Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 18th August 2018, 11:47   #71
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

Utter rubbish indeed, instead of studying laws. I respectfully suggest you spend some time in some real environments where bullying and dog eat dog exists, then you would not insult people by calling this harassment and bullying.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk
Old 18th August 2018, 11:49   #72
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas 75 connie View Post

As to Clydes car. Yes it might look spangly but things were said on another thread which wasn't bullying just stating facts ie brake pipes. We all know the brake pipes corrode. Both my old launch car and my father's both needed doing and we had them replaced.

I really hope he gets the money but as long as I have a hole in my backside I really don't think he will.
I have to agree, (although people forget the fact that it is typed/read which masks all emotion incl. sincerity) - and add to the brake pipe observation.

When I read the ad originally, I baulked at the mention of cost of the tyres (8 in total!) in the space of two years. To me that read of someone trying to get a buyer to pay for the previous owner's use of the car.

I thought of it from a different perspective though, it was a demonstration that the car had been cared for regardless of cost (the cost of these, in this instance still should not have been mentioned IMO). However this made me think, '8 tyres in two years?' Either the car has been ragged, or there's something wrong with the geometry. The shininess of it, to my mind, would rule out excessive annual mileage. I am probably wrong on that, but as an reader of an ad of such an expensive car in terms of value not cost, I would want to know why. Maybe I am good on tyres, but have always got between 20 and 30k miles per driving axle pair. Currently the set that are on my car are at 30k, with the fronts (which were swapped a year ago from the back) are almost ready for replacement, they are showing 2mm of tread, with the rears showing between 3 and 4mm! (they are a cheap set of 'ditchfinders' by the way, Maxtrek. They are fine in the dry, adequate in the wet, and I am sure will find those ditches if I was to drive in a manner not befitting of the conditions! )

I too hope he gets at least close to the money he advertised it for (unless it was an appeasement exercise - 'I will put the car up for sale, and if it doesnt sell, then we have to keep it' ). I have to keep my own car to get the value from it. I have spent at least 4k on it in the 4 1/2 years I have had it. With at least 3k of which on preventative maintenance (and some cosmetic customisation) rather than servicing and failed components - you know, the stuff you have to accept with car ownership?

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!

Last edited by clf; 18th August 2018 at 11:59..
Old 18th August 2018, 11:50   #73
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
I am afraid that is total rubbish.

I would respectfully suggest that you spend some time reading the definition of and laws on bullying and harrasement. In my view, it would be reasonable and justified for Clyde to feel that he had been subjected to bullying and harrasement when he attempted to sell his car. He could reasonably feel that this occurred through unwanted negative comments that in all probability negatively impacted his ability to sell the car, the likely price he would sceure for the car on the forum and the effect it has had which led to him feeling it necessary to withdraw from a community of which he was a proud and contributing member.

I have never met Brian and if I did I have no doubt that we would get on like a house on fire - I have a natural affinity towards the straightforward approach of people from up nowth. But, I feel that in relation to this car his behaviour has been unacceptable. It has impacted another member and an avid enthusiast to the extent that he felt he should leave this community.

It appears that some people cannot see how a piece of metal can be so important to an individual. An alternative view would be that to many true enthusiasts, the car takes the same or higher status than their wives (or husbands). If you wish to experience how sustained negative critique of something you love feels, please post up pictures of your other halves and let us have a ball.

What I find surprising is that the forum management have demonstrated a complete lack of capability and competence in addressing this matter. Yet, they took such a heavy handed approach with Tom Force (whom I also do not know or have any connection with) to the extent that he was labelled a bully on a public forum by the management team. I would argue that the material damage done by Brian's posts in relation to Wurzel is considerably larger than the localised issue which revolved around one transaction between Tom Force and another member.

As a minimum, the offending posts should have been deleted and the relevant parties given appropriate guidance. Instead the negative comments on Clyde's car have been allowed to reman as a permanent record on the forum.

I have always postively supported the actions of the forum management but on this occasion I cannot see any evidence of effectiveness in their primary role as moderators.
Sums it all up a treat.
Old 18th August 2018, 11:52   #74
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Off topic posts removed.
Old 18th August 2018, 12:01   #75
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:

I would respectfully suggest that you spend some time reading the definition of and laws on bullying and harrasement. In my view, it would be reasonable and justified for Clyde to feel that he had been subjected to bullying and harrasement when he attempted to sell his car. He could reasonably feel that this occurred through unwanted negative comments that in all probability negatively impacted his ability to sell the car, the likely price he would sceure for the car on the forum and the effect it has had which led to him feeling it necessary to withdraw from a community of which he was a proud and contributing member.

