Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12th September 2018, 13:19   #21
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
Blimey! Only the other day I was looking at a family keepsake from my father's late brother who served in the navy during WW2. Amongst all of his medals is a leaflet of which I'm not sure if it is a propaganda leaflet that was dropped at the time or a genuine communication from H.M.S. Duke of York. Your link to the Japanese antics has prompted me to post it below as it does I think give some insight into the Japanese way of thinking at the time. So what do members think of it, propaganda leaflet or comms from H.M.S. Duke of York?:

__________________________________________________ _______

" THE SUNDAY YORKER"

Vol. I No 5 The Sunday Paper of H.M.S. Duke of York. August 12, 1945_

(Today's issue of our paper is devoted to a description of the Emperor
Hirohito, which we feel will be of interest to most of our readers. The rest
of the news is so well-known that we do not intend to enlarge upon it.)
THE SON OF HEAVEN.
As a man, those who know Hirohito say that he is frugal and methodical;
that if he were not Emperor, he would probably have been a biologist; that he is conventional, and that he has a great fortune. But he is more than that to the Japanese. He is the "Son of Heaven", a descendant in direct line from the first Emperor who was born in 660 B.C., and was himself descended from the Sun Godess. The Japanese claim that their Imperial Family has had an unbroken reign of 2500 years. They ignore the critical historians who cast doubt on the date and who unkindly point out that the unbroken line has been maintained only by the adoption of sons into the Imperial Family through the Emperor's concubines, and that, at one time, three families were all claiming to be sole representatives.
To the Japanese, the Emperor is the Japanese state. He is the head of the Japanese family, the living representative of the unbroken "semi-divine" line of Emperors. He is infallible, for responsibility is taken by his advisers. He is both Deity and High Priest in the eyes of his subjects. When he dies he will join the throng of protective deities who watch over the fortunes of Japan.
That the Imperial line was founded by the Gods is the official version taught to the children of Japan. One of their leading scholars says that, for the Japanese, the Emperor is "God revealed in Human Form". Schoolchildren make obeisances, and worship his portrait on ceremonial occasions. From their earliest days, this abject glorification of the "sacred and inviolable" Emperor is impressed on young minds. It is difficult to say how many of the intelligent ones retain these simple beliefs when they reach maturity. But even if they are sceptical, their doubts are rarely voiced and certainly never find a way into the prevailing thought of Day. By surrounding the Dynasty with misty, emotional beliefs about divine origins and God-like qualities, the leaders of the 1868 revolution, for instance, created a unity in the nation which has been maintained ever since.
There is no evidence that the Emperor has personally exerted a powerful influence on Japanese policy at any time - although his permanent advisers have done so. The small group, known as the Imperial Household Ministry, lives at the Palace, is well informed, and sees that the Emperor hears all sides of questions before a decision is made. Until the outbreak of war, the members were probably pacific in temper, but it is their duty to preserve the security of the throne and the unity of the Nation. If that can be best achieved at the cost of war, then war must result.
(From "The Enemy Japan" (5.R. 1212) Oct. 1944.)
Distribution :-
Ship.- Normal H.M.S Whelp 250
C-in-C 12 H.M.S Wager 250
Old 13th September 2018, 01:56   #22
75c
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
In fairness to Kaiser Grenfell Tower burned for 24hrs but it did not collapse.
Grenfell was a cladding fire started by an electrical fault. Grenfell wasn't hit by a plane.

It doesn't take much in the way of common sense to know that when something weighing 116,000 KG hits something at 570 mph the something it hits, and things around it, are going to be just that little bit less likely to remain standing however well they're built. Two planes, both travelling at speeds of in excess of 500mph hit buildings, their combined minimum 20000 gallons of jet fuel burned at 875 degrees almost immediately upon impact, you don't need to be an engineer to know buildings are likely to come down.

The force generated by those planes was the equivalent of a meteroic earthquake as it registered over 10 on the richter scale. Nobody questions buildings falling down when an earthquake hits. When two planes hit with the impact of the strongest earthquake known to man, and they then burn out 20,000 gallons of jet fuel you really do have to be a bit special to not think that buildings in the immediate vicinity will fall.
Old 13th September 2018, 08:49   #23
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75c View Post
Grenfell was a cladding fire started by an electrical fault. Grenfell wasn't hit by a plane.

It doesn't take much in the way of common sense to know that when something weighing 116,000 KG hits something at 570 mph the something it hits, and things around it, are going to be just that little bit less likely to remain standing however well they're built. Two planes, both travelling at speeds of in excess of 500mph hit buildings, their combined minimum 20000 gallons of jet fuel burned at 875 degrees almost immediately upon impact, you don't need to be an engineer to know buildings are likely to come down.

The force generated by those planes was the equivalent of a meteroic earthquake as it registered over 10 on the richter scale. Nobody questions buildings falling down when an earthquake hits. When two planes hit with the impact of the strongest earthquake known to man, and they then burn out 20,000 gallons of jet fuel you really do have to be a bit special to not think that buildings in the immediate vicinity will fall.
Building 7 was NOT hit by a plane.
As for engineering assessments, plenty in my references.
Maybe you should try and read them?
Old 13th September 2018, 09:02   #24
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

And the references are mostly from dubious web sites peddling dubious conspiracy theories which appeal to those who want to believe them at the expense of other facts
Old 13th September 2018, 09:49   #25
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

Some Forum sites have a "ignore" member button or should it be a "delete" button?
Old 13th September 2018, 10:03   #26
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

And I believe no one was injured or killed in the collapse of WTC 7 which makes the whole discussion on this subject somewhat irrelevant. I thought this thread was about remembering the victims rather than fantasies about conspiracy theories?
Old 13th September 2018, 17:19   #27
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Thumbs up

Quote:
Building 7 was NOT hit by a plane.
Spoilsport.
Old 27th September 2018, 01:54   #28
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

https://www.bitchute.com/video/3noExmsCRyg/
Old 27th September 2018, 05:28   #29
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:

Why don`t you just leave it and stop trying to antagonize members?
James Corbett is a Nutter, are you one too?
Ken.
Old 27th September 2018, 07:33   #30
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

I agree Ken. Another pointless and dubious post. Time this thread was closed before more of this garbage appears.
Closed Thread