Old 6th November 2019, 18:51   #31
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robeire View Post
Hi,

I found your post very moving to say the least.

I don’t do any social media of any sort except

Talking to ye guys on .

I try to keep it light hearted as much as I can .

The real story of my r75 Connie.

As a 17yo I had a mental breakdown got ECT

And was on medication for a few years.

Truth be told it never goes away , but it can be

maintained (in my case) with the help Good

Friends and family.

Flash forward to may of this year my 16 yo

Daughter was diagnosed with Ewing sarcoma

Stage 4 cancer , my whole world blew up .

To keep my mind full and not allow to much

Darkness in I got the r75connie and have spent

Every bit of free time on it . My daughter has done

Her last batch of chemotherapy last week and is

On the up . I may have never have shared any of

This with ye guys , But after reading your post I

Felt it was appropriate.

As I said I don’t do social media and am not savvy

In this regard ,so if this post inappropriate please

Let me know and I will remove it straight away.

Rob

Not inappropriate at all, best wishes to. Your daughter and yourself, you are among friends here, say whatever you like 👍👍
Old 7th November 2019, 08:14   #32
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,481 Posts

Quote:
Hi,

I found your post very moving to say the least.
I don’t do any social media of any sort except
Talking to ye guys on .
I try to keep it light hearted as much as I can .
The real story of my r75 Connie.
As a 17yo I had a mental breakdown got ECT
And was on medication for a few years.
Truth be told it never goes away , but it can be
maintained (in my case) with the help Good
Friends and family.
Flash forward to may of this year my 16 yo
Daughter was diagnosed with Ewing sarcoma
Stage 4 cancer , my whole world blew up .
To keep my mind full and not allow to much
Darkness in I got the r75connie and have spent
Every bit of free time on it . My daughter has done
Her last batch of chemotherapy last week and is
On the up . I may have never have shared any of This with ye guys , But after reading your post I
Felt it was appropriate.
As I said I don’t do social media and am not savvy
In this regard ,so if this post inappropriate please
Let me know and I will remove it straight away.

Rob
Hiya Rob how you doing.

Blommin heck you've been through a lot and takes a lot of beeps too say all that, Hope your keeping okay and your daughter as well, that must be one hell of a battle face physically as well mentally.

You found something that you enjoy doing which keeps your mind at bay its positive and its the way too go also talking as well is other major factor.

Even when I was busy I was still in that place, If I had spoke all about this I reckon things would have been very different but again I was stuck in that old fashioned mentality us men can deal with everything and anything.

I've learned the hard way that talking is a very healthy thing to do.

Hope your well and send our best wishes too your daughter as well, By reading your post she's certainly getting a lot better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Hey Dave glad you've got yourself together again mate, It was frightening reaDing your thread. You're looking fit mate & ready to say ......Give me your boots your jacket & your motorcycle.

Hiya Ian how's it going, I'm back and a hell of a lot stronger from it too quitting is not a option, at the time it seemed like thing too do, that's changed completely now.

hahah still got a long way too go tho.

You forgot too say please.

Lest we forget.

Never forget them and support our armed forces.

https://i.imgur.com/oyca2Lyl.jpg?1
Passion Never Dies It Only Gets Stronger.
Go your own way.

Lordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2019, 10:27   #33
robeire
Avid contributor

Rover 75 tourer 131bhp

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Not inappropriate at all, best wishes to. Your daughter and yourself, you are among friends here, say whatever you like ����
Thanks trikey,

I was just afraid I was hi jacking the post .
My daughter is great and we are waiting on our appointment date for the tumour to be removed in your great city of Manchester and we are delighted.
Our healthcare system is great only up to a certain point and then you need to be very Welty to get good and safe healthcare after that .
My daughters name is Aoife (Ava in English) .
I’m here if any of ye lads ever need to talk I mean that .
If it ever stops raining and if any of ye good chaps would like to come over on holiday , my door is always open and a rover 75 at your disposal .

Rob

Last edited by robeire; 7th November 2019 at 10:53..
robeire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2019, 10:46   #34
robeire
Avid contributor

Rover 75 tourer 131bhp

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vengeance View Post
Hiya Rob how you doing.

Blommin heck you've been through a lot and takes a lot of beeps too say all that, Hope your keeping okay and your daughter as well, that must be one hell of a battle face physically as well mentally.

You found something that you enjoy doing which keeps your mind at bay its positive and its the way too go also talking as well is other major factor.

Even when I was busy I was still in that place, If I had spoke all about this I reckon things would have been very different but again I was stuck in that old fashioned mentality us men can deal with everything and anything.

I've learned the hard way that talking is a very healthy thing to do.

Hope your well and send our best wishes too your daughter as well, By reading your post she's certainly getting a lot better.

Hiya Ian how's it going, I'm back and a hell of a lot stronger from it too quitting is not a option, at the time it seemed like thing too do, that's changed completely now.

hahah still got a long way too go tho.

