Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th July 2019, 15:12   #21
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

You say you have not informed your insurers yet Steve. If I were you, I would. You might find it to your disadvantage if you don't. I understand why the widely held suspicion of insurers is so, but there is often a misunderstanding of policy conditions leading to it.
Old 29th July 2019, 20:11   #22
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
You say you have not informed your insurers yet Steve. If I were you, I would. You might find it to your disadvantage if you don't. I understand why the widely held suspicion of insurers is so, but there is often a misunderstanding of policy conditions leading to it.
exactly. Even more so if it is written off (although I am not sure if they can or not - but that is where your insurance comes in, for the legal cover if you have it), If it is written off, it will be recorded on the MID, perhaps even any payout I will be too. it is not an issue until you would come to claim, and they see it, and then they could void the policy (that's the threat in my terms and conditions).

You only have to phone them to state a 'for your information only'. It also means, should you need legal action, you have fulfilled your obligations to them, to which they then cannot deny you assistance.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2019, 22:58   #23
Steve42
I really should get out more.......

mg 190+

Default Update

Looking good.
Informed them today. And it's going to be fixed.
Only concern is it's not been looked at yet .
But we will see. Waiting for pick up date.
So fingers crossed.

Last edited by Steve42; 29th July 2019 at 23:47..
Steve42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2019, 16:15   #24
Briodyjl01
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer, Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve42 View Post
Looking good.
Informed them today. And it's going to be fixed.
Only concern is it's not been looked at yet .
But we will see. Waiting for pick up date.
So fingers crossed.
Good Luck! Put a tracker in it.....
Old 31st July 2019, 07:15   #25
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
As for who's fault it was he has no place to go. Will be all on my CCTV.
His insurance company have not said that they will scrap my car. Told him it will more than likely it will be classed as a written off. By my insurance.
As of this morning sounds as if his car will also be written off. Needs 4 doors plus what ever is found. Feel sorry for him lovely bloke and he really was gutted.
But see what the insurance say when they start .

Why would you claim on your insurance? Yes they will have the power to write it off. As would the other insurance - however you have no obligation with the other insurance to accept anything.

Quote:
I should be ok with the insurance. Full protected no claims.
And will have to read the small print. But if I was not to blame it will not count against me.

Bet it does though

Again, you own insurance only needs to be informed, (material fact which may affect the insurance) . Protected no claims or third party only shouldn't matter: because your claim isn't against yourself.

Quote:
Pass I think the same. But he was told that by his insurance.
Mine not been informed as yet . But you know what insurance people are like . Has the name rover on so its written off before you start.
I will fight it if that's what they say.

The other insurance actually can declare your car a write off if you were to insist on repair at a greater cost than the market value of your car (where repair cost includes any other expenses such as hire car etc..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
exactly. Even more so if it is written off (although I am not sure if they can or not - but that is where your insurance comes in, for the legal cover if you have it), If it is written off, it will be recorded on the MID, perhaps even any payout I will be too. it is not an issue until you would come to claim, and they see it, and then they could void the policy (that's the threat in my terms and conditions).

You only have to phone them to state a 'for your information only'. It also means, should you need legal action, you have fulfilled your obligations to them, to which they then cannot deny you assistance.

You do have to inform your insurance as clf states, just make sure you make it clear 'this is not a claim'.

I'd ask pick up for what purpose. If the word assessment was at all used in relation to the pick up I'd tell them not to bother. There's no need for your car to go anywhere until they are agreed to cover repair costs in full in writing.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2019, 17:28   #26
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Iif you claim against them then they do have an interest. Beyond that the person claiming has a responsibility to keep costs reasonable. Asking for more than your car is worth in order to repair it isn't reasonable. Arguing up the value of your car of course is very reasonable. Minimising losses by not using hire cars or billing for travel is wise as all those costs add to the total cost of repair and need paying until the car is returned to your repaired. It's often these costs that trigger the 'write off' (uneconical repair can classification). You can always take a payout for the full value of your car then buy back the salvage and repair it yourself (often done with older/low value cat N write offs).

Where?:
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
Old 31st July 2019, 21:21   #27
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Surely they do have an interest, their own. But without an agreed value policy (which would involve your own policy and insurance company), they would stop paying out over the market value.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2019, 12:04   #28
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Surely they do have an interest, their own. But without an agreed value policy (which would involve your own policy and insurance company), they would stop paying out over the market value.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk
'interest' is different to 'insurable interest'.

I'm interested in lots of things. Some will be insurable interests (my house, car - or practically everything I own). Some are merely hobbies - e.g. watching sport on the telly.

When I say the third party insurer has an interest: what I meant was, to be more specific, a 'financial interest' i.e. they have an interest in how much it's going to cost them! (perhaps that should have been made clearer, for the especially pedantic).

Where?:
Mods/Retrofits:

To do:
Old 1st August 2019, 12:26   #29
Steve42
I really should get out more.......

mg 190+

Default good news

sent the photos off this morning of the damage.
in less than a hour garage called and said its going to be repaired .
said due to the fact of low miles overall condition and that I had said I was a member of a owners club that meant it was not just a run about. been collected tomorrow so lets hope the job is a good one when it comes back.
to say I was worried is a understatement . you see it time and time again with cars that with out a look just say thats scrap or will be written off.
when with just a few pounds it could be sorted. even more when you say its a rover.

thanks all
steve
Steve42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2019, 21:12   #30
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

I hope it goes well for you. Fingers crossed.

Where?:
Mods/Retrofits:

To do: