Notices

Old 23rd January 2018, 10:30   #31
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
There we go again, name calling.

Stalker? - you commented on my post and myself DD, as you often do, not the other way around. So who would be the stalker?

Read up about the characteristics of a bully, how a bully behaves when someone does not readily submit to their self-declared superiority in all matters, and look in the mirror.

Then see if you can try to emulate a normal grown up man.
I totally agree.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2018, 10:34   #32
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankson View Post
''if they lived in a council house or social housing they would be almost £100 a week better off.
Does working and doing the right thing really pay off?''
Your statement implies that those who rent whether it be private or council and for whatever reason, are ''doing the wrong thing''
I bet all of your 'facts' come from the rabid pages of the daily mail!
I did not read his post that way at all and if you had thought about it a little more you might have had a different view.
This is my thread so no horrible arguments please?
The people on benefit, lost benefits have now at least a bit of hope that their lives could return to some normality, at least as normal as any disabled person can have.....
.......That is what this thread is about!
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2018, 10:56   #33
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Hey Moderators, some of the "grown ups" on here can`t keep it civil so go ahead pull the plug please.
All I attempted to do was pass on some good news to many deserving people who in my and many others opinion have been ill treated.
So, shut it down please.
Ken.
Old 23rd January 2018, 11:10   #34
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
I did not read his post that way at all and if you had thought about it a little more you might have had a different view.
This is my thread so no horrible arguments please?
The people on benefit, lost benefits have now at least a bit of hope that their lives could return to some normality, at least as normal as any disabled person can have.....
.......That is what this thread is about!
Ken.
Yes it’s a shame that those that like to label others Rabid Daily Mail readers are also those that squeal the loudest when they think they have been called names.

What’s good for the goose etc.

And it is a shame that the sensible discussion on renting or buying if you have a disability will not get an airing here if you close the thread - not a big issue - but it does show how some like to stifle debate if the facts of the debate are not to their liking.

This a a crucial subject that regardless of some liking it or not - does need airing

Last edited by Darcydog; 23rd January 2018 at 11:12..
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2018, 12:53   #35
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

I will leave to the Mod`s
maybe let it run but if the bickering starts it`s up to them.
At one time out of work many decades ago, the benefit I got regarding mortgage was that I got the interest paid so that I did not loose my home.
I guess that must have changed.
Ken.
Old 23rd January 2018, 13:18   #36
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
I will leave to the Mod`s
maybe let it run but if the bickering starts it`s up to them.
At one time out of work many decades ago, the benefit I got regarding mortgage was that I got the interest paid so that I did not loose my home.
I guess that must have changed.
Ken.
It has changed - firstly you have to be eligible for other benefits before they will consider paying “Housing Cost Benefit” which is designed to pay only the interest - not the capital- and this is paid at a fixed rate of interest so if you pay more or less than what you actually pay in interest matters not a jot.

The issue here is that few people who have any sort of assets are eligible for these other benefits - so buying a house practically make you ineligible for anything.

And if by some quirk of fate you are eligible by way of being on one of the “trigger benefits” - you have to wait 39 weeks before you get any help with the interest payments.

It used to be 13 weeks but they changed it. So no possibility of help at all for 9 months - and then you need to be claiming other “trigger” benefits to get even this.

And if you look at the criteria you have to fulfil to get those benefits - then anyone with the slightest amount of savings or assets is likely to fail the test.

Is it fair? No I don’t think so? Not when large landowners get huge sums by way of FIT for wind farms and solar panels - and Buy to let landlords can get the State to effectively pay them to prevent them making their tenants homeless.

It needs a shake up - and surprisingly for me - I actually think Corbyn has the right idea. The timing is certainly right with so many youngsters struggling with high rents.

In my day a mortgage cost you more than renting!

Now youngsters are told that they cannot afford a mortgage despite evidence that for years they have been paying far more a month in rent!!

Barmy.

Last edited by Darcydog; 23rd January 2018 at 13:31..
Old 23rd January 2018, 21:36   #37
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd840 View Post
and then there is motability cars - and not just any cars, top of the line models that the working class person cant afford without being ticked up to the eyeballs, in my opinion if you are to get a free motability car then all you should be entitled to is a "basic" car

Is it just me that thinks this ?
Maybe worth reading up on the facts, nobody gets a ‘free’ car they are paid for, the better the car the person wants the more they pay. Just like pcp lease but with servicing and insurance included which is paid for by the person claiming mobility

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2018, 21:42   #38
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Clive and Maninder, you really need to let this feud go and stop having digs at each other at any opportunity

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2018, 06:32   #39
Darcydog
This is my second home

More than happy to -
Old 24th January 2018, 07:02   #40
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

More than happy to do so Mark.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote