Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 17th February 2019, 18:28   #1
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts
Default What have you done for someone else wanting nothing in return?

Following from this post really;

'The last person I 'Payed it Forwards to was a young woman buying a phone I was selling for her to give one of her kids. On finding out she was a single mother with 3 kids I made sure she would have a Happy Christmas so I bought the other 2 kids second hand phones and a Christmas present for her also that she and the kids would like which was a laser music ball. Her ex did not pay the child allowance so I covered it. Lets just say I would have saved money just by giving her the phone for free rather than making a good Christmas for her like I had.'
What goes around comes around I believe.
Old 17th February 2019, 19:00   #2
visfix
Gets stuck in

Peugeot 508 GT

Nice to hear there's still some good people in the world.
visfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2019, 19:59   #3
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Well, I put in three full days a week at a local engineering college to help youngsters on engineering diploma courses learn to apply engineering principles and mathematics. Not only do I contribute my time for free, I also pay my own travelling and food expenses. I am even going in for a whole day next week, during half-term week, to run a tutorial session for revision.

It is my way of giving something back to the education system for the lifestyle that I have as a result of my education.

Mrs MSS has been doing similar as a volunteer for Citizens Advice for the past 2+ years.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2019, 20:45   #4
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Need look no further than Marinabrian from here, the amount of times he has traveled well out of his way, often hundreds of miles,just to help a fellow club member with a car problem.His only request in return? A cup of coffee and the odd biscuit.
Many times I have been on the receiving end of that generosity and not one penny would he accept in return.His reward is being able to help others. Same with Trikey, he has helped me out with parts a few times. I hope one day to return the kindness. I always believe that if someone helps me. I will endeavor to return the good deed
Old 17th February 2019, 20:50   #5
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

I try to help my elderly customers if I can, my .mother is 86 and unsteady on her feet now, can't go out of tbe house without someone to hold on to, I would like to think people would do the same for her.
Old 17th February 2019, 21:04   #6
neilll
Gets stuck in

MG ZT,MG ZT-T

When I help people out it makes me feel really good inside. It beggars believe how people can be so nasty to other people and their property with their selfish ways (do they get a kick out of it)? I could start a rant about some selfish b******s but I won`t as I am in a nice place at the moment (home).

Neil
neilll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2019, 22:30   #7
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

I help as a driver collecting young adults that are vulnerable and take them from A to B, I cover all costs.
I've helped at Cubs and at a driving "centre" as an instructor for youngsters not yet old enough to drive.
I have given a few spares away on this forum.
I've helped stranded motorists
I've given money to charities

and compared to many other people, I've done nothing, they do so much

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2019, 22:31   #8
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

I paid for a ladies shopping - it was a small amount - only £16 or so - last week as she was very distressed at having mislaid her Cash card.

She realised she had left it in the card machine at the local chemist but being a true “lady” - she was mortified at not having her card to pay her shopping.

I got a hug from her

Well worth it.

Edit - should have said - the hug came with her having retrieved her card - the Chemist had kept it for her.

Lovely lady

Probably 20 years my senior in case anyone thinks “yeah right!!!”��

Last edited by Darcydog; 17th February 2019 at 22:35..
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2019, 00:32   #9
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Need look no further than Marinabrian from here, the amount of times he has traveled well out of his way, often hundreds of miles,just to help a fellow club member with a car problem.His only request in return? A cup of coffee and the odd biscuit.
Many times I have been on the receiving end of that generosity and not one penny would he accept in return.His reward is being able to help others. Same with Trikey, he has helped me out with parts a few times. I hope one day to return the kindness. I always believe that if someone helps me. I will endeavor to return the good deed
I have respect for him for that. trikey is the same type of bloke that has helped me many times
Old 18th February 2019, 23:11   #10
mbrenn
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloons Conn SE 2.0L V6 (2001) & Conn 2.0L CDTi (2003)

The world is full of selfish Bs but where does it get them? People soon see them for what they are. You get back what you give out in life - for it is in giving that we receive, even if it is only the knowledge that we have done a good deed. At the end of our days when we are asked what did we do to make a difference in life to help others, we’ll not be stuck for answers. Many blindly pursue money but true wealth is our relationships with other people and making a difference to their lives. A kind word or a helping hand when people are feeling down etc. Glad to see that there are still decent folk out there and many on this forum.
Car-wise, a few years ago I restored a Rover75 that I bought for spares (but it was too good to scrap). My best friend who is always there to lend a helping hand with house repairs/plumbing etc had sold his car to buy an old jeep for work so was without a respectable car. He greatly admired the car so I gave it to him as a thank you and he had several years of happy motoring with it.
mbrenn is offline   Reply With Quote