You forgot too say please.
Thanks mate
I left a big reply to the other thank you .
I’m doing this on a phone in work 🥺
Thanks
Rob
Old 7th November 2019, 21:13   #35
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Quote:
Thanks mate
I left a big reply to the other thank you .
I’m doing this on a phone in work 🥺
Thanks
Rob
Hiya Rob don't worry about thread hijacking at all.

I'm pretty easy going.

That's great news that there getting prepared too remove the tumour for good this time, be a massive relief for your daughter yourself and the whole family.

The big C is one truly horrible thing to go through.

There's one thing about this place were all a big family here willing too help others in there time of need.

Really appreciate that Rob many thanks and such a really kind offer as well.

Lest we forget.

Go your own way.

Old 9th November 2019, 18:43   #36
Discofan
Loves to post

(Land)Rover Freelander 2

Hi Dave,

Your posting is very brave and to me very moving.
I have personal experience of what you described in 2 ways, one ended well just like you, the second tragically.

Im a police officer and got a call to a report of a suicidal male in a car. It was a night shift and in the middle of winter, a real hard freezing, foggy night. We'd been in the station doing paperwork for several hours when we got the emergency call and came out to find the patrol car absoloutely frozen solid, we took off anyway with windows still frozen, barely able to see out and it was about 3 miles away in a car park on a dark country road, I was observer and actually was leaning out of the passengers door window assisting the driver with where to go and the journey seemed frustratingly long and far too slow. Long story short, we got there in time, ambulance arriving just a few moments after us. I never heard of the man again, never found out what his problems had been. Was just pleased to have done our bit. I'm no longer in uniform but notice that my colleagues very often leave their cars running all the time when they are in the station these days, not great for the planet or the service fuel bills but means they are ready to go instantly when they have to.

The second incident was unfortunately much closer to home and ended in the worst possible way because it was my younger sister who tragically took her own life in a car. I'll not go into details, Its a lot of years ago now. As Im typing this though I have tears in my eyes and havent cried about her in such a long time. Time is a healer but the sense of loss is sometimes still so strong. The impact on my own mental health was significant but its my parents who my heart breaks for. They and I to this day still dont know why.

I respect your openness and bravery for talking about this. I really hope you take all the help available and find yourself now in a better place than you were then.

As BT used to say, "It's good to talk"

Best wishes.
Discofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2019, 19:40   #37
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discofan View Post
Hi Dave,

Your posting is very brave and to me very moving.
I have personal experience of what you described in 2 ways, one ended well just like you, the second tragically.

Im a police officer and got a call to a report of a suicidal male in a car. It was a night shift and in the middle of winter, a real hard freezing, foggy night. We'd been in the station doing paperwork for several hours when we got the emergency call and came out to find the patrol car absoloutely frozen solid, we took off anyway with windows still frozen, barely able to see out and it was about 3 miles away in a car park on a dark country road, I was observer and actually was leaning out of the passengers door window assisting the driver with where to go and the journey seemed frustratingly long and far too slow. Long story short, we got there in time, ambulance arriving just a few moments after us. I never heard of the man again, never found out what his problems had been. Was just pleased to have done our bit. I'm no longer in uniform but notice that my colleagues very often leave their cars running all the time when they are in the station these days, not great for the planet or the service fuel bills but means they are ready to go instantly when they have to.

The second incident was unfortunately much closer to home and ended in the worst possible way because it was my younger sister who tragically took her own life in a car. I'll not go into details, Its a lot of years ago now. As Im typing this though I have tears in my eyes and havent cried about her in such a long time. Time is a healer but the sense of loss is sometimes still so strong. The impact on my own mental health was significant but its my parents who my heart breaks for. They and I to this day still dont know why.

I respect your openness and bravery for talking about this. I really hope you take all the help available and find yourself now in a better place than you were then.

As BT used to say, "It's good to talk"

Best wishes.
Just Caught up with this now.

I'm mind blown and deeply for your loss of your sister.

Now that must have been very mentally tough too deal with.
I came open about it mainly because I didn't want too add anymore unneeded pressure of trying too close the lid and pretend it never happened.

At first I was going too keep it a secret, I quickly changed my mind because it only takes one person too find out and everyone knows so rather then hide it I thought beep it and just come clean about it.

Again I'm sorry about your loss I deeply am.

I'm glad the male survived and you were able too do your part in preventing it from happing.

I've learned one thing suicide isn't the answer at the time in that very dark place you believe its the right one.

Only till afterwards what the hell did I do that for.

Lest we forget.

Go your own way.

Old 13th December 2020, 00:49   #38
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Post revival I know its happen a year ago, but since covid has happened any people are still feeling cut off please don't hesitate too talk too me I can and I will hear you out and most inconstantly not judge you either.

I will help every way i can.

Lest we forget.

Go your own way.