today got it in the car properly, almost, the sharp eyed will see the top right corner isn't sitting quite right yet but it's enough for today.

Couple of pictures

Radio working

Satnav

So, my questions to anyone else who bought this unit or who's had a WINCE unit before, is there an online manual somewhere as I'm fumbling around without instructions. Specifically after 10 minutes of playing, my first issue is I can't get it to save the fm stations. Buttons on screen along the bottom and the 3 FM settings should mean I can store 18 stations. I've tried everything to get it to store them.
Also, should the radio or music player cut out when on satnav?
Not tried to pair my iphone to it yet so may have more questions.......

Thanks

2001 Connie SE Raven Black, CDT - scrapped
2004 ZT-T+ XPG, 1.8T - sold
2002 ZT+ Biomorphic Supertallic #2 of 10, CDT - sold
2004 ZT-T+ Goodwood Aquamarine, CDT - sold
2004 BMW 320d
GordyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2016, 18:51   #569
Dallas
This is my second home

Looks good.

Does the unit store the stations at first when selecting and holding the buttons, but will not memorize them after switching the unit off?

Have you tried touching and holding the desired button for 3 or more seconds to store each radio station?

I'm sure you already know this, but have you connected the Power+ yellow wire, and the ACC+ red wire around the correct way, so your yellow wire is supplying constant power for the memory?
Old 1st January 2017, 11:20   #570
fega72
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
That is great news .

My units are all running perfect, also friends and family who had bought them, no one can believe the price they paid, its still mind blowing. Not seen the same promotion repeated though, even when checking all the other China wholesale sites.

Unfortunately there is no android 5.1 or 6 update. The latest version is android 4.2.
fega72 is offline   Reply With Quote