I have never met Brian and if I did I have no doubt that we would get on like a house on fire - I have a natural affinity towards the straightforward approach of people from up nowth. But, I feel that in relation to this car his behaviour has been unacceptable. It has impacted another member and an avid enthusiast to the extent that he felt he should leave this community.

It appears that some people cannot see how a piece of metal can be so important to an individual. An alternative view would be that to many true enthusiasts, the car takes the same or higher status than their wives (or husbands). If you wish to experience how sustained negative critique of something you love feels, please post up pictures of your other halves and let us have a ball.

What I find surprising is that the forum management have demonstrated a complete lack of capability and competence in addressing this matter. Yet, they took such a heavy handed approach with Tom Force (whom I also do not know or have any connection with) to the extent that he was labelled a bully on a public forum by the management team. I would argue that the material damage done by Brian's posts in relation to Wurzel is considerably larger than the localised issue which revolved around one transaction between Tom Force and another member.

As a minimum, the offending posts should have been deleted and the relevant parties given appropriate guidance. Instead the negative comments on Clyde's car have been allowed to reman as a permanent record on the forum.

I have always postively supported the actions of the forum management but on this occasion I cannot see any evidence of effectiveness in their primary role as moderators.

You make some good points Maninder, in the end though it all comes down to "If your face fits" when certain parties are targeted.

The main antagoniser and that is what he is has been warned several time

about his conduct on here, yet, here we are still stuck with him, like a clog of dirt on your boots that will not wash off.
Ken.
Old 18th August 2018, 12:06   #76
7T5
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

I came back on here to see if things have change and no still the same.
To be honest i met Brian at one of the meets in Dundee last year. Spot on chap and great to speak to.
Its the vibe on here, its terrible. Some of mods are the pits too. Its very very cliquey. Can can't see this place ever being anything other than a waste of time, which is a shame as the Scottish folk i have meet from the club have been great.
Anyway over and out for good. Mods, if you can close my account please.
Old 18th August 2018, 12:25   #77
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
I agree with this, however you are referring to superficial standards lol. I ended a 9 years relationship with 'a stunner' (my opinion, which is the important point!) partly because of her jealousy of my car - which was kinda justified, but not really rational! (it was also partly because of alcohol and change of personality, but that is a different story lol)

Quote:

Again to a certain extent, I agree, however it it all comes to opinion (Although my agreement about some of the posts you refer to, should have been removed, comes because of precedent).

I believe we now live in a society where some people live to be offended for (not by) others. It has now got so bad, we had a two day training course on dignity at work. I barely speak in the presence of some folk in work for fear of saying something that will upset them. I told a woman in work she looked great one day, because she did! Not in a sexualised way, but she had obviously a put some effort into how she was dressed etc. and in my mind that needed to be acknowledged. (not that I need to give approval to anyone's dress etc - ESPECIALLY not me lol). But I also know that she had recently returned to work from stress. If I said that to another colleague though, I would be brought up before HR dept. because of her desire to offended - she initiated a complaint about our line manager, for questioning her lack of work, which could have been back up with figures! But those figures are not allowed to be used for any HR disputes in case it makes an employee feel inadequate!!!!

Anyway, maybe what I am saying, generally, is that maybe we need to look at comments from an alternative POV before making judgement. 'could the comment have been made with a positive tone, rather than an attacking tone?'

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
Old 18th August 2018, 12:39   #78
Groundsman Willie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8t

Quote:

I must admit that I haven't seen the offending comments, are they still on the forum for all to see, or have they been removed, presumably by the nonactive moderators?
I think you are selling the great and good of this forum short, if you think that the opinions of one member Is going to persuade potential buyers not to purchase a car. We are all free thinking adults, capable of making our own minds up as to what we like/can afford.
I also can not agree with your assertion that a true enthusiast places a higher status on their car than their partner. If that is so, maybe the partner in question should find a new spouse. It's a car. No matter whether we give it a name or talk to it (I'm as guilty as the next for doing this), IT IS A CAR. Not a living, breathing, loving, feeling entity. A. CAR.
Old 18th August 2018, 12:50   #79
ratchet
Posted a thing or two

ZT-T + CTDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg Warner View Post
Sadly the op looks like he has left the building.
He may have left the building, but he's still looking in through the window - last activity 17th August 2018 22:05.

Hopefully he's reconsidering his hasty decision and is grown up enough to return. He can always place Brian on his ignore list if he feels so inclined.

Last edited by ratchet; 18th August 2018 at 13:00..
Old 18th August 2018, 12:53   #80
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

He could shut this at anytime.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk
Closed Thread