Notices

Old 24th January 2018, 10:31   #11
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
The part that amazed me was the fabrication of the part below the windscreen, I forget exactly how many hours they claimed they took to do the hole car but the fabrication would have taken half of that.

I just don't get why he does so much work and them sells them for a bargain price or is it me?
In the best of / behind the scenes episodes, Ant stated he worked past midnight on that fabrication, and if I recall, they stated 46 hours labor (or labour in English ) on the Saab. So that was just over a working week to get that Saab up to scratch - dont recall the headlining?

I would love to know how they work the labour hours. The Healey was 45 man hours? The exhaust and manifold along must have taken at least 8

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2018, 11:01   #12
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
I just don't get why he does so much work and them sells them for a bargain price or is it me?
They just include the parts cost, they completely ignore the workshop cost/ time and labour costs. Not something a normal person could afford to do, unless they were able to make money on the TV plays.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2018, 11:11   #13
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
They just include the parts cost, they completely ignore the workshop cost/ time and labour costs. Not something a normal person could afford to do, unless they were able to make money on the TV plays.
I think the idea stretches back to the original premise of Wheeler Dealers, which was that you could do these things yourself, with the expectation that you had at least a driveway and tools. Whether to make money, or to fix your own car up.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2018, 14:09   #14
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
I think the idea stretches back to the original premise of Wheeler Dealers, which was that you could do these things yourself, with the expectation that you had at least a driveway and tools. Whether to make money, or to fix your own car up.
Fix them up for the pleasure of fixing and for your own use is fine, but there would be not much point them being sold on at parts cost, unless that's what floats your boat.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2018, 14:26   #15
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Also the £3k paint job, nice if you could find a paint shop to do what appears to be a good job for that. Remember the Ferrari? The paint shop decided to paint the complete car for the quoted price They wont be in business for long if they keep doing that.

Personally I prefer the original series when Ed would get a rattle can out and do the best job he could.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2018, 07:26   #16
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

I must have missed this but what happened to Ed? did they have a fallout?
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote