Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th March 2019, 19:01   #11
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
Seems I did wrongly assume, sorry.

However, not withstanding the rest of your lengthy post I stand by the rest. For Matt it's a decision that he's upfront about and always has been.

Unlike the other shyster 'trader' you try to drag into the discussion. Matt does publish his business address and details and operate from the UK. There's no worthwhile comparison.

I'd much prefer anyone I hire to do a job... to do that job without distraction (or doing other business on my penny).

It also occurs to me this question.

How do you know that you've never missed an email?? If you'd missed it you'd only know if someone else told you. The fact that no-one has just means that no-one has told you that you've missed an email - not that you have never missed one....

Which is why in 1876 a chap called Alexander Graham Bell decided to invent the telephone after noticing the general public complaining that some businesses weren't responding to their emails and were thus at a loss as to how to make a simple initially polite enquiry to their suppliers.

And in regards to your earlier observation that I or others should only use businesses that advertise a phone number if we felt that was a required provision.

In this instance as in presumably most instances when items are ordered over the internet I only started looking for alternative means of communication when said item failed to appear.

Not to lambast the supplier, but to make an innocuous enquiry and to alert the supplier that the item hadn't arrived in case the supplier was unaware that there may be a problem which of course it subsequently turned out there was with the non arrival of two orders sent out that have still failed to appear to this day. ( as explained earlier I have received a refund)

If a supplier then fails to respond to the only form of communication provided what do you suggest that a customer does?

Just give a shrug of the shoulders and put it down to experience? Well if people wish to do that with their money thats up to them but to volunteer on here the loss of others cash and express astonishment at complaints of a lack of phone number is quite frankly an uninvited cheek.

Call me old school but when I pay for items I expect them to arrive or the supplier to respond to whichever communication channels that they provide and not leave customers having to use the totally inappropriate and unprofessional medium of a public car discussion forum.

I repeat...... my beef is not now with the vendor in my case who settled his committments shortly after being roused on here but by the number of people who were not involved in the transaction, had not failed to receive my ordered goods, had not been ignored by email, and not had to join a thread on here from another customer who was suffering the same experience... who thought ( and presumably still do) that it was a jolly bad show for someone to question the lack of a reliable communication channel and that said purchaser had a cheek moaning about not receiving the order that had been paid for, they then felt quite entitled to pitch in to make clear their thoughts on that matter.

As mentioned the chief proponent of this theory in an act of unmitigated hypocrisy is still whining at every oppportunity about not receiving goods that they ordered from another supplier based in Canada.

Its the ultimate irony given their unsolicited strident views expressed about mine and others similar situations.

Perhaps the poster should have checked for a phone number before ordering just like your advice.
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2019, 19:34   #12
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendrick View Post
Which is why in 1876 a chap called Alexander Graham Bell decided to invent the telephone after noticing the general public complaining that some businesses weren't responding to their emails and were thus at a loss as to how to make a simple initially polite enquiry to their suppliers.

And in regards to your earlier observation that I or others should only use businesses that advertise a phone number if we felt that was a required provision.

In this instance as in presumably most instances when items are ordered over the internet I only started looking for alternative means of communication when said item failed to appear.

Not to lambast the supplier, but to make an innocuous enquiry and to alert the supplier that the item hadn't arrived in case the supplier was unaware that there may be a problem which of course it subsequently turned out there was with the non arrival of two orders sent out that have still failed to appear to this day. ( as explained earlier I have received a refund)

If a supplier then fails to respond to the only form of communication provided what do you suggest that a customer does?

Just give a shrug of the shoulders and put it down to experience? Well if people wish to do that with their money thats up to them but to volunteer on here the loss of others cash and express astonishment at complaints of a lack of phone number is quite frankly an uninvited cheek.

Call me old school but when I pay for items I expect them to arrive or the supplier to respond to whichever communication channels that they provide and not leave customers having to use the totally inappropriate and unprofessional medium of a public car discussion forum.

I repeat...... my beef is not now with the vendor in my case who settled his committments shortly after being roused on here but by the number of people who were not involved in the transaction, had not failed to receive my ordered goods, had not been ignored by email, and not had to join a thread on here from another customer who was suffering the same experience... who thought ( and presumably still do) that it was a jolly bad show for someone to question the lack of a reliable communication channel and that said purchaser had a cheek moaning about not receiving the order that had been paid for, they then felt quite entitled to pitch in to make clear their thoughts on that matter.

As mentioned the chief proponent of this theory in an act of unmitigated hypocrisy is still whining at every oppportunity about not receiving goods that they ordered from another supplier based in Canada.

Its the ultimate irony given their unsolicited strident views expressed about mine and others similar situations.

Perhaps the poster should have checked for a phone number before ordering just like your advice.
I do understand- and fully empathise with your concern. If it helps - I have learned that Matt is not the equivalent of Europarts or an online Halfords.

It is far simpler than that.

But the opportunity cost of dealing with someone who does not employ lots of minions is that those same minions are not there to pander to every contact request.

Having accepted the fact that I am not dealing with someone who permanently sits in front of a screen or with a phone attached to their ear - I have not been disappointed with the service or the product quality from DMGS.

The sweets are a bonus ......
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2019, 19:51   #13
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
He actually invented it as a device to help his Deaf wife hear. He lived and taught in Elgin three miles from here
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2019, 07:42   #14
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:

I'll not take the above seriously at all.

Quote:

More fool you as they say, if that is an actual requirement of yours.

Quote:

Here we go again - defending against something no-one is accusing anyone of...

Quote:

So in this case : order on the 21st (time unknown)- delivery time of 5 working days (as published under shipping details) and on the early morning of the 5th working day expect an immediate answer to an email? then post on a public forum straight away? How much time was given for the business to respond??....zero.

Quote:

We all expect goods to arrive when we pay for them - in or around the stated delivery time though. If they don't then we contact the supplier by the means available and await an answer. Your last sentence is totally out of order - It's not the suppliers fault if the customer is hasty or impatient.

Quote:

I repeat...... my beef

Let's not bother raking over your history.

Quote:

As mentioned the chief proponent of this theory in an act of unmitigated hypocrisy

Or your disagreements with others.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2019, 07:57   #15
cbr1100xx
Gets stuck in

VW touareg

Can we not have a bickering section added to the forum so we don't have to read about it on normal posts?
Gets a bit boring after a while
Old 28th March 2019, 08:31   #16
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

There is this new invention called an answering machine . Many small businesses I know use such devices. They have an appropriate message on the machine that tells the caller that all calls will be answered within the working day. The small business owners that I know review and answer messages first thing in the morning, at mid-day, and at the end of the afternoon. These are people who work all-day on machines, e.g. lawnmower repair, yet find the time to speak to their customers.

I personally do not use businesses that don't publish a contact number.

As for MGR parts - I would suggest to try BS Motors of Sandy - also known as ecp2004 on ebay. They provide real customer service. In my experience they always answer the phone, give you as much time as you need on the phone, and their parts prices are the lowest of all the known X-part suppliers.

There is also Rimmers, with near-perfect customer service. Many MGR owners use their services without paying a single penny. A company well worth supporting IMO.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2019, 08:33   #17
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

I simply do not see why anyone regards answering a business phone at some stage during the working day is an onerous task, it really isn't and appears to be a nonsense made up argument in my view.

However surely the point here is not the fact a phone number is not provided but the fact that emails go unanswered and that an ongoing number of customers have to resort to making an appeal on a public car discussion forum before being able to get a response? Then at that point there comes into play the added factor that a phone number is not provided resulting in customers having to resort to making a public appeal on a discussion board for a response.

So the problem is not the unprofessional lack of a phone number but the lack of response to even emails.

It's not a problem for me from this supplier because I don't use him after my last experience, I have just recently ordered and fitted a substancial amount of parts including the entire rear suspension and dampers plus numerous other items from other suppliers which I have no doubt would have been bought from this supplier as I had already done in the past if my previous experience had been better. Thats business, or the loss of.

However The bizarre fact remains that there appears to be a number of contributors to this forum who seem to find it quite acceptable that a supplier doesn't bother to answer Emails containing customer queries, doesn't provide a phone number and has to be roused by queries on a public forum before responding, to the point when those contributors actually have the cheek to criticise those customers seeking a response of any nature.

Which I find odd. Especially when a number of the same contributors appear to quite rightly be put out when they experience similar treatment and service from other suppliers.

So my point is not a comment about a supplier that I no longer use who can carry on as he wishes as it no longer affects me but the pointed double standards of a number of contributors on this forum which they are happy to display. During all the years that i have operated in business i can without fear of contradiction say that no customer of mine has ever had a problem contacting me in regards to queries, problems or general enquiries. I answer every email or phone call and find it no trouble or problem at all as I'm sure neither do most businesses..

Last edited by bendrick; 28th March 2019 at 08:52..
Old 28th March 2019, 08:38   #18
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
Can we not have a bickering section added to the forum so we don't have to read about it on normal posts?

Why, when we have a forum with many bickering sections, would you wish to dilute this by adding another bickering section?
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2019, 08:57   #19
cbr1100xx
Gets stuck in

VW touareg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Why, when we have a forum with many bickering sections, would you wish to dilute this by adding another bickering section?
I wonder how many people have posted a genuine question only to see it turn into a playground fight with buns and toys flying all over the place.
As a newbie , I wouldn't like it
As a member who has been here for a while I don't like it , but then some people just post to be argumentative.
Old 28th March 2019, 09:13   #20
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
I wonder how many people have posted a genuine question only to see it turn into a playground fight with buns and toys flying all over the place.
As a newbie , I wouldn't like it
As a member who has been here for a while I don't like it , but then some people just post to be argumentative.

I couldn't agree with you more

Which is exactly my point. Having previously joined in a thread put up by someone else appealing for a response from this supplier at a time when I had had no response to emails for days either.

A number of regular contributors to this forum who of course were not affected piled in one after the other with their unsolicited opinions.

There was everything from 'Its only a small order anyway' to 'Ignore him he's only been a forum member for a short time'

And I am quite happy to carry on pointing out the unsolicited posted up hypocrisy of those are quite happy to whine when they are unable to recieve responses or goods from other suppliers but find similar treatment acceptable to others in other cases.