Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th May 2018, 17:50   #11
steve1975
Banned

rover 75 saloon

I made a set same way a while ago.
steve1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2018, 21:00   #12
Dorchester2
incurable Rover addict

Rover 75 Saloon V6 2.5 1999 - Rover 25 1.4 2002 - Rover 214i cab 1994 - Rover P5b coupe 1968

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverlike View Post

Sorry mate, I wrote too fast!
I've seen it just after.

Thanks. Ordered.
I'll put them on my original Rover sandstone ones that are deprived of the logo.
I've the logo on the headrests but I guess that the carpets were bought afterwards.
  • This vehicle was the 2,032nd 75 in Atlantic Blue Pearlescent (code: JEY) to be made out of 2,572 Atlantic Blue Pearlescent 75s
Dorchester2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2018, 22:45   #13
david75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Conn SE, 04

Thanks for the link to the badges. I ordered some and they arrived very quickly.

The OP explains about "melting" the pile from the mat where the badge is destined to go. Is that what others have done too?

And sticking with silicone? Have others used different adhesive?

thanks
Old 20th May 2018, 22:53   #14
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

My stepdaughter once asked if the reason for everything having the Rover badge on was that the old people that drove them kept forgetting what car they actually owned.

The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2018, 03:22   #15
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverlike View Post

Thanks I have just ordered a set as well, I bought some a few years back to do this job but the badges were not the correct colour, perhaps that is unfair they were not the colours I was expecting.
What kind of glue / adhesive did you use I had been going to use evo stick contact adhesive. The red tin, I used this some years ago with the old Caravan when some carpet tiles came my way, I fitted very high quality carpet tiles to the Caravan floor, with the dropped step entrance and landing area having some anti static dirt trap tiles. It was a fantastic job, quality I could not have afforded if I had had to pay for them, the contract price was £73 per square meter with the dirt trap ones coming in at £132 per square meter.
As I say I used evostick red contact adhesive. But would love to find a less smelly way to glue the patches on. That will be my last set of sandstone quality rover car mats used like you the drivers mat has a logo stitched into it but the rest are just plain thick pile mats.
Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2018, 05:17   #16
hrissim
Gets stuck in

75 MK1 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rovering Member View Post
My stepdaughter once asked if the reason for everything having the Rover badge on was that the old people that drove them kept forgetting what car they actually owned.
Ahahahah - nice one!
Regards to your stepdaughter from me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by david75 View Post
Thanks for the link to the badges. I ordered some and they arrived very quickly.

The OP explains about "melting" the pile from the mat where the badge is destined to go. Is that what others have done too?

And sticking with silicone? Have others used different adhesive?

thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanaslan View Post
Thanks I have just ordered a set as well, I bought some a few years back to do this job but the badges were not the correct colour, perhaps that is unfair they were not the colours I was expecting.
What kind of glue / adhesive did you use I had been going to use evo stick contact adhesive. The red tin, I used this some years ago with the old Caravan when some carpet tiles came my way, I fitted very high quality carpet tiles to the Caravan floor, with the dropped step entrance and landing area having some anti static dirt trap tiles. It was a fantastic job, quality I could not have afforded if I had had to pay for them, the contract price was £73 per square meter with the dirt trap ones coming in at £132 per square meter.
As I say I used evostick red contact adhesive. But would love to find a less smelly way to glue the patches on. That will be my last set of sandstone quality rover car mats used like you the drivers mat has a logo stitched into it but the rest are just plain thick pile mats.
Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Any for plastic/artificial materials which when dry are elastic
The surfaces have to be clean and dry!
Old 21st May 2018, 07:25   #17
Dorchester2
incurable Rover addict

Rover 75 Saloon V6 2.5 1999 - Rover 25 1.4 2002 - Rover 214i cab 1994 - Rover P5b coupe 1968

Finally I haven't put the flashy badges on my original sandstone mats.
Too much difference bearing in mind that the original badges were tone on tone which I think is much smarter & classier.
And I didn't want to spoil my genuine mats rubbing the thickness of them & stick the badges with glue.

As I'd bough a beige complementary headrest to make my nape more comfortable, I asked my wife to sew one badge on it. Same move for 2 other cushions, one for my wife - worrying to be too low in the car - and one for myself to match the level with the nape rest. The fourth being sewn on a waistcoat of mine.

I'm happy with that solution. I had better to keep the 75 as authentic as she was when going out of Cowley.
  • This vehicle was the 2,032nd 75 in Atlantic Blue Pearlescent (code: JEY) to be made out of 2,572 Atlantic Blue Pearlescent 75s
Old 21st May 2018, 08:34   #18
hrissim
Gets stuck in

75 MK1 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorchester2 View Post
Finally I haven't put the flashy badges on my original sandstone mats.
Too much difference bearing in mind that the original badges were tone on tone which I think is much smarter & classier.
And I didn't want to spoil my genuine mats rubbing the thickness of them & stick the badges with glue.

As I'd bough a beige complementary headrest to make my nape more comfortable, I asked my wife to sew one badge on it. Same move for 2 other cushions, one for my wife - worrying to be too low in the car - and one for myself to match the level with the nape rest. The fourth being sewn on a waistcoat of mine.

I'm happy with that solution. I had better to keep the 75 as authentic as she was when going out of Cowley.
Hi Arnaud!
Everyone has his own taste
Post some photos of what you`ve done with the cushions
Old 21st May 2018, 14:20   #19
Dorchester2
incurable Rover addict

You're quite right @hrissim each on their own, and I'm a bit old fashioned as you've seen.

Badges on cushions? Nothing very exciting or original!
But your wish is my command...

Deceived? Likely.
The aim was not at all to be stunning but comfortable for my poor back.

Last edited by Dorchester2; 21st May 2018 at 14:23..
Old 21st May 2018, 19:13   #20
hrissim
Gets stuck in

75 MK1 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorchester2 View Post
You're quite right @hrissim each on their own, and I'm a bit old fashioned as you've seen.

Badges on cushions? Nothing very exciting or original!
But your wish is my command...

Deceived? Likely.
The aim was not at all to be stunning but comfortable for my poor back.
Thank you, Arnaud!
My idea was to share... realized ideas Not command.
BTW your wife has gold hands as I can see.
Comfort is the magic word.